Weekly AA Thread - July 11 - 17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last night's meeting was awesome. The meeting was foundering for a while for various reasons. A small group of us got together & decided to try to breathe some life into it. Last night it looked to be about 40 - 50 people & a very lively discussion ensued. We read "Into Action" ...an inspiring topic. Mary
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

Comment

Yes Kimberly - life is so much better now that I don't feel the need to know everything and be the master of all that is before me. :H

Catch, I 'm glad to be able to get my ass out of the house too. Amazing how truly difficult that used to be.

Mary - isn't it exciting to be a part of something good - like breathing new life into a meeting or taking part some other way. Today at the meeting, our GSR mentioned they are re-vamping the way phone calls are handled and they are looking for some volunteers. I'm not going to volunteer for anything else just yet until I figure out what I'm doing with the possibility of going back to school. But that might be a good service opp down the road. Good that they are evaluating, and looking to breathe new life into that program!

I've been yabbering on AF Daily, but some of you might not have seen that I am considering going back to school to obtain a certificate in Addictions Studies, and then take the State license exam. We shall see! One day at a time I'm working through the investigative steps.

DG
      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Wow DG! I've heard a few speakers say they got into the field of addictions (in one way or another) after they had been sober for a while. Who better to help than someone who has been through it? Who better to be a living example! Awesome!!!! That's what the 12th step is all about. Mary
        Wisdom, Courage, Strength
        October 3, 2012

Comment

Hey that's really cool DG. I already worked in the field, doing sobriety on my own, thinking I'd cracked it - until my horrible relapse. Luckily I was working in aftercare, helping 'recovered' addicts get back into education and training - not giving recovery advice, sooo wasn't qualified to do that it turns out!

Weirdly enough I've been thinking about what to do next - I thought I wanted to go back into social care, but decided that purely focussing on addiction would be too much for a while. I read someone who wrote a blog about deciding to become a Life Coach after recovering from addiction issues. I'm really keen on the idea now.

I am a survivor of all sorts! Anxiety disorder, personality disorder, eating disorder, addiction, you name it! And i have learnt so much! So today I've been googling to find out how to go about it. I wouldn't start working with people until quite a way down the road, but if I could get some good qualifications and maybe associated vol work that'd be good.

I am quite excited now just thinking about it!! Hope everyone else is having a nice weekend.
          K x
          Recovery Coaching website

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard wl:

Recovery Videos

Comment

Mary & Kimberly, thank you for the words of support!

Kimberly, that idea about some form of Life Coaching sounds awesome!!!! How many times have we all heard around the tables, and seen here at MWO the "what next?" discussion? You would be great at helping people bridge the gap back into regular life! I can't wait to hear more about your plans as they unfold.

DG
            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
            Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
            X