Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily Tuesday 7/19

Hello Again,

DG, That looks like a tomato horn worm. I remember the first time I saw one that it was some freak mutant thing from outer space.

Uni, Thanks for updating us on your rehab. It sounds like a very good place. You are a brave woman to face your past head on and I hope you feel freer now. My mom was abused as a child (I found out about it from my father after she died). She never really dealt with it or got treatment but I can tell you that she passed on alot of her pain and sadness to me. How is life for you now that you are back home? I imagine that you formulated some type of plan before you left rehab?

AFM..Good to see you here.

Mumof6. Welcome. Tell us about yourself. Are you trying to quit drinking?

Lav, do you think a hip replacement might be in YB's future?

M3
    AF Since April 20, 2008
    4 Years!!!
    :lilheart:

Comment

AF Daily Tuesday 7/19

Inchy, good to see you!

M3, thanks for the tip. A google confirms you are right. Need to get rid of that thing (and his friends, babies, etc.) before they migrate to the big garden if they haven't already. Good job for Mr. Doggy. I'm sure not toughing it!! :eeew:

DG
      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

AF Daily Tuesday 7/19

Quick cellphone greeting from a greek bistro in san jose. Garlic. Feta. Anchovies
        Galore Weeeeeee

Mum6. Big welcome!

Back after dinner

Xxxx
        nosce te ipsum
        (Know Thyself)

Comment

AF Daily Tuesday 7/19

Nice bug DG :H
          We get weird bugs/snakes/birds.animals, etc here too!

M3 - you asked about YB's hip? Well, he actually hobbled in here this morning after having his MRI. (He was dropping off jackets that need patches stitched on for the school's security guards). I'm not doing them for free btw. He has to wait to hear if the problem actually is his hip or possibly the lumbar area (pinched nerve, slipped disc??). I'm telling you right now if he has to have surgery he won't be able to handle it on his own & there is no one else to help him. He's going to have to ask nicely for help though.....

Uni, so glad to hear about your rehab experience - sounds like it was just perfect. Stay well

AFM, I was a whole lot of help 8 summers ago when we moved here. I packed & unpacked boxes but did notget into carrying anything heavu - no way!!

Hi IC & mumofsix!

Just had a quick thunderstorm. Lasted long enough to scare my dogs but I'm sure it didn't clear the heat & humidity
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF Daily Tuesday 7/19

DG-that is definitely a tomato hornworm and they are not fun to kill. Defo give this one to Mr. Doggie!! how is he feeling BTW? Any better? Your yard/deck gardens are GORGEOUS!! Now I have TWO places to be an uninvited guest :H! So why didn't you get to register???

Lav-I sure hope YB doesn't need surgery. That's all you need is a bedridden YB!! Of course, you could always watch Misery again .

Well, I made the call at 4:30 this afternoon. I didn't want to do it early in the day in case it was bad news. I'd be devastated and would wnat to leave. Esp. since I had a dream about the whole thing last nite and in the dream I got the job. I don't think they met my salary requirments tho so I'm not sure I accepted :H. Unfortunately she wasn't there or she was screening. At any rate I left a quick and to the point VM. We'll see if I get a call tomorrow or not. I also applied for another job at another school in my city (we have 10 colleges-you'd think I'd be able to get a job at one of them for heaven's sake!!). It's back to Admissions with this one but graduate admissions, focusing on International students which is right up my alley. It was posted a month ago so we'll see if i get a response. Sort of feel like I did when I was dating. Always waiting for a call back but never getting one.
            New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

AF Daily Tuesday 7/19

Papmom, using my mental powers to make a perfect job materialize for you. Ommmmmmmmmmmmm

I noticed this very cool unusual mountain today while passing by the very tiny town of Kybrz California:

nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

AF Daily Tuesday 7/19

passed by yet another many miles of vineyards today in north Cali. being in wine country can be annoying at times. sign after sign reading 'free wine tasting' with big pictures of wine glasses etc. I've come to appreciate the beauty of the vineyards as a natural wonder, and not for the alcohol aspect. The vines certainly are beautiful glowing in the sunlight.
                there was a guy in the restaurant tonight that came in when I did. at first he was quite the elegant wine buff, taking tiny sips and speaking volumes about the characteristics. then about half way through my meal I noticed he was just quiet, in his own world gulping wine and slouching like he was really not having fun anymore. How interesting to find these mirrors around us (metaphorically speaking). They take me back and give me a shudder.

be well friends
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

AF Daily Tuesday 7/19

I think aliens carved that mountain Det :H

papmom - I sure hope you left a touch of Lavan-ittude on that VM
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF Daily Tuesday 7/19

Its late, but I had to pop in and say GET RID OF THE TOMATO HORNWORM PRONTO!!!

They will destroy a garden in no time! They can be hard buggers to see, but you best pick them off. The other option involves a chemical called SEVIN dust, and you don't want to use that in your organic garden I don't think.

They actually are kind cool to squish.:H:H And they eat more than just tomatoes.

Hope to have time to post tomorrow.

Goodnight.:h
                    The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

AF Daily Tuesday 7/19

Day 15

Hi all - I've read the past several days - am on the road this week and feel a little nervous checking out the site from the work laptop.

I successfully made it through 2 weekends, and the past 2 nights at the hotel bar/restaurant with my colleagues. I was so nervous heading down in the elevator - not sure if I could stick to my guns.

DG - thanks for the tip to "just think about ordering that first drink of Cranberry and Soda", and the future thinking/nerves actually went out of my mind.

Take care - will check in later tomorrow night .

Comment

AF Daily Tuesday 7/19

Doglvr-use the In-Private Browsing option in Explorer and don't forget to delete all history when you're done with your session. You should be fine. If your company is known for "spying" on employees, then use one of the PCs in the Business Center of your hotel.
                        New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Working...
                        X