Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Friday July 22

Still Plugging Along

Hi all - can't believe I made it. Flew back from Boston last nite - and worked all day - thinking I would meet up with friends at 5, but, just like last weekend, I worked until 9:30!! It's crazy how productive I can be when noone else is in the office! I haven't started taking any of the supplements - so I am definitely starting that tomorrow - my cravings have been so strong in the mid-afternoon time.

DG - Ditto on your favorite things about weekends now. Although I didn't do a great job navigating my hotel room this week - ran into the corner of the bed and it looks like it tried to take a bite out of me!
    Congratulations on the closing - what a fun (ahem) project to be starting.

Mom of 3 - Safe travels on your drive to NC - hopefully it's cooler in the mountains.

LVT - I'm sorry about what you're dealing with re: your husband - its awful when you can't connect.

IJM - Love your quotes. I wish I could have the hair salon be in my plans - but they always offer me something to drink when I go - and the lure of wine there is so tempting.

Det - sux about the broken windshield; and I'm jealous that you can prepare curries with stuff in your yard!!

Hi to Kaslo, Jenny, Lav, Grateful, Uni and anyone else I missed.

Have a great weekend - I hope to do a 5k race in the crazy DC heat tomorrow nite. Hopefully it won't be 100 degrees anymore.

Comment

AF Daily - Friday July 22

Hi fABbies! It's 4AM on Saturday, so still feels like Friday in a way.

Doglvr, congrats on making it through your trip!!! I remember well the mid afternoon cravings for AL, and deal with that now on the sugar front. I suspect blood sugar issues. I am journaling now and am going to try to incorporate an appropriate snack BEFORE the cravings generally hit. I'm wondering if that would help for AL cravings too? I know the supplements sure helped me a lot! Still choke down that All One every day. Take care doing a 5K in this heat! :egad:

Det - I've never had food from the Phillipines. Sounds like a nice day!! How is Dx? Say hi from us OK?

Uni - I still want to come swimming with you. I hope you have a peaceful weekend of reflection and self care!!

Lav - I got an article linked in my e-mail yesterday that had some extrordinary number of things to do with zukes. I thought of you! I have yet to look at it.....

Grateful - I did very well maintaining my LC lifestyle and weight loss for just over a year. Then things started to unravel. I lost weight one other time on LC (while drinking) but that unraveled pretty fast (while drinking). Suprise suprise. Do you ever visit Low Carb Friends? I was just reading TaDa's weight loss story and it's quite inspiring. She talks about many of the same obstacles I seem to face - not drinking related. I'm going to keep plodding along because I know LC beats the alternatives for my health. Congrats on your AFness!!!!!!

Jenny, I like that you are puttin' on your running shoes! So good to see you.

Kaz - sounds nice that you are on a relaxed pace with your work on this trip! I hope you are enjoying your time at the camp and in the wilderness.

IJM - did you get another haircut last night?

Well, off to see if there is a daily thread for today. I doubt it! :H Maybe I'll start one!

DG
      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
      X