AF Daily-Sat July 23, 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all. Pap have a GREAT TIME! You are a fantastic person, with so much going for you. IJM, I dont know you very well yet, but I love your sense of humor. Loppy, I bet once you are in your seat you will pop awake like one of those old fashioned dolls with the eyeballs. Member those? M3 hope things are going well on your trip north. LV, I dont envy your position.
    I am now waiting in bush camp for the plane back down to Fort Nelson. The drive south to the northern city of Fort St John. Then back out in the bush from there. Then fly to Vancouver for two days. Then fly to Kelowna, then drive home.

Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Kaslo - I'm sort of like Beer - I'm an acquired taste!

Anywho - here is my weekend project... This will be pulled pork BBQ. It takes about 12 hours to smoke.

And for the techies in the crowd - here is my nifty new temperature monitor -

IJM

Comment

Wow IJM - you have the best toys :H
        My son is a big fan of pulled pork & goes through all that work too

Kaslo, you are one travelling lady - be safe

Just read on CNN that Amy Winehouse was found dead today. 27 years old & it's already over for her. What a shame & waht a lesson in the evils of addiction
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Just read the same. Rest in Peace AW. What a total shame. I heard her in the Okanaga, what a voice. So sad. So young.
          Kaslo

Comment

IJM is that a cardiac monitor on that hunk o beef? Lol!
            Kaslo

Comment

Hello friends,

Thanks so much for all the support and advice on my situation. Never fear about probing into my business, I appreciate all the input I can get. I know for a fact he is not to the point where he would even begin to get help for himself. He is a totally different person when he is sober. Mom3, I think you are right on the money with your diagnosis. He is more and more like his dad all the time. His dad was a wonderful man. An alcoholic, he quit drinking in his 60's became depressed and went on Ad's. My mil found him dead one morning in the shed--probably a heart attack. I told hubby this morning as he was complaining about the boys that he probably should have listened to his friends when they said I was not the one for him. His life would be a whole lot easier now. I'm not sure he got the point.
              I talked to a friend a little about it yesterday, and she said it is pretty common for boys to talk to their mothers more than dad. My plan was to force the boys and their dad to work these things out and leave me out for awhile. Sigh....

Lav-I'm sure glad I haven't ordered my chicks yet. Usually I get the broilers in April and they are in the freezer early June so I don't have to worry about the heat. I think we will have fall chicks this year. I got a really cool fan at Walmart, it is made for the outdoors and it has misters on it that you attach to a garden hose. It would work for a chicken coop too I think--but they are out of them now.

Pap--I felt anxiety from reading your post. I hate going to things out of obligation, but like you I've made the choice to attend some. And you know, it's never as bad as I anticipate, and sometimes it is quite enjoyable. It is also nice knowing there is no problem driving, and no worries about a wasted day from a hangover. And, yes, remember we will be there munching on popcorn!:l

IJM--what time is supper??? Pulled pork sounds delish! Hubby got a nice smoker for Christmas. I don't care for some smoked stuff that people get too smokey. He does a good job of limiting that. He made some awesome smoked salmon this spring.

Uni--great job on 50 days! Oh, how I wish we had a pool!!!!

Treya--deep breaths are always good! I have to remind myself to do that quite often!

Hi to everyone else! I am going to head out to the garden and do a little weed therapy. (not THAT kind of weed!!!) :H It really is sad to hear another celebrity losing their life so senseless!!! I hope kids are paying attention to the reality of drugs and alcohol!!!

Tomorrow is a big day--start of the county fair and our shooting sport competition. It will be fun and I love to see how the kids do. But I always get nervous about everything going smoothly since I am in charge.

Enjoy your soberly weekend all!:h
              The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Hi fABbies! Hey - where is the :crowned:? And did Marshy move to Greece permanently? (I hope her Mom is OK and her and XNGF are still basking in the sun)

LVT - it must be so hard what you are going through. Especially when he yells at your boys. LOL - Mr. Doggy yelled at my Beagle the other night. Even though my Beagle probably deserved it, he's getting really old and I am a protective Doggygirl! I can't imagine what that would feel like with actual human children. I hope the shoot out is lots of fun and goes off without a hitch! Wow. The dogs would have way too much fun with a water squirting outdoor fan....

What a tragic loss of life - Amy W. All the money and fame in the world can't buy sobriety or peace of mind. I hope there is a message in here for the young people of this generation. Makes me think of the rock stars of my (many of our) generation - Janis Joplin, Jimi, so many others.

IJM, I cheat and make pulled pork in the crock pot with liquid smoke. I bet you think that is disgusting! :H I liked the suggestion of putting your running shoes on today. Hope you od that. Your date with Mrs. sounds like it was nice last night! :h Won't ask if there was any ______________ involved because nobody around here ever likes to talk or joke about _________________.

Tavel safely Kaz!! You are on the road for a long one it seems.

Jenny! :yougo: So good to hear you are enjoying an unhung Saturday. Good for you!

CONGRATULATIONS ON 50 DAYS AF UNI!!!!!!

Treya - you are doing GREAT!!! That voice in your head is the same voice all of us have heard. That was such a shock for me to figure out! That everyone has that same voice that says those same things - and it's all lies for all of us. "No thanks" is the perfect response.

Hi mario!!!!!

M3 - hope the rest of your drive is peaceful today. "Cool" sounds so heavenly!

Loppy - hope you are able to stay awake as needed! (I'm hoping to sleep through a lot of this house fixer upper thing. Like today for example...)

Yes, where IS Bear? Keeping track of this group is like herding kittens..... Come out come out wherever you are bear, and all other MIA's who have not checked in today! :b&d:

My agreement with Mr. Doggy is that I am not obligated to help with any of the messy work of fixing upping. The ONLY job I committed to do is the book keeping, and "clean" errand running. So far, I am holding up my end of the bargain! :H

One thing is for sure..

DG
                Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Pulled pork in the crock pot (without the liquid smoke) is actually pretty good

I nominate a Piggy Swissy I know to take over the herding resposibilities around here :H
                  Maxie is very good at returning chickens to their yard (when someone like a YB forgets to close the gate). She just picks them up & walks them right back in - unhurt

Heard from YB today. His MRI shows herniated lumbar discs, degenerative disc disease, etc. So he's lined himself up for a series of injections (steroids & pain meds) directly into the spinal canal & some PT. Wishing him the best of luck with that

How do the dogs know it's dinner time....I hate being stared at :H
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                  X