Jaunty July - Week 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jaunty July - Week 4

August names - AF August, August Abstainers, August Avengers, August Angels, August Aviators, August Appreciators, August Antics...... Get your thinking caps on guys
    "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
    AF - JAN 1st 2010
    NF - May 1996

Comment

Jaunty July - Week 4

Good morning to all. It is storming here, it woke me up, all the thunder and lightening. I love a good storm!!

I like August Avengers for some reason, what does everybody else think? I think it sounds like an action movie!!!

Chill, I find that 8 year olds are so delightful and usually like to draw.....crayons, markers, some paper could be a fun thing to mess around with with kids. I love to ask them about favorites, TV show, food, color, animal, friend, sport, stuff like that. I was just thinking about ice breakers as you said you don't have alot of experience around the little ones. I do and they usually like me, keep it simple and casual, not focusing on him but being available. Does that make sense or was it too bossy? It is never my intention to offend. Also, my experience with that age group is that they can like to help, with a snack preparation or pet duty, for instance. Then lots of, " I really like the way you....., or "I really appreciated it when you....." I wish I had a little kid in my life right now, to visit of course, not to live with!

LBH, thanks for the political comments, I too have to watch out so I don't stress out about it too much. Right now it is so serious and could have immediate effects on our lives. The other day I had to turn off NPR on the way to work, I just could not listen to it anymore. Good to hear you are in a peaceful place right now.

Papmom, you have been treated pretty disrespectfully regarding that job opportunity. I recently had a chance to teach a class and set up a phone appointment. The professor did not call me at the set time and I was surprised as I expected more. I assumed (my mistake) that she would respect my time, etc. Anyway, she called later, leaving me a message, and I did not call her back, then when she did reach me, I turned down her offer. I just do not want to be in a situation with someone who does not value me or my time. Is that overreacting? My experience is that it takes two minutes to call someone and leave them a message. It is a bad omen in the beginning of a relationship to be treated like that. Where is the honeymoon period? Some new opportunity is out there for you, it will happen, keep on looking.

My son is supposed to be moving out of where he has been staying to a permanent address with a roommate. Yayyyyy. Let's hope it goes through today and he continues to be a grown-up. I have been keeping my distance as I don't want anymore drama. It is peaceful and clean at my home and I love it.

Rusty, it is scary about death from addiction and the gradual, sometimes not so gradual breakdown of the body. It is so hard to make changes whe you are in the middle of it. To health and AFness.

SD, Lav, and all, have a great Friday, AF.
      Formerly known as redhibiscus

Comment

Jaunty July - Week 4

Star - Great advice, thank you. To be interested but not focused on him sounds just right to me. We are going to a lovely country Inn for dinner tonight and I love the idea of asking him about his favorite things.

All in all its going to be a bit of a challenging weekend for me. On Saturday MrB is hosting a dinner party for some friends he wants to introduce me to, one of the couples are staying over. I will be the only non drinker. On Sunday his Parents are coming over to visit their Grandson, Im not sure yet whether he expects me to meet them. Anyway nothing a Chillgirl cant handle I love being faced with new situations to deal with, the new me refuses to get ruffled by the "small stuff" I have come too far and gone through too much for that.

Star - Im praying you Son moves on asap with minimum fuss, keep breathing and counting to 10.

Papmom - How lovely it would be to have all my monthly abbers as my bridesmaids!
        "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
        AF - JAN 1st 2010
        NF - May 1996

Comment

Jaunty July - Week 4

Good morning Jauntering ones!

Hot, humid, hazy & just generally yucky here with zero relief in sight
          I think I've had just about enough summer but I suppose I should be careful what I wish for

Star, I agree with you - people shoul be more respectful of others both in business & personal situations. I'm dealing with yet another situation with my spouse who continues to break promises & cause me more stress. When does it stop?

OK, not going to dwell onmy BS here.
          Wishing everyone a good AF Friday!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Jaunty July - Week 4

crossed post Lav - send me some hot and humid and you can have some very cool Scottish air!
            AF - JAN 1st 2010
            NF - May 1996

Comment

Jaunty July - Week 4

Cool, cloudy and breezy in NM this morning, threatening rain. Finally the desert monsoons seem to be here at last, though not much rain yet.
              My two younger sons arrived last night from California, so full of energy after driving all day. Ah to have some of that 20 something energy. They will be here for a long weekend. I envy parents whose children have stayed close to home. Like you, Lav. I'm still waiting for some grandbabies.

Chill, Good luck this weekend. Sounds busy and maybe a little trying. You've got a lot of sobriety under your belt though. You're well padded so to speak.

Morning Star, see that you are still the early riser of the thread. What good advice you gave Chill about interacting with an 8 year old.

Hugs for everyone today. Later, S.

Comment

Jaunty July - Week 4

My vote: August Angels.

Heading out in an hour for the trial up in Maine. I can't beleive how packed the OB is for 3 lousy days!! We'll have fun tho and then summer holiday next week. Another staycation tho and I'll probably end up working from home during part of it as my deadline is in 3 weeks and the numbers keep increasing, not slowing down. Grrrrr.

I'll be able to read the posts but it's hard typing on my EVO so I probably won't post until I get back.

:l
                New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Jaunty July - Week 4

G'day all,

Just a quick drop in.

Congratulations to all the AFer's. Huge stuff!

Keep it going and all the best. G.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Jaunty July - Week 4

Chill,
                    I'd be happy to send you ALL of this excessive heat & humidity - my hair looks like hell :H

Shelley, enjoy those sons of yours. The babies will come & you'll love that too

papmom, hope your weekend in Maine is awesome & cool too

Hello Mr G - great to see you!

OK, must run to the PO & drugstore.
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Jaunty July - Week 4

Hmmm,

Thinking about Dewdrop, Jolie & the hard working Cassia. Who else is missing? Rusty?
                      Rustop is in vacation, right?
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Jaunty July - Week 4

Don?t wilt or frizz too far in the heat, Nurse Lav. In the humidity if I don?t braid my hair I look like a dandelion about to poof off a long halo of seeds. I am sorry your husband continues to do unhappy things, there is so much more to live for.

I don?t think I told you Rusty how funny I thought your real life blond joke was. I starred in my own once when I attempted repeatedly to open an iron gate. The gate it seems was broken and so the fence had been completely taken down right next to it. Strangers laughed at the goofy blond. I took a long bow.

Goodnight all. Your pictures were lovely, Pappy; enjoy your family, Shelley; so glad you are here SD; and I trust your evening was most intriguing Chill. Love, Ladybird.
                        may we be well

Comment

Jaunty July - Week 4

Good morning all, perfect weather here right now, a beautiful dawn. It will get hotter later but I don't mind, I have Air!!!

My son's move was successful, just pray he can make it financially with enough hours and good choices. He is so fearful, it makes me sad. However, it is a nice place and a new experience for him, which he needs.

Chill, sounds like a fun, challenging weekend. I know you will do great. It is interesting to me, most people may drink, but usually only A drink, and then they stop. Unless they are partiers, they probably not a good idea to spend a lot of time with them.

Pap, have fun this weekend.

LBH, nice to hear from you.

Lav, have a sweet weekend, stay cool.
                          To all, keep busy and AF. :_)
                          Formerly known as redhibiscus

Comment

Jaunty July - Week 4

Good Saturday Morning Friends!

I have the next 9 days off....it's my choice. I am taking a REAL vacation....at home.

I must share a story with all of you....when I was home on Thursday, I stopped at our local gas station to get a sandwich when a salesman in a minivan backed straight into my new car. I was not that upset because I saw it happen, and it was his fault, and being AF, I could remain calm. The guy was a complete jerk, though....he very casually said as he got out of his vehicle, "I think I hit something....then proceeded to tell me that it was just a minor scrape and it could be buffed out." When I got home, I started to get really angry because of course I'll have to rent a car while mine is fixed, etc. and this is a real inconvenience for me, but I'll tell you what...I did not even think about drinking over it! :-) I know I'm patting myself on the back but I just wanted to share this with you. This is my safe place when it comes to AL.:l

Chill-I hope the weekend with the Bee family is everything you want it to be. I'm sure his parents will love you, too.

Star-I hope the move with your son goes well....maybe the situation will help him mature. Good for you for sticking to your guns. I'm proud of you, as always.

LBH, I cracked up when I read about your hair looking like a dandelion ready to poof off a long halo of seeds. :HI'm sure it's not that bad. Please post a pic so I may verify this event really happens.:H

Lav-I am so sorry that the saga with YB is a continuous string of disappointments and hurt for you.:l I wish we could all come and visit to cheer you up. Tell him to clean up his act or he may find himself precariously stuck in the weaving machine.

Shelley-have fun with your family. You sure have done a great job with your boys. Are you coming back to Indiana in August?

Pap-have fun this weekend. I saw a woman with a pap pup this week and I thought of you.

I have a fun day planned....it's beautiful here....a run along the lake path, a good workout, a swim in the lake and the pool....then I'm going to get a new hairstyle. I may also go to the Steak and Lobster boil at the lakefront.

A shout out to Dew, SD, Cassia, and anyone I may have missed...have a great AF Saturday!

Comment

Jaunty July - Week 4

Well done Rusty! It's amazing how much better and clearer we can deal with awful situations without the evil booze!

So, just a quick check in from me. The next time you hear from me, I will be in my new apartment!!! Woohoo. Am very excited! Going to be a hard day but totally worth it. X
                              'Breakfast, every hour, it could save the world.' Tori Amos

"Turn a stumbling block into a stepping stone."

AF since 23rd December 2010 - progession is paramount! :truce:

"don't be sad because it's over, smile because it happened!"

Comment

Jaunty July - Week 4

Good morning Jaunters!

Yep, heatwave #6 is here
                                I was not kidding about the frizzy hair thing - it's nasty :H
                                Plan for the weekend is minimal time outdoors & not much else. Will see what develops!

Hello to LBH (my frizzy-headed friend), Star, Rusty, chill,Cassia, SD, Shelley & everyone!

Rusty, I've been working very hard on detatchment which is a good thing! I am not getting personally rattled over everyday events Of course I still get PO'd when people act like idiots but I'm learning to let it go!

Happy moving Cassia

Wishing everyone a great AF Saturday!

Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                                X