Alcohol and Breast Cancer

Thinking of you today AFM :l
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi again,

I saw the surgeon yesterday. She wants to do a core biopsy for starters. This will prevent me from having two surgeries if a lumpectomy and a lymph dissection proves of cancer spreading. Which will result in a complete mastectomy.

I don't really understand all of the medical terminology, etc.... so waiting for a call from her office to have this procedure done in the hospital.

She did say that with the size of the tumor, chemo will be in the treatment for certain.

I am doing OK. Anxiety high at times, but trying to remain positive and keep busy. So many appointments! I slept in today until 7am and fell asleep at 10pm last night. Nice sound sleep.

Feel good today and will be hanging around home catching up on stuff, while waiting for that phone call.

Love you all. Thanks for being here for me!!!

Comment

Good to hear all that AFM!

Just remember we are all thinking of you
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AFM-how did the appt go yesterday? Thinking of you!!
          New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Xpost AFM!! Keeping fingers crossed the biopsy will show no spreading and you can have a lumpectomy instead? If not, we'll be here for you as you undergo the mascectomy. Hang in there!
            :h
            New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Hi there AFM - Core Biopsy is really simple - so hopefully that is all you have to have !!! I am so sorry to hear that you have to have chemo though. Been there. Please - Pm me if you need stuff answered that you don't understand and if I can help I will. Two books that I really found helpful - although the titles are off-putting - the Idiots guide to BC and the Dummies guide - really excellent and explained a LOT to me. thinking of you and sending hugs :l

Love, Sun XX
              How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

AFM: My daughter unfortunately went through the lumpectomy & subsequent mastectomy, then another surgery around the originial lump just to get all the stray cancer cells out. She took it one thing at a time. As I said in a previous post, she went back to teaching a mere 2 months after the double mast. She seemed fine...her school system was wonderful providing substitutes at a moment's notice. I honestly don't think the appointments, surgeries, etc. effected her performance. The students' parents were supportive & gave her positive feedback. Life goes on!

Though I know you must have your moments, you sound remarkably grounded. Yes, express your emotions & ask for help/support. However, you can also go about your life as usual. One year from now will be an entirely different story. Patty just came back from a wonderful weekend w/her hubbie sans kids & dog (they were w/us). It's a whole new life this year.

Take care of yourself as best you can.

Mary
                Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                October 3, 2012

Comment

AFM, I'm glad things are moving along with your medical team. One day at a time and this will all be in the past before you know it. :l

DG
                  Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                  Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Hi AFM
                    Hang in there my dear friend, you are dealing with all this so well. Yes, you will have your moments, but hey, that's normal. You are a very brave person and I am going to be there all the way, as will everyone else on this site. So come here and vent, scream and kick if you like, whatever, it doesn't matter - just relax and things will all fall into place. I know that is easy for someone to say that is not going through what you are at the moment, but try and escape to your happy place, like I said before, mine is a house, I've built and decorated to just how I want it in my mind's eye and I keep adding to it. But it may be a picture in your mind that you can escape to, like for instance a happy and fabulous place you have visited in the past, or would like to visit in the future, say a fabulous resort, or a beautiful beach where you lay on a lazy boy and sip a cool drink, or sit on a beach and feel the warm water lap at your feet while the warm sun makes you feel warm, relaxed and content, there are a myriad of things that you can visit in your mind and immerse yourself in, just pick something that makes you feel good, relaxed, carefree and of course cared for. I believe so much in mind visualisation, I really hope it works for you and at least eases the pressure and burden of life at the moment. Take care dear friend, we are all there for you. Love and Sunshine Always Kaza x
                    Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day. ~Quoted in P.S. I Love You, compiled by H. Jackson Brown, Jr:l:l

Comment

AFM: There is a lot of good reading out there regarding breast cancer, but my daughter didn't go overboard w/it. I actually read more than she did, mainly because I'm retired & her life is much busier. Also, I don't think she wanted to flood herself w/too much on the eve of surgery. Remember that all you have is today. This thread has been wonderful in its supportiveness & wisdom. Take care. Mary
                      October 3, 2012

Comment

AFM: I hope all is well. Mary
                        October 3, 2012

Comment

AFM,

I am very sorry I did not see your thread earlier. Here is something just for you:

Fuck Cancer Gifts, T-Shirts, Stickers, & More - CafePress

Love and prayers for your health and peace.

xo

Also, check out the following:
                          About Kris | Crazy Sexy Life

She wrote a book called Crazy Sexy Cancer that I read even not having cancer and really enjoyed. I think you and the author have a similar spirit! - and one that I admire.

Comment

AFM: Isn't your surgery on Sept. 1? I'll be praying for you. My daughter only had 2 days in the hosp: 1 for the surgery, 1 for recuperation, & out the following morning. She took X-strength Tylenol instead of all the narcotics the doc prescribed, & they worked fine wo/side effects. I stayed w/her the following week. She wasn't bed-ridden...just laid around of the couch a lot receiving visitors. Keep your chin up. Mary
                            October 3, 2012

Comment

How are you doing AFM? Just thining of you.

DG
                              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                              Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Hi there!

Geesh, thanks for thinking of me. I just love you guys.

Lucky, I read that book!!!! It was so inspirational and really lifted me up! I didn't want to read things that would bring me down and I found Kris' book really awesome. I was at the library and came across it and almost read the whole thing just standing there! I certainly did get a few chuckles from it.

My surgery is in 3 more days. On Thursday, the 1st of September. I am feeling really good about it. Not scared, simply happy to be rid of it. I am only in for 1 night if all goes well. They say that I will awake with a blue tinge to my skin from the dye they inject. I am glad they forewarned me!! That would have been scary. Plus the blue pee would of scared the bejeezus out of me.

My girls and I went away for 3 days this weekend to Harrison Hotsprings and spent a huge amount of time on a family member's boat. It was so nice. Just got back this morning (catching the 5:15am ferry back to the Island). I am tired, but feel refreshed spiritually, and am ready to fight this fucking thing.

Much love to you all!!! xoxo

Comment

Working...
                                X