Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alcohol and Breast Cancer

AFM,

Was thinking about you today so wanted to check in for an update. My GF had breast cancer and during the reconstruction they tatooed on the aerola. Did you know they did that? They took her nipple and had it hosting off of her leg so that they could use it. Modern day medicine is so fascinating!

Wish I lived close to you to take you to your next appt. We will all be with you in spirit!

Health and happiness,
    lucky

xo

Comment

lucky 2.0;1174015 wrote: AFM,

Was thinking about you today so wanted to check in for an update. My GF had breast cancer and during the reconstruction they tatooed on the aerola. Did you know they did that? They took her nipple and had it hosting off of her leg so that they could use it. Modern day medicine is so fascinating!

Wish I lived close to you to take you to your next appt. We will all be with you in spirit!

Health and happiness,
      lucky

xo
      Geesh, I wish you were closer lucky!!! I would love for you to come to my next appointment, tomorrow!!

Modern medicine is something else, for sure! I was searching for my nipple on my body, but I guess they decided to discard it. :H I guess they will have to tattoo me one down the road. (which is bizarre!)

I was thinking last night, that if they did a double mastectomy, I could play a 'man' for a while! (I am insane, this I know... but I had a good laugh!!)

DG, I cannot wait to get my softie! I have been rolling up a pair of socks to stuff my bra. And it is a bit on the lumpy side.

All, in all, I am having some good laughs. It helps having a couple of great friends to laugh with you.

I will be in touch tomorrow, with what the surgeon says. I pray that the sentinel lymph node dissection proves that the cancer did not spread and we can be done with this. BUT, if chemo is in my future, then so be it.

Much love to you all!! xoxo Gotta run and get Little AFM ready for her first day of Grade 1! I remember when I first joined this wonderful group. She wasn't even a year old yet!!! How time flies!!

Comment

AFM,

Looking forward to your update after your visit to doc today.

xo

Comment

Thinking of you AFM! You are one tough cookie!
          Nov 1 2006 avg 100 - 120 drinks/week
          April 29 2011 TSM avg 70 - 80/wk
          wks* 1- 6: 256/1AF (avg 42.6/wk)
          wks* 7-12: 229/3AF (avg 38.1/wk)
          wks 13-18: 192/5AF (avg 32.0/wk)
          wks 19-24: 176/1AF (avg 29.3/wk)
          wks 25-30: 154/10AF (avg 25.6/wk)
          wks 31-36: 30/37AF (avg 5/wk )

I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday.
          http://www.thesinclairmethod.net/community/

Comment

AFM, just saw this now. You are so strong and you're in my thoughts getting through this.

Much love and admiration,

Hilary
            Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Thinking of you AFM:heartsnflowers:
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Thinking of you.

Love,
                Cindi
                AF April 9, 2016

Comment

My dear friends,

I have a wonderful freind who was diagnosed with level 3 breast cancer and surived.

However, what AFM is going through now is tough. TOUGH.

Let us just keep the candles burning and cheer her on as she is puking in the toilet and hair is falling out around her.

I am here. We are here.

We love you and care.

Cindi
                  AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Thinking of you AFM! Hope all is going well at your appointment.

DG
                    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Hi AFM-I'm so glad to hear your surgery went so well and that you are recovering so nicely. I echo everyone's sentiments about how strong you are! I don't know that I would have your grace in this situation.

I hope you got good news from the surgeon today and that you can forego the chemo. But if not, please know we are here for you and will support you as best we can from cyberspace.

Big hugs coming your way. :l :l
                      New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

:lThnking of you AFM and sending you lots of big :l:l:l:l:l
                        AF Since April 20, 2008
                        4 Years!!!
                        :lilheart:

Comment

Thinking of you too!!! Cyber hugs!:l:l:l:h:h
                          The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Hi friends!

My appointment yesterday was good. She took out all 49 staples (and I didn't feel a thing!!! still numb there) and the drain. So, I feel free............ thank God!! I have steri strips for reinforcement, but getting the hardware out is a relief.

My pathology report was not in yet. It was a long weekend here, so she said she would call me today, if it comes in or on Monday. Then we go from there with the Cancer Clinic to determine the next step.

I also, am going to go back to work part time next week. I was offered a job at our local SPCA the day I was diagnosed with the cancer on July 26th, and thought that they would just say bye-bye! But, the lady that hired me said that her mom and sister went through the same thing, and offered me the job anyway, and to come when I am feeling better. She said that while I am going through chemo, I can come as often as I want as it is good therapy. Talk about awesome!! So, when I got the clear from my surgeon yesterday to resume working (not strenuous stuff) I called Jean right away!! Tee hee!!

I am so blessed in this life regardless of this last year with my dad and myself. Life is good

Thanks for all your hugs, and words of support. I will update you when I know more. For now, I feel so good and am looking forward to a shower without having to wrap myself up in saran wrap!!!!

xoxo

Comment

Wonderful, AFM!! You positive attitude is contaigous and such a gift in that way. Your sharing your experience in this way is really appreciated! :l
                              sigpic
                              Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Wow, I love the story about the woman who hired you at the SPCA. So courageous of you to be "out there" with what's going on with you. And, her response was fantastic. So many kind people in the world. Reminds me that all I have to do is reach out.

All the best to you AFM. Keep us posted. I so admire your courage and humor.
                                M3:h
                                AF Since April 20, 2008
                                4 Years!!!
                                :lilheart:

Comment

Working...
                                X