Alcohol and Breast Cancer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi AFM! It's so good to see you. Just wanted to tell you HOW MUCH YOU JUST ROCK!!! You are an inspiration to me. Good luck with your move! And many hugs to you and little AFM. Can't wait for the piccy of you in that T-shirt!

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Thanks DG! I am trying my bestest to be as positive as I can be. I have learned so much about myself this year!

Life is way to short to dwell on the past, and to drink away my 'issues'.

Sometimes I think Cancer has been the best thing that ever happened to me..... I take time and really appreciate the little things in life. I live in the moment now. Not the past, and don't think too, too, much of the future at the moment.

Gotta run... much love to you all! xo

Comment

Accountable for Me;1192490 wrote: I take time and really appreciate the little things in life. I live in the moment now. Not the past, and don't think too, too, much of the future at the moment.
        It is such a gift to be able to experience life in that way. I'm very happy for you!!!

DG
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

AFM - I just saw this thread and wanted to send my support. And, just so ya know, every charitable dime I spend goes to something that will help animals.

I know several people who have had cancer, gone through the chemo, radiation, etc. and are doing fabulously - many years later.

Love, hugs and support to you!

Comment

Hi AFM,

Thinking of you and sending you :l:heart:
            M3
            AF Since April 20, 2008
            4 Years!!!
            :lilheart:

Comment

Accountable for Me;1192490 wrote:

Sometimes I think Cancer has been the best thing that ever happened to me..... I take time and really appreciate the little things in life. I live in the moment now. Not the past, and don't think too, too, much of the future at the moment.

Gotta run... much love to you all! xo
              Hiya AFM. A friend of mine said exactly the same thing about her cancer, it made her appreciate so much more. As a result she is much happier. They say that we are never given any more than we can cope with, and I think that is true. Your strength and dignity is admirable and I wish you all the happiness that life can throw at you :l
              Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
              Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

AFM, I recently read that a crisis serves as a door of opportunity. You've really taken that opportunity to expand yourself. And many, many thanks for sharing this experience - can you even begin to imagine the ripple effect of heart opening expansion to all who are watching? You make such a wonderful difference in the world! :l
                sigpic
                Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

AFM - how are you doing?
                  sigpic
                  AF since December 22nd 2008
                  Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Hi all! I am doing OK. I moved a week ago and feeling settled! Sleeping really well.

I have an appointment with the Cancer Agency on Tuesday to meet with my shrink. Then I am going wig shopping there seeing I am starting my new chemo treatment later this week. I meet with the oncologist at my local hospital on Wednesday. Weeeeeeeeeeeee!

I am having some anxiety. But, I will persevere. Have to, I guess.

Love you all, and I will keep ya posted!!!!! (bye, bye, beautiful hair!)

Comment

AFM, just thinking of you and sending you positive healing vibes.:l

Comment

I've only just seen this post, I had lumpectomy, chemo & radiotherapy for breast cancer about 18 months ago. We don't know each other but feel free to pm me at any time if you need to let off steam. I know exactly what you mean. Cancer gave me a whole new way of looking at life, I don't want to waste another second.
                        AL free since 24 October 2011

Comment

AFM, I really admire your courage through this! I hope all goes well with the start of your new chemo. Will be thinking of you this week!

DG
                          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh............... how lucky am I to have all of you and your support and love?!?!?! I feel so blessed to have you all care about me and how I am doing!! Makes me feel so truly blessed!!!

I am kind of excited about going wig shopping lol! Might get a new 'do' that is better than my current 'do'. hahaha.......... And if my eyelashes fall out, there are TONS of cool & fancy ones I can glue on! It's kind of like going out in a disguise for a while! Plus I hear that a lot of people's hair grow back in thicker. WELL, Hallelujah!!! I have always wanted thicker hair. Mine is so fine and straight! tee hee!

I went out with a friend today and our kids to a corn maze. That was tres cool. It is nice to go out and do things and not think about being 'sick' so to speak. Just a normal day. I love my friend dearly and she has been so good at keeping me upbeat and 'forgetting' this shit for a while.

You guys are so wonderful. I just want to thank you all so much for everything!!! I am truly, truly, blessed to have you all in my life. xoxo

Comment

Loving your attitude AFM, you are a STAR!
                              My friends hair grew back thicker and wavier and she was delighted! She also LOVED her wigs, she even vowed to continue wearing them when her hair grew back as she never had a "bad hair day" with them on.
                              Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                              Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

AFM: Yesterday I walked in a benefit supporting local breast cancer agencies/hospitals. There were at least 5000 people there. My daughter formed a team for the walk of her main support people. It was emotional but very uplifting. Right before the walk took place, there was a group picture of all the breast cancer survivors in attendance. Wow! Was that ever emotional...women of all ages & races & in all stages of treatment. For us loved ones standing on the sidelines, it was a very emotional moment. I commend you for your courage. You'll get past all this. Love, Mary
                                Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                                October 3, 2012

Comment

Working...
                                X