AF Daily Monday 8/1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily Monday 8/1

Ditto what Det said. Warming up prior to stretching is a major requirement!! Way back when when I first started to exercise, the conventional wisdom was to stretch BEFORE working out but now we know that this could be dangerous.

Agree with you on nutrition and children to Det. Most of the info out there is trash and I do my own research and it's very accessible. It's the lobbyist who push alot of this crap though, e.g., cows milk is good for children. NOT!

Hi IJM. I think you were out of sorts because I did not pick you up to go to the beach.....Sorry:H
    AF Since April 20, 2008
    4 Years!!!
    :lilheart:

Comment

AF Daily Monday 8/1

I have lots of ripe tomatoes DG if you need some.....
      I have to agree, I'll probably stick around here with you guys for quite some time to come

Hello to AA & Deter

EB was here for a quick lunch with his Mom & little brother. He offered me a hug & a kiss without being asked.......how did he know I needed that? I stitched up a blue baseball cap with a chicken on it for him at his request :H
      I need to reorder youth sized caps so I can keep up with his requests.:H

The big, dark clouds moved in, the thunder rumbled in the distance but no rain
      What a summer!!!
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF Daily Monday 8/1

Hi all. I've probably mentioned on here a bunch of times that our old beagle has been going downhill fast lately. I had to take him to the vet today and it was clear that his time to lead a quality life was over. So we went ahead and put him to sleep. He died in my arms. I am incredibly sad and also very grateful that this time saying goodbye to one of my best friends, I am clear headed and not clouding my sadness with the insanity of AL.

RIP Little Buck.

DG
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

AF Daily Monday 8/1

OH DG-I'm so sorry!! I did see your post on Sat or yesterday about the distended belly and that you were going to fast him to see if it helped. I'm so sorry it didn't turn out to be the good result you had hoped for. I do know however that he couldn't have asked for a better mom than you and I know he felt loved and lived a great life with you and Mr. Doggie. He's at the Bridge now frolicking like a puppy again painfree. He'll always be with you. I hope your memories will help you through the sadness. RIP Beagle boy.
          Hugs,
          Papmom and da boyz
          New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

AF Daily Monday 8/1

Aww, DG.. I'm terribly sorry to hear this. But at the same time, I'm very glad that we are able to help our furry friends transition on when, as you say, it's clear that their time to lead a quality life is over. I think they know and are grateful. :l
            sigpic
            Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

AF Daily Monday 8/1

I'm baaaccckkk!

Had a great and very successful weekend in Maine. We Q'd and placed 1st in 4 out of 5 runs plus got our Level One title (complete with a special Pink Ribbon!!). Our 5th run we disqualified. DD flew off the teeter and the A-frame-totally my fault and so very relieved he didn't kill himself. I went into this trial with 2 goals-get the Level One title and Q in our first Level 2 standard run. Met both goals. Ironically I also won my first volunteer raffle and in the basket was a T-Shirt that says "My Dog Can Fly..." Oh yes he can :H !!

Although I have no idea how I will make ends meet for the month of august after spending over $200 on the motel (very nice btw-outdated but spacious and clean with a nice big green area to walk the dogs and only 10 min from the venue), I'm glad I went. The venue was awesome-fairgrounds that included a huge covered area that was big enough to set up 2 rings making everything go so much faster. Although the weather was hot, in the shade and under the covered area it was cool with a great breeze. My boys were comfy and cool under the sunshade I put over the OB and with their crate fans on and all the window/hatch open. Still, I was very envious of my friend's tiny travel trailer with the roof top AC unit. Luckily I set up right across the drive from her and was able to go inside on a regular basis and cool off. My next trailer will definitely have an AC unit of some kind installed (yep, I'm selling the Paphut for sure now) and will be small enough for the OB to tow-probably going back to my original thought of a teardrop trailer.
              I don't know if it was the heat or all the running around I did on Saturday (3 runs plus leash running as a volunteer) but I was in severe pain Saturday nite and could hardly sleep. It was all over joint and muscle pain, not anything specific that I could have done. I must have drank 2 gallons of water too but still it could have been some dehydration. I really don't ever want to feel that again so I'm with DG-time to work on my flexibility and strength and stop being a couch potato. I also know for sure that AL would have made it all 10X worse so I'm very grateful for being AF now.

Not much else to say as all i did all weekend was agility and although I could talk about that for hours, I'm sure the rest of you don't share my enthusiasm :H. Looking forward to being off this week. Will try to stay cool but also get some of my projects done (painting bedroom and painting Paphut's cabinets doors and looking into a refi for the house).

Glad to be back.
              New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

AF Daily Monday 8/1

DG, sorry to hear about Buck :l They are such good friends & a big part of the family :l
                I know it won't be too long before I'm dealing with the same thing here.

Welcome back papmom
                You had a great weekend, good for you!
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF Daily Monday 8/1

DG, I am so sorry to hear about Buck. The same exact thing happened to me with our 12 year old Cocker Spaniel a few years ago ? down to the last minutes at the vet. I actually broke down in front of the vet when it was over. It was one of the toughest things I have been through so I can totally relate. These guys come into our lives and instantly become very close friends. I really wish I had the magic words to make you feel better. I think Pap?s description is spot on and exactly what is going on now. From your previous posts it sounds like he had the life of leisure at the DG household.

As you know, we now have four Brittany Spaniels. They are hyper and our house is in constant turmoil. I can?t even roll over in bed because three of the four sleep at the foot of the bed on my feet and legs! Several times I complain about all the uproar they cause in our house and Mrs. IJM says ?OK, pick out the one?s you want to get rid of?.? That usually shuts me up for a few weeks? In case I didn?t say this in earlier posts ? we had two Brittany Spaniels and someone dropped two more pups in our front yard. I told Mrs. IJM and the boys that there was NO WAY we were keeping these and having four dogs. I left to go somewhere and when I came home they all had collars and names! Shows you how much authority I have in my abode.

Pap ? great news on the dog show! Have you ever tried to train a Brittany? My oldest one and I flunked out of obedience school. The trainer said Brittany?s were very hyper, stubborn, and hard to train ? except to hunt.

M3 ? I waited and waited but you never showed up. I was at the foot of my driveway all weekend long with my packed suitcase!

One other DG shout out ? Thanks for your story about the person at the mission. It scared the crap out of me and I will keep it in mind during weak times. It is a reminder of how bad something can go if you let your guard down.

Have a great night everyone!
                  IJM

Comment

AF Daily Monday 8/1

Papmom, I'm now picturing your dog in a super hero outfit with a U on the front and a cape flapping in the breeze. (the Underdog outfit) congrats!

I had an amazingly good and inspiring time at the Weston A Price foundation presentation. I'm not alone! there are other nutrition nazis out there I tell ya. I'll just paint myself blue and yell 'foood freeeeeeedom!'

crap, I'm never going to get to sleep at this rate. hmmmmm
                    nosce te ipsum
                    (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                    X