Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello

My first post. I want to stop drinking vodka. Not having much luck, but not trying very hard either

Hello

Hi turize, and :welcome: to MWO. Read around the threads and post some to tell us a bit about yourself. You might like to read Roberta Jewel's book. You can download it from the Health Store at the top of this (or any) page. Many people here have stopped drinking and will be happy to share tips with you and help you with a plan - a plan is essential. Best to you!
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Hello

hi Turize, big welcome! coming here is an important step, congrats!

ditto the wise words of my green eyed friend
      nosce te ipsum
      (Know Thyself)

Comment

Hello

Hi Turize,

Welcome!!

M3
        AF Since April 20, 2008
        4 Years!!!
        :lilheart:

Comment

Hello

Turize: I wanted to stop drinking years & years ago, but I only did it in 2009. By then I had hit a bottom & wasn't functioning very well...I was quite sick. I ended up:
          -finding MWO & coming every day.
          -relapsed quite a few times.
          -joined AA.
          -finally got sober one day at a time.
          -really enjoy the sober life.

It isn't easy to stop in the beginning but well worth it. Good luck. Read here at MWO as much as possible...especially when you have the urge to drink.

Mary
          Wisdom, Courage, Strength
          October 3, 2012

Comment

Hello

Thank you all for responding. I wasn't expecting a reply. Tomorrow I go on vacation and I know I won't be able to drink for 3 days. That will be my start. I'm not looking to never have a drink again, but I know that may be the truth. I just want to not drink for 30 days..... to start. It's just too easy to give in.
            My will power sucks.

Comment

Hello

Hi turzie,

Welcome to MWO!

Don't depend on willpower ~ make a good plan. Look in the https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html for lots of great ideas!

Wishing you the best & let us know how you are doing. Please feel free to drop in the Newbies Nest thread in the Just Starting section for more support

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hello

Turize you've got to do more than just want it. Read, research, and make a plan. What tools are you going to use? What books are you going to read? Are you going to try hypnotherapy? Acupuncture? Supplements? Prescriptions meds? Support groups? Meditation? Read through the tool box and read what worked for others. Then make your plan. You can't just hope this will go away. Use your tools. Welcome to MWO.

Comment

Hello

Hi Turize - I hope you made it great on your vacation. It's awesome that you are going for the 30 day AF diet. I bet you'll be amazed by how good you feel in general. I know I have more success with ABS when I log in every day. I don't know if it's because I don't feel so alone in this struggle, or what. I know when I don't log in, and I get stressed from work, i have a worse chance of staying committed. You'll see that there really are a lot of people with all different types of relationships with AL. Looking forward to seeing you on the posts.

Comment

Working...
                  X