AF-DAILY Monday 15th of August 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good on you IJM for working with your doc and being totally honest with him. You are very correct in that any and all tools at your disposal must be used. Here's a great big :l just so you know that you might feel numb but we all still care loads about you and just want you to get well. :h
    New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Freaking Out

So I made it through the weekend again, flew north this am - just finished a nice dinner with colleagues - where I was the only one not drinking - no big deal - THEN I walk into my hotel room and there is a nice fruit and cheese plate with a bottle of Chardonnay on ice!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As a thank you for staying here so often. I can't believe this.

Comment

Way to go on another AF weekend doglvr! No problem on the wine. Simply pour it out! Don't want to open it? Stick it outside your door (or someone elses )
        sigpic
        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Kas - congratulations on the Half-Year mark :goodjob::goodjob:

Greenie - congrats on the remodel - isn't it just great to see it all finished?!

Hi to all else - will chk in tomorrow nite.

Comment

You tell em Papster. Wow. Wish I had the op to give my parent who drank and drove an earfull(past tense just doesnt have that je ne sais what ever does it??? )

Doglvr, yeah, maybe call the desk and get them to come up and get after telling them you are putting it out in the hall? Dont even go there darlin. I know how hard it is, travelling is such a bore a lot of the time that filling it with drinking is so tempting. However there are alternatives. Books, tv, the phonecall to a friend at home, yada yada.

I am in the Sylvia Hotel in English Bay Vancouver, and the sea gulls are crying, and I can hear the accordian being played down on the beach, some klezmer tune. German being spoken, then Spanish, Farsi, Persian, a lot of different Chinese dialects, some Japanese. Ah, Vancouver. In the taxi from the airport, i thought hmmm white wine would be nice with the salmon, but had freshly squeezed orange juice instead and watched someone about my age (29 of course) getting very silly at another table, but mainly just looked out over the Bay and saw the rowing sculls, and rollerbladers on the seawall. Its really odd to think that yesterday I was flying over the tundra 250 miles south of the Beaufort Sea and 500 miles north of Great Slave Lake.

IJM I sure hope you get relieve from your doldrums. I can tell you that after a half a year now, I am just hitting my stride, I feel pretty good most of the time, and the anger and depression and antisocial stuff is falling away.

Everyone else, love to you all. Must get to bed, its late for me now, I am used to getting up at 4 AM now.
            Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Papmom, I'd be honored to be your mentor as we walk together in the valley of sugary temptations.

Greeneyes, this is embarrassing but the master bath project that we started 5 years ago is still unfinished! that's right...we haven't taken a shower in our master bath in 5 freaking years. excuse me for a few moments while I go and scream into a pillow...

... ok then.

Kas, what a marvelous adventure, thanks again for sharing. I just love having all these fun personalities here. what a cool bunch of AFers we are.

IJM, I think what I'm taking (citalopram) is the same as lexapro. I too was at 20mg for quite some time then started breaking them in half about 1 1/2years ago and feel much better in general. I just feel more lively and 'myself'. also things in the bedroom are better now too (details classified). I'd encourage you to try the 10mg dose and see how goes. warning though: I tried to quit them altogether and had some really horrible mental issues with mood swings and other things I really can't properly describe. weird.

Doglover, please tell us you got rid of that bottle! for me it would be safer to give it away than to open it (to pour out) and risk the fleeting thought of taking a swig. hang tight!

Lav, I wish I could nap. for some reason I never could get used to napping. someday i'll figure it out.

ok, off to check chat. come and chat! it's fun.

xxxxx
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

thanks Deter! I downloaded his book onto my android phone last nite and read most of it last nite. Only $10 to download-bargain! I skipped over most of the scientific stuff as a lot of that is covered in his blog and podcasts but at least it's there to go back to if need be. It's going to be tough to get blood work done before the weekend as I changed insurances and haven't picked a new doctor yet-must do that today! but I've had so much done over the past year I'm sure I can use the latest (Feb and June) as baseline. Not sure I can get used to salmon or steak for breakfast tho! Egg-no problemo! Love them with lots of veggies and bacon.

Doglvr-hope you were able to resist temptation and got rid of the bottle. Just cuz it's offered doesn't mean we have to accept. There was beautiful fruit there as well, non?

Kas-glad to see you are back in civilization. Vancouver must be a gorgeous vibrant city without the "city" feel. Is that right? No wonder you're considering a move there. Safe travels home!!

OK off to find the tues thread.
                New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Working...
                X