Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF-DAILY AUGUST 20 Saturday

Mornin Dudes –

Everyone must be sleeping in from my 30 AF days party! It was a blast. Thanks for bringing the cake and non-alcoholic punch. Whoever here did the balloons did great. Just one questions – which one of you hired the stripper? I’d like to put in my order for the 60 day party – can this one be blond and wear a police woman costume! :happy: :happy: :happy: See we can have fun and leave AL standing outside!

Jeez – it is an absolutely beautiful day here in God’s country. I told you dudes that I made a list of things I wanted to accomplish this weekend. I am hoping my motivation is back. To help me keep motivated, I am going to pledge to post the results by Monday morning – I will tell you all if I made any progress or if I blew them off. Ok, that should really motivate me!

So, I have gone about a week on half the dose of Lexapro that I was taking – I can say that I actually feel better than I did. I am going to give it about 5 more days then I am going to half the half and see how it goes. ** Maybe now that AL is out of my life there is no need for an antidepressant! If I could just get my weight down and my BP back to something normal the only thing I would take in the morning is my vitamins.

Hope you all have a great day! I’ll swing by later to see what you all are up to.

IJM Thought of the day: Did Adam ever said to Eve, "Watch it! There are plenty more ribs where you came from!"

Take care,
    IJM

** I am doing under the consent and being closely monitored by my physician. Never try this without physician consent. Changing your dose on an SSRI up or down can be very dangerous!

I've been up for hours IJM - just too lazy to start the thread :H
    Glad you enjoyed your party
    I know a 58 year old, retired, overweight, hairy police officer for your next party - if you're interested :H :H

OK, I WILL finish painting my powder room today!
    Wishing everyone a great AF Saturday.

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Good morning Fabaloons. And how is everyone going this morning so far? Is it cooling off at night in your part of the country? It is here... not frost yet, but. IJM your 30 was close to my 7 month (cant count, think its a half year), so I was right there with you. LAv, good morning, laffs at your overweight hairy cop. I know a few of those two but I wouldnt want to dissapoint IJM, I think he has something else in mind.

Hi also to DG, Jenny, P3, M3, DGLVR, Deter, Marshy,Uni, Greenie, LVT and Grateful. Did I miss anyone?

Kayak, paint the front door, Kayak paint the front door.... which is it gonna be?
      Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Lol – and just so we are clear – Putting a blond wig on Det and hand cuffs on his belt doesn’t count! Just making that clear. Det, I’m sure you are a vision though!

Comment

a hem!

no, among the very many things I'm not adept at, I think stripper may top the list

about the closest may be this picture from just last week of me at a tactical training course:

that's my idea of getting dressed up actually that outfit costs a lot more than the suits I own. about $4,000.00 of gear in that one picture. yikes! it adds up fast.
          speaking of which...I'm off to the gunshow in a few minutes. i'll be meeting with a couple sword collectors/historians I've known for many years that are so cultured and interesting. also doing a warranty exchange on my night vision goggles. people tend to think of gunshows in very odd ways if all you know about them is what you see on the news. Guns and AL do NOT mix! a perfect sport for me.

what's everyone up to this weekend?

I finally got some sleep last night. wooooo hoooooo! so I'm ready for anything.

just glad to be home and AF, that's all I got to say about that.

be well everyone
          nosce te ipsum
          (Know Thyself)

Comment

OMG look at that gun!! Good thing you're NOT a stripper because getting out of that garb would take half a day! :H Gotta say, the scarf is a nice touch.

Spackle, sand, spackle, sand, spackle, sand
            repeat
            ugh

You collect swords, doncha det?
            sigpic
            Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

yes, mostly swords from Philippines (all islands), Indonesia (northwest Sumatra mostly) and a couple Burmese Naga pieces from the border with India

Good thing you're NOT a stripper because getting out of that garb would take half a day!

it's true! LOL
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Slap my face! I just had to laugh at the placement of that automatic rifle !!! :blush: I really need to get out more I think! Sorry Det couldn't help myself!

Kas-Kayak. that is all.

Greenie-ugh. Please come to my house when you're done.

IJM-how's that list coming?

This morning I cleaned out and washed the inside of my fridge in order to properly welcome my paleo inspired food from Trader Joe's (the farmer's market was a bust-should be better next week). I pretty much stayed within my $100 budget although went over by $4 with the Coconut Oil spray for cooking. Not bad. Will spend an hour or so tonite gathering paleo inspired recipes that are quick and easy. I'm still bummed about giving up my peanut butter and bagel with apple breakfasts. I did buy coconut flour but not sure how to make bagels with it!! Might be able to figure out how to make non yeast bread tho. We'll see. I didn't actually have to throw out too much this morning which was nice. My dry goods will be packed up and put away just in case this doesn't work out and I can't live without my whole wheat pasta and brown rice. Otherwise, it will go to the local food bank.

Now I must take advantage of the warm sunny afternoon and go hang my laundry.
                New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Nice pic Det!

I am so tired today I don't even have anything to say - the dog kept me up half the night and then with the sun all day I think I may just lie down and sleep until tomorrow. Oh yeah, I gotta cook dinner for the family. And then take the daughter to a dance tonight they are having at the park........uuuuuuuuuggggggghhhhhh.

OH well, life - how I did all this stuff when I was drinking I have no idea........

Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
                  :h

Comment

universal;1166331 wrote: how I did all this stuff when I was drinking I have no idea........
                    No shit! I don't think I'll ever stop being amazed at how I had time to drink.

P3 good job on the fridge! That must feel nice. Please come to my house now!

Got the vanity room primed but it brought up a couple wrinkles even with guardz on it. Grrrr.... This is the first time I ever used a paint roller. Cut away the carpet pad in the cat pee corners and primed the floor & baseboard with kilz. New life rule: no wallpaper. no cat.
                    sigpic
                    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

I think we can work a trade here Greenie-I'll clean out your fridge top to bottom if you'll paint my bathroom. Fall in New England (remember, the paphut is still available), winter in the south for me - whaddya say? And I won't bring my cats :H

so I got the pull up/situp/pushup bar assembled and attached to my door frame. Ummm... I can't do a pull up. At all. Crap. It's a long way to a hundred I guess.

Uni-bet you get a second wind tonite!! Yep, how did we all have time to drink?
                      New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Hello everyone, I havent been on this forum in a little while but Ive been struggling lately and wanted to check in. I know we're a good way through August already but I thought I'd join in the AF August thread if thats ok with everyone! I went on a bit of a drinking binge with some work pals on Thrursday night and havent been in work since! I'm back in tomorrow and sure to get a big telling off for calling in sick with what was obviously a hangover. I feel so ashamed at my total lack of responsibility.... this needs to change, I'm 31 and behaving like an 18 year old. I've done AF before and lasted a couple of months before mistakenly thinking I was back in control (I'm never going to be in control this is why I want to quit for good) So I hope you don't mind me gatecrashing the August AF half way through!! Everyone seems to be in good spirits xx
                        AF since 19th August 2011

Comment

Welcome time to change! You will find us in different stages of sobriety but all with the goal of an AF life. You can do it if you are ready. Just get some tools in that coping tool box of yours and don't go out with your coworkers again!

Glad to see you back.
                          Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
                          :h

Comment

Time to Change, big welcome to you! the good news is: you don't ever have to drink again. really, it's that simple in scope. hang with us and we'll have fun together.

had a marvy time at the gunshow and didn't spend much $ at all but had a ball. met up with my collector friend and he had his whole family there which was awesome, we hung out and visited for a couple hours. they don't drink and are very interesting worldly folks so it was awesome.

Greeneyes, you're so darn industrious!

ok, off to master the clothes dryer now....wish me luck

xxxx
                            nosce te ipsum
                            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Deter - that is some picture......calendar quality I think although not sure what calendar :H

Time to Change, this is the place to be if you want to be AF
                              We do a lot of kidding around but we are serious about living sober. Stick with us, OK?

Sorry to say I didn't get around to finishing my painting job today but there's always tomorrow. Just had my DIL & 2 grandson here for dinner & that was more important

Greenie, our last house was the old one (built in 1919). We bought it from a couple of 80 year olds who couldn't see or smell the cat pee that had soaked thru the carpet into the hardwood floor in one of the bedrooms & the hall closet. Needless to say that was all gutted - gross! I hope you are successful in your attempts to freshen things up

Hi Uni, hope you found some energy today!

papmom, I don't even know if I could do a pullup anymore....haven't even tried since I was in high school gym class a hundred years ago :H Don't hurt yourself!!!

Putting my feet up now - yay!
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                              X