Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Tuesday

Morning aberoos!

I fell asleep last night around 9:30 and woke up at 7 nice and refreshed. That hasn't happened in a while.

Busy thread yesterday and I love all the support we are giving each other. As long as we are not alone we can always win our struggles. Support and understanding are crucial.

I don't have much planned for today - probably just give the trailer a good cleaning and if it is nice sit at the pool with my book for a bit. I'm not sure if hubby is picking me up today or later in the week. I'll have to touch base with him to see how his schedule is.

Love you all - have a great AF Tuesday.

Uni
    Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
    :h

AF Daily - Tuesday

Greetings Uni, and Abber's far and wide!

A good refreshing sleep is the best Uni. Have a bonza day friend.

A safe, sober and magical day everyone. One foot in front of the other.

Any luuuurvin going on? eh? :h

Best wishes, G-bloke.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

AF Daily - Tuesday

Hello Universal and everyone else to come, I've been lurking for a couple of days since my last post but thought it was time I checked in again. Day 5 for me today and I'm feeling a little more positive. I'm in training for a half marathon next month so luckily that means I'm forced to get the daily exercise or let my hard earned fitness slip which isn't an option as I'm running for the Cystic fibrosis Trust so its about more than just me! Universal, I really envy your lovely sleep last night...that sounds amazing. I may attempt an early night tonight! Its my day off work today and I haven't planned much.... Might do some job hunting research, its time to step up game I think! Have a great AF day everyone xx
      AF since 19th August 2011

Comment

AF Daily - Tuesday

Hi, G,

I sent this yesterday and send it again.

:l:l

Tawny may not approve but that is hugs Double.

You are so appreciated on this site and well loved.

Well loved.

Love you,
        Cindi
        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

AF Daily - Tuesday

Hi everyone, how do I start to be AF? Another meltdown last night and I want help and support - what do I do here? Plez help. Thanks
          I GET KNOCKED DOWN - BUT I GET UP AGAIN -YOUR NEVER GONNA KEEP ME DOWN! :lordhelpme:

Comment

AF Daily - Tuesday

Good morning everyone!!! I'm quickly reaching out to touch my sobriety life line before I head out to my first day of school on campus!!

Cailin, :welcome: The way I stay AF is to not take the first drink. I just keep doing that over and over. I was a very hopeless daily drinker for many years. If I can stop, and these other fine folks here can stop, I know YOU CAN DO IT TOO!!!

I got my start by downloading the My Way Out book from the health store and giving tha a read. This Toolbox Thread is also a great read.

Keep reaching out and posting and sharing. Together we can do this.

Have a fABulous day one and all! Good to see you Cindi, G-man :h ______, TtoC, Uni and all to come!

One thing is for sure....today I will not drink any AL. That is all.

DG
            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
            Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

AF Daily - Tuesday

FABBIES!!!

Kick arse DG!

Hi uni, cindi, timeto, G :h... I'm up for some luuuuuuurvin'!

I'm so excited! I learned how to block my dad's phone calls!! No more middle of the night calls!!! YAY! YAY! HAPPY DAY!

Cailin, I see you first posted about 3 weeks ago. I really think a read of the MWO book would be helpful as doggygirl suggested. You need a plan and tools to use when you are wanting to drink. Lots of people are like you and have managed to quit drinking. You can too.

Gotta zoom! The carpet cleaners will be here shortly to clean the cat pee corners.
              sigpic
              Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

AF Daily - Tuesday

Garlicky greetings from the high desert AF-ville!!!

Cailin, hang around here a bit, there's lots going on. tell us a bit about yourself?

Guitarista, good to see you

zoom zoom

be well everyone
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

AF Daily - Tuesday

Good afternoon Abbers!

Uni, thanks for starting us up today!
                  I slept only so - so last night but feel good anyway

Mr G - where have you been? :h

Time to change, very nice on your 5 AF days, keep going

Hi cailin, welcome!
                  Read the book, make a good plan for yourself & a strong commitment to improving your life. All of us here have done it, you can too!

Greetings Cindi, DG - the school girl, Greenie the cat pee woman & Det :H

I am proud to say I loved my trip to Curves this morning & will be going right back tomorrow! I want to see how a M-W-F morning routine works for me. And yes, I was sweating when I left :H

Have a great AF Tueday!
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF Daily - Tuesday

life is like a box of shrimp. that's all I got to say about that.
                    nosce te ipsum
                    (Know Thyself)

Comment

AF Daily - Tuesday

And what is a box of shrimp like? I've only seen them in bags :H
                      New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

AF Daily - Tuesday

Well my world rocked this afternoon - did anyone else feel the earthquake?? :H :H

The last earthquake of that size happened way back when I was in college (when dinosaurs roamed the earth) :H

Who has shrimp????
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF Daily - Tuesday

Good afternoon, seeing as how its not morning any more, FAbstinis! Earthquake? I think that was my tax bill! Holy hanna. That is all.

Time to...keep going. Tell us more

Cailin also, tell us more, and do check the tools threads. If you poke around on here there is no end of useful help for the early stages. I am relatively new here myself, only been on since about April, and this site is very helpful, all round. Note there is an emergency thread too, which is well attended.

I am contemplating the making of Pad Thai here. So its off to look for glass noodles in the dumbest Safeway on the planet.

One thing is for sure.... no alcohol will cross my lips today or any other day.

Kaslo
                          Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

AF Daily - Tuesday

Hi fABbies! Wow I can't believe I emerged from college to find there was an earthquake!! Hope everyone is safe and sound and with minimal damage, wherever the thing was.

Well, a majorly huge important question was answered today. Will both of my teachers be older than me???? WHEW. By a very narrow margin, I am younger than my teachers I am happy to report. And I have more hair on the top of my head too. Life is good.

One of our textbooks on treating dual addictions (in this case, meaning a severe mental illness + drug or alcohol problem) is really really technical. I was a bit worried about whether this class would be over my head. This is an on-line class too. I'm glad I went to orientation as the teacher put is into perspective and I think I can make it through. (I have hope anyway!)

I'm going to bed early tonight and then tomorrow, I gotta rock the homework all day long. So if you see me around here beyond a quick check in, please :b&d: me back to the books!

Lav, I think you will LOVE Curves!!! It's definitely no sissy workout if you put 100% into it. I too like the machines - I always feel much safer with them than the ones at the big gym.

Hey ho to everyone else. I think we should have a MWO Dating Game with a panel of our lovely date eligible ladies (eh em. Lav, you are among the "date eligible" IMO!) who vie to be chosen by G-Man by answering rediculously funny and racey questions. :h _________ :h Whatdya think G? Ladies? I'll be happy to host and make up the questions.

One thing is for sure!!!

DG
                            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                            Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
                            X