AF AUGUST Wednesday 24th.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi guys, hope you don't mind me starting this one off today! Its 1pm here in the uk and I'm off to work at 3....Kind of dreading it as I've been off since Thursday last week after a silly binge followed by a depressive episode, oh well I'm sure it'll be fine once I get there and get back on it! Its day 6 for me today and I'm not really thinking about booze so its all good....My will powers pretty strong at the moment so I'm not too worried for today. I hope eveyone's ok today....I saw the earthquake on the news, pretty scary! Anyways, have a great day one and all, heres to another AF day xx
    AF since 19th August 2011

Hey time - thanks for starting us off today and good job on day 6!

I didn't sleep as good last night as I did the night before so I'm a bit tired today but luckily I have nothing on my agenda so a lazy day is okay. I may start working on a recovery scrapbook that I want to do - just notes (some from you guys!) and thinks that we did in treatment. That way whenever I'm feeling down I can go back and see how far I've come.

I woke up this morning to a notice on my computer that said someone with the same IP address as me is on this network. It is a public network here and I have a feeling that someone may have hacked into my system. I have nothing important on this computer so I'm not worried about that however I don't like that someone may have gotten my passwords or sent something from my system. I'm not sure what to do about this - should I file a police report? It's just suspicion that someone may have hacked but I thought that there is only one IP address ever for each computer? Any advice would be appreciated.

Have a great AF Wednesday - happy hump day.
    Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
    :h

Comment

Hi fABies! T2C - thanks for getting us started today and I ditto the congrats on day 6AF! The early days can be tough so keep up the GREAT WORK! :goodjob: Enjoy those moments where AL is leaving you alone, and be ready with all your warrier gear for when AL comes knocking. One day at a time.

Uni, do you know any techie types? Something definitely doesn't seem normal. I don't know about police report, but if you know a techie type I would ask. Mr. Doggy is out all day today but if you aren't able to get more info about what might be going on, I will be happy to ask him later when he is home.

Nothing much to report except that I've got my regular work crap caught up for the day, and am about to embark on homework!!

One thing is for sure - If I take a drink I will keep drinking until I'm drunk and passed out, and there is NO WAY I can get through school like that! So no drinking for me today.

DG
      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Good afternoon Abbers!

Wow, this granny has been on the move all day :H

Time, great on 6 AF days!!
        Hope you continue to feel better & better without AL on board

Uni, try contacting your ISP.
        We all have wireless networks in our houses around here & I am a bit concerned that my neighbors could sneak a look into my personal business if they really wanted to but they're really not a$$holes so I guess I'm OK

DG, afternoon homework would put me to sleep. Hope you've made some coffee
        Went to Curves this morning, did the full circuit & was home just before 10 am. Going to see if a M-W-F routine works out for me. I enjoyed it & enjoyed the friendly banter too. Sure beats spending time with a drooling Piggy Swissy (waiting for me to drop a morsel) :H

OK, lunch break over, time to get back to the business of making money
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Good morning AbsFabs, congrats Time on 6 days. Six is more than 5 and so just keep going going till its all gone. I had a real hard time getting past the first two weeks, i somehow used to be able to convince my self I could be responsible, well, we all know THAT wasnt hap'nin.

Uni, too bad about the dual personality (uninvited....) you will get a blank stare from the RCMP complaint desk for sure. Do you have a firewall system? Can you take it to a computer repair service software hardware shop. I swear if Mr. Kaslo dissapears into a black hole in the universe, I am done for.

DG the idea of doing homework makes my blood run cold, but then...hey wait a SECOND....that is what I do, dammit. (Write papers and do research... ) Whats with that? Yours is for a very good cause though. Hoping you will give us tasty little explanatory tidbits on how addictions work on the human brain and behaviour.

Lav, well done on the morning Curves thing. I was a member here in my town, until the hip replacements and other arthritis issues, so I would love to go again.

So its back to the salt mine, the sulphur mine, the potassium, calcium, phosphorous mine....then gotta go get the daughter and grandkids for a visit here. A long drive there and back....3 hours each way.

Have a great day all abstinencers.

kaslo
          Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Kas - Here is the article I read/ wrote up today. NIAAA Publications

A couple things I found interesting from the MWO-land perspective were:

1) A med I hadn't heard of before - Ondansetron and
            2) The thread of implication that different meds are more or less effective for different people based on genetics. I think that has some very interesting long term implications for addiction treatment.

Of course, the neurotranmitter / brain details are way over my head and will probably always be that way! :H

Lav, Evening is my worst time for concentration. So for now, lunch is over and I need to get back to work before my window of opportunity closes for the day! So glad you are enjoying Curves! :yougo: (but more than Piggy Swissy????? :b&d

Where the sam hill is everyone? Who is sam hill?

DG
            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

Okay, seriously I just need to vent about people. I have a friend who was in a lesbian relationship, they bought a house together and right after their relationship went to shit. The one girl (not my close friend) is airing all of their dirty laundry on facebook and it just pisses me off to no end. I know it is not my problem and I will hand it over to my higher power - I just needed to vent off some frustration. I soooooooo want to comment on her post that she is just being a selfish bitch but I refrained. Thank god I'm sober because if I was drunk the stuff that would have been on her post would have been really not good! LOL

Okay, I feel better now - I just wish people could just let things go, you know?
              Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
              :h

Comment

Oy. That must be hard to look at Uni. I think you are wise to not post anything at all. Gas on the fire and all of that. :l

DG
                Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

OMG you guys! I really did log off of here and start to read my textbook. I think this is going to be a much more pleasant read than most text books! From "Loosening the Grip" by Jean Kinney, 10th ed. in the first section of Chapter 1 called "Once Upon a Time..":

In Greece and Rome, wine was essential at every kind of gathering. Alcohol was found to contribute to fun and games at a party -- for example, the Roman orgy.
                  :H:H (OK, I'm into 4th grade humor)

:h_________________:h

DG
                  Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

DG: What got me in the article was the revelation that alcohol related disease is the third largest cause of morbidity and mortality in the U.S. Why is this? I would like to know what social reasons contribute to this? After reading this, I read the Stats can report (summarized in a Toronto newspaper), and in Canada its Cancer, Heart disease, Stroke, Respiratory failure, accidents, diabetes, Alzheimers...in that order, and alcohol doesnt even make it on the list. (Well if you count that cardiovasc and cancer are sometimes linked with alcoholism....maybe it should be revised???).

I got the sense that in the US there is a huge pharmacolological movement to use drugs to treat alcholism, and that some of the drugs cause a few problems, especially for people who have more than one addiction problem at once. Especially interactions with opiates. Yikes. I think there is a huge untreated undocumented number of people who mix oxycontin and oxycodon with alcohol in western Canada, too. I was struck by the number of pharma companies the lead author of the article worked for. But I also dont want to imply that drugs should not be used, they make the difference between unresolved continued addiction and return to a normal life. I was surprised by the number of drugs used that do not prevent relapse. Is it that drugs are successful for many in the early phases of beating the addiction, but they do not treat the reason for alcohol consumption, or any of the social, familial, economic etc reasons behind alcohol abuse???

Anyway thanks for posting this. Very interesting reading. I could not see a singe drug on there that I would want to use to treat my own dependency on alcohol. Cold turkey worked for me, but it obviously will not work for many others.
                    Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

There is a little bit of paint (real paint, not pre-primer drywall repair stuff or primer, REAL paint) on the wall and the best part of it is that it is the wall behind the toilet tank which formerly had wallpaper on it. (wall not tank)

Zooooommmmm......

Uni good job on chilling out. Not your issue!
                      sigpic
                      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Can somebody please callme 508335531/8
                        New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

P3, I didn't get an answer. I hope you will come and post and talk to us.

:l:l:l:l:l:l

DG
                          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

Just talked to papmom ~ all is well

DG, good article!
                            We used to use Zofran for nausea in post-op patients. Had no idea it would make them stop drinking too :H

Kaslo - US doctors want to give you a pill for absolutely everything!
                            9/10 of the time - I just say NO

Uni - boycott Facebook - sometimes it just sucks!!!
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

thannk you thank you thank you for all the phone calls!! I didn't mean to really alarm everyone but I was in a bad place and needed some talking down plus I was in traffic and texting and couldn't really explain. I've got a friend here so I'll post what happened later. thanks Lav for letting everyone know!
                              New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Working...
                              X