AF AUGUST Wednesday 24th.....

Here ya go papmom.........a little gift from Lav :h

LAVAN-ITTUDE!!!!!!
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi Again everyone. Thanks again for the calls and the PM's. I'm still a little shaky but I have my pups, kittys and Ben and Jerry's to comfort me.

So at 4pm today, my friend (possibly ex friend) who is also on the search committee for Job #3, who I trained, mentored and stood by for 10 years through a divorce, growing pains personally and in her career, comes into my office to tell me I didn't make it to the final round of interviews. Apparently the competition was fierce and the "committee" felt that after the phone interviews, 3 people had stronger recommendations then me. What???? All my recs were from my current school, one of which is the person who is retiring and whose job I was seeking.This person I work VERY closely with and unless I am blind, dumb and just plain clueless, she was behind me taking over for her. The other rec is my coworker, and the 3rd one is the person I worked with over in the Evening Div. I thought she loved me!! So, who betrayed me? I guess my phone interview was just a courtesy interview. This hurts as bad as any breakup I've ever gone through. I really feel stupid to think I even had a chance at being promoted and making some decent money. Oh, and to add salt to the wound, I never heard back from Job #2a. I had asked her to let me know either way by today.

So with no prospects on the horizon, I am feeling very very scared about my financial future but more so about what is going to happen to my "kids". If it were just me and the cats I would walk away from this house and find a cheap apartment. But I can't do that with 3 dogs and I refuse to give them up until I am forced to. I have the appraiser coming on Friday for the refi appraisal and I just have such a bad feeling that it's not going to go my way. If the refi does go through it will give me some relief but not enough. Well there is always Walmart or McDonalds for a PT job I guess. .

I sat in that liquor store parking lot for 15 min today on the way home. I read as many threads as I could on my phone and kept telling myself I was stronger than the hurt and humiliation. What would I say to someone else in my shoes? What have I said in the past? I was finally able to continue on home and then I got my first phone call. Thank you!!

My friend came over after work and brought PF Chang's broccoli and beef and then we finished my nephew's quilt. All i have to do now is tie it off which will be laborious and time consuming but I can do it while watching TV the next 2 nights. I will try to get pics up by Friday nite-at the latest during the party on Sat.

I am so thankful to have all you guys in my life. It was so nice to hear voices matched with the screen names. You all sound pretty much like I imagined!!
      And I am thankful I didn't drink over this relatively small bump in the road, compared to what other's are going through.

Must hit the hay now and try to get some sleep.
      :l:h
      New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Pamom, glad your ok! xxxxxx

huge busy day here, but ended with a butt-kicking martial arts practice in the park so I'm all good and tired. whew.

be well friends
        nosce te ipsum
        (Know Thyself)

Comment

I could do some butt kicking right about now Deter!! I hope you kicked some for me!!

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Thank you Lav! I will put that 'tude in my pocket for when I walk into work tomorrow!!

KO the Beast!!

Comment

I've been hanging out here waiting for you to show up

Like I said - they're all BUMS now. Give them some attitude with a capital L!!!!
              And don't forget UD is only 15-20 min away

Hope you feel better in the AM.
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

:l:l:lP3!!!
                sigpic
                Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Hi all Fabsters, Lav, DG, Deter and all other of you all, goot eeeevening.

P3, I am sending good vibes and calm wavelengths from Canada to you. I know its a pain, and scary, and I sure you are really dissapointed to put it mildly. Believe me I know what its like, having lost quite a few competitions over the years myself, it really sucks. And I am sure you must wanna toss em all in a bog. However, I dont have the same advice as Lav. I really think if you are going to stay in the job you are in, and if you want to make more money and get a better job in the org you are in, or even get outta there and get a job somewhere else, than you may consider killing them with kindness. Be gracious and rise above it. Oh I am sure your buddy there is feeling guilty (and if not, shes a sociopath). If you show some class you will come out better later on.

Also when ever you get the gumption, maybe start looking outside the organization?? Jeezly jobs aside, you are a talented, resourceful, and hardworking person, and I just know there is something out there somewhere for you. There are so many fields of admin, why not branch out in your search a bit? And believe me, if you dont go kicking butt and making those mofos (did I say that?) uncomfortable, you will make them realize maybe they underestimated you. It may not seem like they are noticing, at first but I can almost gaurantee it will sink in.

Oh and also, if you were that close to the person who was making decisions about your eligibility, then they should have stepped aside out of a conflict of interest. Especially if you were close personally, and you helped that person with a divorce recovery. Thats not a level playing field at all, so it really makes the whole process kind of suspect and therefore, I am wondering how fast you can find an institution to work for that is worthy of your talents. Hmmm?

As I said to you, the Scots say.... "Keep your pecker up!" (I think it means courage).

kas
                  Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Oh Pap!!! That just sucks!!! Kaslo and Lav are right--they don't deserve you! I have a feeling something is going to come your way when You're not looking. The whole thing smells like BS to me. I am so proud of you for using all the tools available to keep from turning to al though!:l:l

Keep your pecker up!!!!:H:H:H:H

First day of school tomorrow. I am giving myself the day off to catch up on some stuff at home and then I get my hair done.
                    good night.
                    The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Working...
                    X