Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF AUGUST Thursday 25th

Good Mornin’ All!

It is another great mornin’ hear in Hotlanta. Gonna be a beautiful day – even if it rains bucket! I’m down to 0.5 Lexapro every other day and feel better than ever. I think it was keeping me so level that I would not get down or go up – if that makes sense. I am just concerned that if something bad happens that I hit rock bottom depression-wise – that happened once which is what started the lexapro – but I was also drinking at the time. CONFUSION!

Anyway Pap – the hiring process can be really complicated and it may not have been anyone that betrayed you. Here is a case in point. I currently have two open positions. One reports directly to me and one reports to a manager who reports to me. Then I have another manager that does not have any open positions but it jockeying to get a friend of hers transferred from a S&^t hole area in the company to our division. She all but promised her the position. I interviewed her and she was not a fit for either position. Also, once the position was posted, my management give me guidance of the type of person that should be in both positions – something totally different with a much higher skill set. Both are pretty high paying positions and I have people coming out of the wood work either trying to get it, get it for a friend, or a friend of a friend. Point of the matter is that the positions took on a totally different life once the initial posting was done – people that seemed qualified suddenly went down with new direction from senior management. So, my point is that MAYBE you were never betrayed – the dynamics of the hiring process just changed in mid stream. Happens all the time. Not defending anyone, but just another take on what could have happened. Anywho, if this comes up again or you want to talk about it, you have my personal email address (I think) and it goes directly to my cell that carry all the time. I don't have alot of experience of talking someone off a AL binge yet, but business stuff like this and workplace politics are my life so I may be able to help you sort it out sometime if needed.

Went to dental appointment #2. Lasted a little over 2 hours. I must have been really tense because when I got home, I slept for two hours. Got up, wizzed (sorry), and went back to sleep for 3 hours. Got up again and wizzed (sorry again – TMI?) got something to eat then went to bed for the night. I have to go back in 4 weeks for procedure #3. AAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!! Thank God for FSA!!! After what insurance pays, my out of pocket is still over $1,200. And it's not crappy insurance - they are paying over $2K!!!! Without my FSA, I'd be out finding me a pimp to come up with the paient pay amount! I think I'd make an awesome pot bellied gigolo!

Anyway, I’m still chugging along – looking for day 60. I know it will be here soon. Have I said lately that I am lovin’ this AF life!

Ok, gotta get son #1 ready for school. Have a great day all!

IJM

AF AUGUST Thursday 25th

CRAP! Forgot the IJM thought of the day... Here goes: Is it rude for a deaf person to talk (sign) with their mouth full of food?

IJM

Comment

AF AUGUST Thursday 25th

Morning folks. Still weepy and part of me doesn't want to show my face at work BUT I will take the advice given and be the bigger person.

IJM-:h Thank you. That is all.
      New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

AF AUGUST Thursday 25th

Morning abbers!

Pap you go in there with your head held high. Like I said to you last night, everything happens for a reason and there is something bigger and better in store for you, I just know it!

We had a brutal storm last night - tornado warnings and the whole bit. But we survived - Boo slept with me, poor thing was scared to death.

I am going home today until our long weekend in Sept. Trailer season is pretty much over. I'm actually looking forward to being home now. The trailer provided the solitude that I needed after coming out of treatment but I am now ready to go back to reality and life at home. One more long weekend here and then it'll be time to close up for the summer.

I'm off to bed for a nap - didn't sleep much last night with the storm.

Stay strong everyone!

Love and hugs,
        Uni
        Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
        :h

Comment

AF AUGUST Thursday 25th

Good morning Abbers!

Waiting for some pre-hurricane storms here - fabulous! Starting to hear a bit of thunder now....

IJM, I know the dental thing is a pain in the A$$ but you will love the results
          Dumping the Lexapro was the best thing for me. I will never take anything like that again I am much happier, healthier & remaining AF just on my herbal stuff regardless of what happens in my life. I have survived my husband of 38 years slithering away without feeling the need to drink about it

Uni, I have a combined 130 lbs of dog hanging by my feet right now - they don't like thunder either!!!

Papmom, you know we all love you 7 will be with you all day today :h

OK, better get my hens fed & watered before the skies open up!!
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF AUGUST Thursday 25th

Thanks Lav and Uni. I'm at work but feeling very weepy and weak. I think I'll close my door and just put my head down and work.

Lav, please keep me posted on the storm. My hoarder friend has decided she is buying ANOTHER dog and wants to go down THIS Saturday to the Baltimore area to get her. She's taking ALL her dogs with her and plans on sleeping in the Element in a rest stop Sat nite and picking up the dog on Sunday. She thinks she'll miss the storm. I hope so but I think she'll be heading right into it. I'm trying to talk her into puttting a deposit down and I'll go down with her in 3 weeks when we're both free. Oiy. Why am I friends with her again?

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

AF AUGUST Thursday 25th

Papmom, I am so sorry you are feeling this way! You definitely did not deserve this!! It is their loss. I wanted to extend some hugs here for you. I hope you feel better soon. Something better may be around the corner for you; and it isn't McDonalds or Walmart!! Sending you so much love, and strength!! xoxo

Hello to all of you other fabbies! I am heading to the hospital to sign my life away and get directives for my up coming surgery. Then I plan on faxing off some paperwork to Revenue Canada (arseholes!). Then I am gonna do a bit of 'me' shopping. Then I am going to come home and lay out in the sun. I have about as much energy as a slug.

Other than that, I am feeling pretty good. My good friend dragged me out to her house on Tuesday for dinner and a movie. I am glad I went. I have been feeling better since then!

Much love to you all. (((pap)))

Comment

AF AUGUST Thursday 25th

Hey everyone, checking in very briefly, I have a long drive, stopping to see Helen on the way, and picking up the little grandkids 1 and 2 and the daughter and bringing them back here. Also big pool party planned for here on Saturday for which I have done abs not a thang.
                Gotta go, love to all, specially AFM and Paps. Revenue Canada, blech.

kas
                Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

AF AUGUST Thursday 25th

hidy ho ABeroooooos!

off on the road again, see you in a hotel tonight.

Papmom, it's a mourning stage your in right now as I'm sure you know. and this will pass, and other doors are probably opening as I type this, so keep your eyes open for them! xxxxxx dear. see you in the Paleo section soon.

Lav, so awesome your hitting the gym, you just can't beat what that does for our minds and bodies.

I just about had a heat stroke doing martial arts practice in the park yesterday at 3pm. whew! but it was fantastic and I feel great (and sore).

off and running,

IJM, I think it's only rude for deaf people to sign while wearing dark sunglasses. I'm not sure why but that just seems rude.

be well everyone
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

AF AUGUST Thursday 25th

Home sweet home! I'm surprised, he actually left it almost clean for me - I was totally expecting to walk into a disaster zone.

A bit of a funky smell though - I'm guessing there is a dead mouse somewhere (we have a really old house and they tend to go in the ceiling tiles). I will have to go do that search but meanwhile I have some nice smelling candles lit. Tonight is going to be a relaxing, do squat type of evening. I think I may order a pizza.....

One thing is for sure!
                    Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
                    :h

Comment

AF AUGUST Thursday 25th

Good evening all!

Had an unexpected but lovely day with my 3 grandkids & their Mama's
                      Of course now I'm totally behind in work but who cares?

papmom, tell your hoarder friend to STAY HOME!
                      The Baltimore DC area is going to be hit pretty hard. The dedication for the Martin Luther King memorial scheduled for Sunday has been cancelled which means my son doesn't have to drive down for his scheduled OT (that makes me happy).

AFM, I'm glad you have a good friend looking out for you

Uni, have been there with miceion old houses - not pretty!!!
                      This house is built tight & they can't get in so they just hang out in the garage & chicken house :H

Det - heat stroke in the park does not sound like fun. Exercise in an air conditioned building is not bad

Kaslo, enjoy your grandkid time ~ it's the best!!!!

My daughter said they will be riding out the hurricane with me & for that I am grateful!
                      Wasn't looking forward to handling it all on my own

OK, time to chill out for a bit & do day 11 of the 21 day meditation challenge.
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF AUGUST Thursday 25th

blah! just back from a horrid and overpriced catastrophe of a dinner. I think I've been teleported into one of those creepy little cow-towns from a Quentin Torentino movie. The place smelled like a healthy mix of vomit and stale booze, and the things they did to that tiny bit of halibut is simply unspeakable. I was tempted to go 'Chef Ramsey' on their asses, but then what good would that really accomplish?

Uni, glad your home. feeling mighty jealous
                        ok, I'll stop pouting now.

xxxx
                        nosce te ipsum
                        (Know Thyself)

Comment

AF AUGUST Thursday 25th

Hi everyone!! IJM, you are sounding terrific! Glad you are weaning off the AD's (working with your doc) and feeling good!

P3...more hugs. I'm with Uni that the universe must have something really fabulous in store for you. Are you planning to broaden your search horizons?

AFM - we really are wired to be social creatures. I think of the many times I really believe I want to isolate, but then feel SO much better after getting out in the company of friends. I think that is all stuff at work in our subconscious.

Lav, I love your Lav-attitude (did I spell that right???) as always!

Hi Kaz, Greenie, Det, Treya, DogLvr, Jenny, and anyone/everyone else who hasn't checked in today or that I missed!

I LOOOOVE my on-campus class. The teacher is great and the group of students is lively. Several recovery folks in the room and most of us overcame any shyness about sharing our personal experiences about 5 minutes or less into the the class. :H Who knew I would find a profession where my experience as an alkie is helpful? :H

An interesting thing came up today that I had not heard of specifically before. You know how some people talk about being somewhere in the first few months or even a bit longer of sobriety and claim they really fell sort of numb? There is something called anhedonia that I had not heard of before. It is the inability to feel pleasure. It is a brain chemistry issue where the chemicals that make us sense pleasure are not released (or otherwise not functioning properly - this is not a science or medical class!).

What can happen is after extended time of regular heavy drinking (I'm thinking probably daily), our "feel good" chemicals are being released when we drink. So our natural ability to produce these chemicals basically goes dormant.

The teacher said the 1) not everyone experiences this and 2) the brain usually heals itself and 3) the healing processes can take as long as a year.

I'm not sure, but am guessing this is something that might be mentioned as part of PAWS (post acute withdrawl symptoms)???

Anyway, I thought I would mention that since that sort of "flat" feeling is described around here sometimes. Google anhendonia & alcoholism. Go ahead. I dare ya!!!

OK - I finished all my homework for the week for my hardest class - the dual diagnosis one. Not sure if I did it right - it was a brain burner. But it's in early and now I will be moving on tomorrow to other stuff that is less pressing.

One thing is for sure - I've not felt this ALIVE in a long time. I owe so much of my reclaimed life to all of you here at MWO. :h

DG
                          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

AF AUGUST Thursday 25th

a winged stinging beast got me on the hand when i was mowing the grass. BOTH palms itched like crazy, hand is lika a balloon even with 3 benadryl feck! type w/ one hand & a fuzzy brain. gotta give it up & go to bed. P3 hope you feel better.. can't do the rest o' ya... getting a bit stupid. bit like too much to drink. ugh.

bathroom looking good!
                            sigpic
                            Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

AF AUGUST Thursday 25th

Hi All-just wanted to check in and let you all know I'm OK. Spent most of the night in the basement again due to nasty T-storms. They are not over but I'm exhausted and MUST get to bed!! Up early tomorrow to clean clean clean for the appraiser, then do mega work from home plus tie off the quilt. You would have thought I would have done that while I was sequestered tonite but no. I'll check in tomorrow. Good posts today!!

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Working...
                              X