AF Daily - Sunday August 28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jenny, so good to have you back. Yes the level 10 homework is something else. That would have interfered with my drinking schedule big time in my younger college years..... I seem to remember back then the suggestion that a person plan 1 hour of study for every one hour of class time. (or maybe that was just my easy major!) Now they suggest something like 3 hours for every 1 hour. HUH???? Same semester length too. This must be putting a damper on things at the party schools. That is all. So excited for you starting your new semester tomorrow! I can't drink either - you are not alone on this thread, that's for sure.

Lav - I'm not sure whether to :H or :upset: at your BIL.

Buring man sounds so cool but you are right Det - my imagination of it really has me there at night. Hot and dusty is not my think either. Nor is hot a humid. I'm ready for winter.

P3 - did the doggies make it OK in the yard without life line??? :H

IJM - your furniture story is hillarious. We put all of our "gently used" (:H) items out by the road. Sometimes we will include a hand made sign that says "take me I'm free." Not necessary though. Sometimes for fun, we watch out the window to see how long before somebody stops and loads it up. We put a sofa out there one time that was pretty bad. A couple guys took it and we were hoping there was not a woman living with them because if there was, we would have gotten a return for sure. Mr. Doggy put a really old riding mower out there one time with just enough gas to get far enough away to deter pushing it back here. :H "you might be a redneck...."

Busy day tomorrow. Book keeping catch up, Mary Kay delivery and a few errands, volunteer work, and then back to the books. Gotta keep my last living brain cells in good shape!

Nighty Night fabbies! DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

I'm ready for winter. :what?::excuseme::no!:

It has been a hot one, but Let's not get carried away DG!!!!

I wonder if I put my pickles and peaches and salsa from 2000 out by the road, someone will take it?? I really don't know why I do so much canning and then hoard it so!
      Hubby got the sump pump plumbed more permanently so at least we don't have the hose and the open door issue. It is a mess, but I promise no more complaining about my little bit of water in my basement after watching the flooding in NE on the weather channel! OMG!
      I'm glad all you east coasters are safe and sound. I don't envy all the work you have ahead of you though.

I can't believe how much I got done today. I told DH I don't think I've spent that much time in the kitchen for a very long time. I made some what I hope turns out to be some yummy dill relish, and am delighted to discover my Vitamix blender makes tomato sauce a breeze! I also ground up and froze some zucchini, and washed the corn I picked for our company coming this week. I even baked some delicious butterscotch bars----but don't tell my family there's zucchini in there!!!!

Alas, I have laundry to finish and supper to deal with. I think BLT's again.

Welcome back Bear and Jenny. Good to have you back with us too, Mom3. I wish I would have had some spare time, I would have buzzed over to Denver to see you!

Hang in there Det and anyone else having difficulties. Have a great sober week all!:h
      The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Well.... the cortisone kicked in today. My paw has turned back into a hand and I'm wired out of my gourd. I don't believe I've ever had a cortisone shot. Wonder how long I'll be like this? Will I sleep at all tonight? He said it would last 3 to 5 days. Ugh!

Glad everyone is safe.

You mind yourself, det! Didn't you say there was internet or cell service at burning man this year?
        Good to see you wanting to get back on track, jen.

Think I'll go clean the oven or something.
        sigpic
        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

heya Jenny! lets do an AF week starting Monday eh?

yes, BM ends this week but Dx isn't back for a few more days since she's part of the crew. ugh!
          the internet was working off and on the first couple weeks but now... nada!

butterscotch zucchini bars? groovy.

I made a coconut/tomato/lemon/pork curry tonight that was yummy and weird.

Greeneyes, enjoy your 'altered state' glad the paw is better

chat cheered me up a few minutes ago. will head back to see who's around again....

xxxxx all
          nosce te ipsum
          (Know Thyself)

Comment

I'm in Det, AF week for me. I'll be kickin Friday's butt this week instead of Friday kickin my butt!
            You always succeed if you never stop trying.
            Everyday we choose the direction of change.

Comment

Working...
            X