Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

September Sanctuary

Welcome to the Sanctuary....

My calendar affirmation for September is This month I bless everyone in my life, and everyone in my life blesses me. What I put out returns to me multiplied. I pay people compliments. I offer gratitude and appreciation. I lend support and encouragement. Basically, I give all the things I want to receive.

Let's focus on our self care this month guys, it's been a crazy summer for many of us. Time to slow down and breath. Set aside some time to care for our minds and our bodies.

I feel for the 1st time since I got here that I've finally stepped off the carousel. It was as if I had to try and fill the big void Portugal left in my life with anything I possible could. I didn't know how to "be" in this new world. Now I have myself back and I feel so good. I have been very concerned about going over there incase I didn't want to leave but I think it's going to be ok. It's not a place that determines our happiness it's us and now the dust has settled I'm back in control of that happiness.

Have a wonderful 1st of September :l
    "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
    AF - JAN 1st 2010
    NF - May 1996

September Sanctuary

Sorry guys I never wrote "week one" DUH!
    Someone remind us when it's time to start week two.
    "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
    AF - JAN 1st 2010
    NF - May 1996

Comment

September Sanctuary

Hiya Chill and all Sanctuary peeps.
      Chill, you are inspiring me so much, I have been following your struggles with interest. As you know, we have some similarities in our situations. I am at the fearful stage and wondering whats going to become of me. You have come through that and it helps me no end. Thank you xxx
      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

September Sanctuary

Thanks Chill for getting us started. It has been an insane summer and I am very much looking forward to some downtime and to get reacquainted with my hubby.

Gotta love September, not least of all because it's our birthday month!

Good to see you Starts! Hang in there - positive changes are coming your way. As my wise granny says, what's for you won't go buy you!

X
        'Breakfast, every hour, it could save the world.' Tori Amos

"Turn a stumbling block into a stepping stone."

AF since 23rd December 2010 - progession is paramount! :truce:

"don't be sad because it's over, smile because it happened!"

Comment

September Sanctuary

Hi everyone

Chill - Thank you so much for the summary and for such a brillant start to this month. I defnitely need some me time. However, I have one more crazy week to get through first. Two weddings in 2 days and one of them in Spain!

My daughters Debs was last night and she looked absolutely beautiful. I had some friends/neighbours over first for a glass of champaigne (I was driving so no problem there) and then there was a reception at the school and then they went off on a party bus to the hotel. They had breakfast at the hotel at about 5 a.m. and all came back by bus so I had an early start this morning. She is going to another one Monday night as somebody's partner. I wont know myself when she moves out!!!

Have to dash, will catch up with everyone later.

Rustop

Comment

September Sanctuary

Good morning September friends

I really could use a month in a sanctuary. This summer has offered no downtime for me. My dream of getting away for a few days didn't happen & will not be happening so I need to find my peace right here at the homstead/work place. Kind of odd, isn't it?

Well, after I finish up this morning's work I am taking my daughter & Lily outlet shopping & stopping for lunch. I look forward to a nice afternoon with my girls

Greetings Chill, Starts, Cassia & rustop!
            rustop, your daughter must have had a wonderful night

Wishing everyone a great AF Thursday!
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

September Sanctuary

Good morning everyone

Lav - Hope you had a nice time with your girls. You can always have a stayvacation (I think thats what they call staying at home). Do nothing or some really nice pampering things for yourself. You deserve it. I cannot wait to have some me time. There was another party last night, just from 8 to about midnight!

Much cooler here the last few days. I refused to turn the heat on while it was still August but I dont think I will be able to hold out much longer.

Off on the cliff walk I did a few weeks ago and then having lunch with 2 friends. Looking forward to it.

Hope everyone has a great week-end.

Rustop

Comment

September Sanctuary

Good morning Sacturians

Where the hell is everyone I hope you are all busy with your self care...

Starty - so lovely to see you here, the sanctuary is open 24/7. Fear is probably the most crippling emotion there is but the good news is that its also just an illusion. As they say the only thing to fear is fear itself. As for inspiration, you have inspired me in the past beyond belief :l

Cass - birthdays, cats and husbands for you this month! Boy is it going to be a good month.

Lav - hope you and a lovely day with your girls. I think home is the best sanctuary we have. I dream every day of having one again. Because of my job I'm in houses every day and in my mind I play a game with each one, imagining it's mine and all the things I'd like to do to it. It works great as I always have lots of ideas for the potential buyers!

Rustop - Two weddings in 2 days, one in Spain!!? Boy I look forward to hearing more about the logistics of that.

Well it's a wet grey Friday here and I'm heading off to walk Elle now. Looking forward to my 1st weekend alone and doing exactly what I want to do.
                AF - JAN 1st 2010
                NF - May 1996

Comment

September Sanctuary

Good morning all!

Yay, I have four days off for the Labor Day Weekend. I love the beginning of time off, all the anticipation. I have books to read, my house to clean, some shopping to do, and I will enjoy all of it. Tomorrow, a college football game, and I will host a small cookout for family on either Sunday or Monday. Right now it is really hot, and today will be in the 90s. Yuck. However, by Monday, it is supposed to be fall weather, high in the low seventies. I love fall.

Chill, I had no time to post yesterday, I had to be at work early, and went out to dinner after work. You sound so pleased that you get to do what YOU want this weekend. That is what I mean about being in a relationship, it is hard to carve out time for yourself. I always make sure to have distinct boundaries and separate interests. My husband is used to it, but I do spend most of my time with him, but I want to. I guess we are together but doing our separate things. I think the Portugal healing and spiritual center sounds so wonderful.......all types of learning and new experiences, helping you to grow spiritually. I too have found a similar center right by my new place of employment, but do not have lots of opportunities to participate in things. So, what are you going to do this weekend?

Lav, it's hard to get away when you have alot of animals, isn't it? If you did go somewhere, who would feed the chickens?

Cassia, so good to hear from you. September is going to be a great month of changes.

Rustop, wow are you busy. It does sound fun though.

To all, a great AF day.
                  Formerly known as redhibiscus

Comment

September Sanctuary

Good morning September friends!

Grey skies overhead, rain on the way but I hope the whole weekend is not a washout. I have tons & tons of yardwork to catch up on....the YB does nothing but cut grass & leave

Had a nice afternoon shopping & lunching with my girls. I sure am going to miss them when they move. The thought just makes me cry. Sorry to sound like such a downer.

Star, in the past my kids have jumped in to take care of the animals & chickens so I could go away for a few days. Everything has changed so much for all of us though so getting away will be tricky but not impossible.

I'm heading out the door in a few minutes ~ I find I like starting my day with a trip to curves ~ gets my endorphins moving

Wishing everyone a great AF Friday!

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

September Sanctuary

Star ? your weekend sounds lovely, isnt anticipations just the most wonderful feeling!

For me the issue with establishing a relationship later in life is that we have already grown into ourselves. When I met my husband in my early 20's I was an blank page and together we grew up and were shaped by our experiences. Still to this day I know exactly how his mind works. Meeting someone later in life there isn't all that history, you dont know the silly things that have happened to them or faced adversity with them.

Relationships are like trees and as they grow you are still your own branch growing away by yourself but your partner's branch is part of the same root and in a good relationship is right there next to you.

I just haven't felt comfortable in any other relationship I've tired despite them being with wonderful people. Its felt like sawing off two branches from separate trees and sticking them in the ground together, they just aint going to grow! Lots of other people manage to work this through but its just not for me and finally accepting this has been a huge relief.

Lav ? I really feel for you, my own Mum was so sad when I moved to Portugal. Hopefully your daughter will only be a few hours away and you can go visit regularly. Perhaps you do need a house sitter to give you time off from the animals so you can stay away over night. I wish I was near by and I would come volunteer. Hope you are feeling better tonight.
                      AF - JAN 1st 2010
                      NF - May 1996

Comment

September Sanctuary

Good Afternoon September Sanctuarians!

I'm finally home! Gosh, I missed you guys:l

Just a quick check-in for me....typing and hunching over a laptop hurts my neck and back so much, I'm trying at all costs to stay away from the computer.

Chill-I loved your analogy of comparing relationships to the branches on a tree. You are so right, and I cannot tell you how much I respect your decision to get out of relationships that are not right for you. You and I think so much alike, it's kind of scary!:H. I have known so many women.....some of them my friends....others just acquaintances...who stay in unhappy/unfulfilling relationships just because they don't want to be alone. And, the WORST part is....that when I asked these women if they were in love with their partners when they moved in with/married them....they all said, "No, I was poor and needed someone to help me raise my kids," or, "No, but there wasn't anyone else and I didn't want to be an old maid." When my drinking was at its worst, I felt so lonely...little did I know that I felt lonely because I was drinking. I don't feel alone anymore...I feel loved, happy, productive...like I'm someone worthwhile and fun to be with. If I had a BF, I would constantly have to think about what HE wants to do on the weekends, over the holidays. OMG...I'm glad I don't have that burden.

Star-I loved how you described your relationship with your husband. You remind me so much of my best friend. She and her husband have been married for 40 years and are each other's best friends....they do almost everything together. I am happy for you. You work mindfully (your word, which I use a lot) to maintain a happy relationship. Is your son still working?

Dew-I think of you every day. When will you be done with your treatment?

Lav-I am glad you had time alone with your daughter and Lily....and I agree with everyone here, get a petsitter so you can leave for a weekend to do whatever you want. You are EVERYONE'S caretaker. Your Highness, I beg you to go on a holiday. You mentioned Lancaster County and I just smiled. I used to spend quite a bit of time there for work. Yup, isolated! I am so glad you found Curves. Do you feel more Curvaceous?:rockon:

Ok, time to take the muscle relaxants and painkillers and take a nap....I'll check in later!

Comment

September Sanctuary

Pet/Chicken Sitter wanted :H :H :H

I'll figure out something one of these days. Besides I need to wait for my favorite traveling companion (my daughter) to be availble to go with me! She's been talking for a while about wanting to go somewhere for a few days but now is not the right time for her.

Rusty, I hope your neck pain eases up soon. I developed some sort of muscle tension back there a couple of years ago & had to go get an Rx muscle relaxant. I had to release my seat belt at a stop sign, turn my whole body to the left to get a clear view of the traffic. That was ridiculous

Chill, my chicken would love to have you take care of them

Enjoyed my Curves trip as usual (No Rusty, I am not curvaceous yet). But I was also a little saddened listening to one of the women excitedly talk about leaving on a trip tonight with her husband & 4 other couples to Alaska.......makes me sad......

Oh well, I will survive!
                          Wishing everyone a good Night,
                          lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

September Sanctuary

Good morning all....

Yesterday my car thermometer said 99 degrees at about noon. It was really hot, and today at the football game, it is supposed to be hot. Yikes, it will be an experience. I am looking forward to going, I love campus, young people, tail gaters, and all the circuses. Football I can take or leave, but the person I am going with loves football, alot. Will watch anyy game just because it is football. Sound familiar?

Rusty, my son is in a good place today. He was hired in on a permanent basis at a facility he really likes. Unfortunately at around ten bucks an hour, he will have a hard time on his own. I really believe that we should have a living wage for people who work fulltime. Anyway, he is also taking classes and is so busy, he has no time to do anything else, which is good. So today, everything is OK. I guess I am kind of cynical, but it is what it is. So sorry to hear about the constant pain you are in. I am lucky with my husband, I guess the key is we like each other after all these years, have the same goals, and are committed.

Chill, you are so right with your analogy of the trees. The history of a relationship gives it a special flavor. A new relationship would be so much work. Some people love new relationships and finding out about the other person, they do not do so well when it comes to the daily stuff. They miss the excitement.

Lav, glad you are enjoying Curves.

To all, have a great day!!
                            Formerly known as redhibiscus

Comment

September Sanctuary

Good Saturday morning one & all

Nothing special today just hoping to get some more shrub trimming done before the T storms arrive.
                              Such an exciting life.......

Wishing everyone a great AF Saturday!

Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                              X