Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

September Sanctuary

Hi everyone,

So sorry to hear that tragic news Dewdrop. Sticking to your AF path is the way to go. You'll be on top of thing's, and your family most likely needs you. Take care, and be gentle on yourself.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

September Sanctuary

oh Dewdrop im so sorry! What tragic news, my heart breaks for you, your son and his wife. There are no words I can say to console you my friend but please know we are always here for you. I too am crying tears for this little soul and his brief visit to your lives.

No matter how much this is hurting you, drinking is going to make it a million times worse. I think we thought it dulled our pain in the past but on reflection, it never really stopped the hurts, heartbreaks and traumas of our lives. Perhaps for a few brief moments but I can remember drunkenly sobbing my heart out on many occassions. The aftermath leaves us the same issues to deal with, only with horrendous hangovers and self loathing. You are so needed right now and I believe you are sober today so you are able to deal with this as best you can. You are all in my prayers.
      "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
      AF - JAN 1st 2010
      NF - May 1996

Comment

September Sanctuary

Dewdrop,

I am so so sorry to hear about the death of your little grandson. Myself and the kids have lit a little white candle for him here in Ireland. RIP Little Man xx
        "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
        NF 12th May 2010

Comment

September Sanctuary

Good morning everyone,

Dewdrop I am so sorry for your loss:l:l
          Your son & daughter-in-law need you & your strength so please do your best to be there for them. We will all be here for you :l

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

September Sanctuary

:lDEW:l
            :upset::h i am so sorry for your loss. I am at a total loss of words, I apologize. I can't even begin to imagine the pain you and your family are in. I always try to remember that God is a kind God and he must have not wanted your little angel to suffer anymore...that is what I always told myself when I lost my first baby through miscarriage.

Dew, you and your family are in my thought and prayers! :l SD
            "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
            7/29/12

Comment

September Sanctuary

Thank you everyone for your very kind and thoughtful words :l It's been a tough day but the family have all dropped by or phoned to see if we need help and it's gone in quite quickly. I've made gallons of tea and kept myself busy. My son, DIL and grandaughter are staying tonight so a quiet evening planned and an early night - we are all exhausted and have cried ourselves dry. It's back to the hospital tomorrow to see the Consultant, we need some answers and I guess we make the funeral arrangements, this is new teritory for all of us and my son and DIL are still in total shock.

I'm fine just very sad and it's been an emotional day.

Love to you all,

Dewdrop :h
              Enjoy today - there will be no other one quite like it....

Comment

September Sanctuary

Dew:l:l,

I cannot fathom the horrible shock you and your family must be in...to be filled with joy when your grandson is born to the heartbreak of losing him so quickly....there are not enough words of comfort that I can give you at this sad time...especially after going through treatment for breast cancer. You mentioned your good friend who you confided in while you were going through radiation....can she stay with you a few days or will your son and DIL be staying with you? I hate to think that you have to go through something so tragic like this all by yourself.

I've thought about this so often....when I am in pain or grieving the loss of someone close to me, that it would be nice to have someone special in my life....someone with whom I can just say, "please just hold me, I am in pain and I am so sad."

I am sending you a PM right now.

This forum is such a special place....it's my safe place....it's the one place I feel I can come and just say, "I'm in pain....I'm angry....I'm tempted to dance with the devil....someone please talk me out of it..." Anything.:h

Love,

Rusty

Comment

September Sanctuary

Dewdrop, I am so sorry to hear about your grandson's passing. Please know I am thinking of you and sending you strength.
                  Formerly known as redhibiscus

Comment

September Sanctuary

Dewdrop, You don't know me, but your grandson, son, DIL and you are in my prayers tonight, as I'm sure they are for many here. The loss of a child is so unfathomable. Wishing you strength and peace. Louise

Comment

September Sanctuary

Good morning everyone

Dewdrop - I hope you managed to get some sleep. My thought and prayers are with you today and I wish you much strength. :l

We are supposed to be being hit by a storm today and the wind is certainly howling outside. I will take Elle for her final walk before she goes to my Parents and hope the weather doesn't delay my flight. Im staying in one of the apartments belonging to McNotso while im away which is wonderful as he has given it to me for free. It's within walking distance of the beach and just 5 mins from where I used to live. Tonight I'm having dinner with two of my closest girlfriends. I wont have any Internet connection but will be taking my iPad as there is wi-fi in the nearby cafe so I will check in when I can.
                      "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                      AF - JAN 1st 2010
                      NF - May 1996

Comment

Working...
                      X