AF Daily ~ Monday, Sept 12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know if I'm developing ang curves but I do know my joints are beginning to loosen up & I find that amazing I'll just keep going & see what develops

I just started reading 'The Hormone Diet' by Natasha Turner ND.
    She writes about a 3-step program to help you lose weight, gain strength, and live younger longer! Basically this is done by eating & taking appropriate supplements where needed to balance all of your hormones. The is for men & for women. balancing your hormones helps boost your metabolism

Marshy, sorry Saturday was so hard on you! Glad you got thru OK! The countryside pic is perfect.

Kaslo, I'm another one who spent years kidding myself about the effects of AL. God knows I took care of plenty of patients with end stage liver & kidney disease. Did I really think I was immune? So grateful that era is OVER!

Just in case anyone else is avoiding dairy like me -
    Yes, you can make delicious Kennett Square Mushroom soup replacing the half & half with almond milk - YUM
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Marshy, that special place looks so beautiful. There is something that seems so free and natural about being scattered above the ground in the midst of beauty. I'm so glad you didn't drink and I'm so glad you have XNGF in your life now. :l

Lav, that book sounds interesting. Would love to hear about your progress! Good to hear that the exercise is loosening things up. :yougo:

Kas, I think I'd rather read what I'm reading than what you're reading too.

No water all afternoon, and maybe not until late this evening. (if then!) So I'm going to eat some dinner, leave the dirty dishes in the sink, and head to the gym for a shower and Sams for more bottled water. Ugh. In the old days I would have been drunk as a skunk before this even started, and this would have been my excuse to pour drinks first thing in the morning tomorrow, and skip class, work, life, etc. I'm so glad I don't live like that any more.

DG
      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Why no water DG????
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

We are in a small section of the outskirts of town services by a little piece of shit water company that is corrupt as all get out, with a crumbling system. Eventually the city will take it over. There are already new pipes running side by side - the city services the big businesses nearby like the race tracks and the big intermodal hub, etc. In the mean time, we are stuck with this crap system. No telling how long it will be out. I can't even imagine what would happen if a tornado ripped through here or something.

Just got back from the gym where I went to take a shower. Thank goodness for that membership!

DG
          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

yikes, bit of a rough night here. been in a bad mood for some reason which started about an hour before I left, then a 5 hour car ride didn't help. got to the hotel here all alone on the company credit card. nobody would know if I drank or not. sitting there at the restaurant dealing with my drinking thoughts and saw the waitress deliver the biggest freaking glass of wine I've ever seen. it must have been a 25oz pour. jeeez where was this place when I was a boozer? the reality did kick in and I realized no matter the size, price, flavor or situation....I do have a responsibility to avoid poisoning myself. whew. just a rough day is all. back in my room getting caught up on stuff.

incidentally I'm in the apricot capital of the world Patterson California. hmmmm

Kas, that's an awesome zoom range. it's an L series lens I'm guessing?

Lav, it's so true that hormones run our bodies. Gary Taubes addresses this in his book 'good calories, bad calories' and cites the examples of native populations that began eating modern foods and where a person has become quite obese on an incredibly calorie restricted diet. this caused quite a bit of head scratching until hormones were better understood and Dr Sears with modeling of eicosanoid reactions.

off to try and fix my iphone. just today it's goin through a cycle of turning itself off and on....and it's non functional. WTF? it's got a poltergeist!
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Hang in there Deter!! I bet the bad mood is because you had to leave your sweet DX so soon after she got home. Good on you for resisting the stinking thinking! BTW-I bet they have a 25 oz glass of water or Ice Tea if you asked......
              Apricot capitol of the world? There's such a thing? Hmmmm.

Marshy-the pic of your mom's final resting place is just beautiful!! I can see why she loved walking there. I hope you get to visit often just to feel her in the wind. Yes, thank goodness you have XNGF! But even better, you have your own strength to beat down the beast and you did it admirably!! Very proud and impressed!!

M3-can't wait to hear more about yoga training!!

DG-crap about the lack of water thing. Hope it clears up very soon and that you get connected to City Water even sooner!! Great job on the assignment. Were you always an overachiever? :H JK-no shame in reaching for the moon, especially at 29!!

Lav-that book sound interesting. I'll have to look for it in my library along with Ekhert Tolle's book that you recommended. First I have to finish "Get Rich Click". Pretty boring but it's very timely and maybe I'll take something away from it.

Uni-glad to see you back online!

Bean-way to go on Day 2. ODAT, OSAT but most of all believe you can do this and believe it's the best thing for you.

LVT-hope all went well for your son today.

IJM-I will take you up on your offer of help. My tropical FW fish all died within 2 weeks of buying them-Ick-and my tank has sat there since. this was back in Feb. I did finally empty all but 2 inches of the water out (managed to flood the living room while doing so!) but have never gotten around to removing all the rocks and decorations. I know I have to boil everything if I want to start over but its too overwhelming right now.
              5 days to go buddy!!

Kas-loved the pics!! The water was so clear and the river rocks so gorgeous! You really do live in a paradise!! You and Greenie!

I am almost caught up at work!!! Whoo Hoo! Can't wait to dig in tomorrow and get started on the last of the leftover items. Resolution: no more procrastination! Set goals every day and meet them.

I met my new doctor today and boy do I like her!! Very personable and listens!! Oh, and I can email her!! I also get to see some of my records and ask for refills online! Finally, I made a good decision! My BP at the end of the visit was the lowest it's ever been! I go back in 3 weeks for blood work and a BP check.

After the appt I went food shopping and by spending only $66 I was able to rack up enough points to get $.30 off per gallon of gas. I was so stoked I even took DD for a nice long walk when I got home. Even had a heart to heart with him about not bullying the other 2 and not going after the cats. We'll see. They say they have the understanding of a 2 yr old.

wow! 11pm already! time for nite nite!
              New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Yep, Det, its L series, but then any 24-105 is i believe. Its really a lovely lens but its taken a beating. I use it for work every day in the field. Have had to have it repaired once all ready. If you ever see one, grab it, it you have a Canon DSLR, its exceptional.

DG how can a water company be corrupt?? Dealing in...what? Contraband H20? Runnin' l'eau du eau across the border? Just kiddink! Seriously though, its a pain to not have water cut off.

Lav you have me thinking I should rejoin Curves here...maybe my arthritis would take it this time if I dont try to kill myself on the machines...???/

Good night all.

kas
                Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Det - way to go on resisting the urges. I felt tempted just reading your description and I am only 2 days over those nasty withdrawals that made me feel pretty horrendous all weekend. Not going back to that remember??!

I had an awesome day floating the river with friends. Saw 2 llamas and 3 naked men sunbathing on a log (yay for zoom lenses, speaking of cameras!)... Did you see those guys yesterday Kas?? Bet you got a secret picture somewhere.

Out for dinner with my friend, enjoyed lots of water, feeling dehydrated after paddling for 3 hours and walked home with relief in my heart that I hadn't had to have the internal struggle of shall I? shan't I?, shall I have more?, when shall I have more?, is there more?, oh god there isn't?, where is still open?, do I have to walk back downtown?, shall I get takeout?, what if my boyfriend arrives at the same time?, maybe I'll steal my housemate's booze?, then I'll have to replace it...what if?, what if? what if?...and then HANGOVER. No thanks.

This girl is very happily AF tonight. Good night all.

Comment

Bean;1176918 wrote: Det - way to go on resisting the urges. I felt tempted just reading your description and I am only 2 days over those nasty withdrawals that made me feel pretty horrendous all weekend. Not going back to that remember??!

I had an awesome day floating the river with friends. Saw 2 llamas and 3 naked men sunbathing on a log (yay for zoom lenses, speaking of cameras!)... Did you see those guys yesterday Kas?? Bet you got a secret picture somewhere.

Out for dinner with my friend, enjoyed lots of water, feeling dehydrated after paddling for 3 hours and walked home with relief in my heart that I hadn't had to have the internal struggle of shall I? shan't I?, shall I have more?, when shall I have more?, is there more?, oh god there isn't?, where is still open?, do I have to walk back downtown?, shall I get takeout?, what if my boyfriend arrives at the same time?, maybe I'll steal my housemate's booze?, then I'll have to replace it...what if?, what if? what if?...and then HANGOVER. No thanks.

This girl is very happily AF tonight. Good night all.
                    Marvellous. :h

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Working...
                    X