Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Tuesday Sept 13

Good evening Abbies!

Had a nice lunch with my old friends & my daughter went along as well. They were thrilled meeting Lily for the first time Lily managed to snatch a french fry from her Mom's plate ~ the smile on her face tasting it was priceless!
    Despite a few health problems over the years these old people do pretty well. I think good old fashioned clean living has kept them going. They have a camper & travel all around even to this day

jenny, it's time to just say NO to the voices.......
    Take charge & don't listen to anymore BS!!!!!

LVT, glad to hear things went well for your son!

Hello to everyone else........Lav is falling asleep here!!!
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Had a good day and then some kick-ass cravings began around 6pm. I tried to use my tools - ate some nuts in the afternoon as witching hour started to approach, kept drinking water, deliberately walked away from the liquor store, took some L-Glut as soon as I got home, tried to distract myself, ate some protein, logged on here, finally cracked an AF beer and then...poured a very small Scotch. And then a very small Sherry. (And I do mean small, probably less than a shot of each).

The good news is that I stopped there. I've got some tea and chocolate and I'm going to get an early night. Not happy that I caved but VERY happy that I kept the intake so minimal.

At least will wake up unhung and ready to fight another properly AF day tomorrow.
      Bean

Comment

whew. 8 hours driving and made it to another hotel.

Bean, glad you're ok. I don't keep any AL in my house because the threat and horror of another binge is just too much to bear. just too much to lose so quickly.

be well everyone. zzzzzzzzz
        nosce te ipsum
        (Know Thyself)

Comment

I know Det. That is my plan too but right now I am lodging for a couple of weeks with a friend. I don't know him very well at all, certainly not well enough that I want to divulge my 'problem'. He's been away for the weekend but back tomorrow. Thankfully I've managed to avoid necking his entire liquor cabinet but it's definitely been a struggle. I'll be glad when his presence back here is another deterrent and also some company. Two bonuses.

You're right about how much there is to lose and how quickly. Happy to say I enjoyed my cuppa, am pleasantly tired and going to hit the sack. Disaster averted for tonight. Phew!

Comment

Working...
          X