AF Daily Wednesday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily Wednesday

Doggie – thanks for sharing your insight. The people of this thread whether your are 3 years AF or 3 days AF – you have made the conscience decision to take control of your life. That should be applauded. I love hearing stores from the more seasoned here. Before I start getting hate mail; when I say seasoned I don’t mean in age – I mean in experience AF. However, I also like hearing the stores, the trials, and the struggles of the ones that are just getting started. I think this makes us all stronger and either gives us something that we can relate to or look forward to. That’s my story anyway.

Pap – I am at that point that AL is poison. I still have a way to go though. I know that I don’t want to go back to that dark place. And I know that the last time I said just one, I failed on a large scale. By the way, awesome job on the PT job. That is way cool.

Grennie – I can wonder around the man store all day. Mrs. IJM can send me in to buy a light bulb and I will spend hours looking at crap that I never knew I even needed. It’s almost like watching a fishing show on TV. No one ever says “Hey, I’m gonna spend an hour watching two guys fish”. However, if I am channel surfing and pause for more than 10 seconds on the fish channel, I’m engrossed for at least an hour!

I need to gets dinner started. Talk to you all later. And remember, when everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.

IJM

Comment

AF Daily Wednesday

Hillbilly Handfishing! That is all.
      New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

AF Daily Wednesday

Hi again all fABbies!

Marshy - thanks for you feedback. Also, that article was interesting. I've been in that loop too.

P3 - CONGRATS on the job!!! :yougo: I am so happy for you getting some good news!! It's about time!!

Bean, the journey to sobriety has been a humbling one and one of introspection for me. I don't know that there is one "right way" or "wrong way" for everyone to handle who they tell, etc. What I DO know is that the truth is better for me than lies. There are also just some lines of thinking in my own head that I have learned to question - for good reason. I am just flat out full of it sometimes.

LVT - I can't even imagine what it would be like to try to deal with teenager stuff AND manage drinking. While telling them not to do it. Ugh.

Lav I am sorry you are still having hotflash weather!!! :upset:

Treya...ITALY!!! I've never been but hope to someday!

Greenie, you need a house boy. That is all. You deserve one!!! :crowned:

Where's Det?

Shout out to anyone I missed and all fABbies unchecked for the day.

Whew. I'm tired. Nighty night all!

DG
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

AF Daily Wednesday

IJM, I'm still trying to figure out the cuffing the one armed man thing :H
          Like DG, I only have very occasional fleeting thoughts about AL. But it has become habit to automatically switch my thinking to 'NO, I don't do that anymore'!!!!! Hang in there & you will get to that point as well

Greenie - the man jobs around here are endless, thankless, tiring, boring, etc, etc.
          I don't know what to say or think about this stuff

Bean, I can't say there was any relief in admitting my problem to others. I did it, said I would take care of it, I did & then dropped the conversation. I really was hoping that some would take my cue & clean up their own personal BS.....but didn't. I guess we're just all different. I knew I wasn't going to receive any support so I didn't ask for any. In the end, it just didn't matter! I'm happy with the way I turned out

Hope everyone has a good night!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF Daily Wednesday

Pap - that is called "noodling" and I am ashamed that I actually know that. Google noodling catfish....

Comment

AF Daily Wednesday

Cross Post Lav. I can’t wait till I’m at the station in life where you are that you can just turn it off. I really am looking forward to that.

By the way Bean – I was up front with those closest to me. Not to advertise that I was fixing myself. More to sort of say “guys, I’m messed up but I am changing that. If you see me acting weird, know that that is what it is. And please don’t offer me a drink…” Said it once and that was it. I talked to my oldest son about it so he can learn from my mistakes. Finally, told Mrs. IJM about it and discuss it a lot with her because he is my wife, my support, and my best friend.

Night all!
              IJM

Comment

AF Daily Wednesday

Noodling? Catfish?

CONGRATULATIONS PAPM3 !!!! YAY! Good luck, P, hope you dont work yourself too hard. VERY proud of you right now.

IJM I wish I could say that I am completely in the clear, but I still have thoughts of perhaps maybe I could just sort of, but they are only thoughts. I have AL around me at home, in the fridge, cupboard, pantry etc, and it doesnt matter if its there to me at all. The thoughts have gotten less and less frequent. I certainly never get cravings, just an inkling, kind of like how DG described it, where it pops into my head and back out again. I sometimes wonder if attending here at this site every day keeps it fresh in my mind too much and if I didnt come here, the thoughts of AL would simply dissapear, but I love this group too much to not check in, I feel a connection with the people here now. And I dont think there is anything wrong with giving thanks every day for growing out of my dependency on AL.

Bean, I dont really feel I need to make any announcements to anyone. I just say no thank you if it even comes up. Mostly it does not. No one cares if you are drinking water, perrier or a double scotch. Its all in your head, really it is. So....I dont even bother telling anyone, including old friends. Most of them havent a clue. Most of them didnt know I was a hoser (at least thats what I THINK, ha ha), and the ones that do know, are way too polite and kind to dwell on it. Its like the fact that I had a speech impediment when I was a kid. No one says a damned thing about it, if they know. "So hows the old no more dystonia going for you Kas? " As IF! So the fact that I quit because i used to drink way too much is obviously VERY important to me, deep down inside, and to people who also struggle with dependancy, they recognize the issue for sure, but they dont want to dwell on it and the rest of the universe could not give a rats ass. Really.

Kaslo of the not yet painted Adirondack chairs and bench. Whats with that?
                Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

AF Daily Wednesday

ugh, finally home and sooo tired and sunburned. but I'm alive and AF, so there.

Kas, just thrilled for your 8 months, you rock-o-la girlfriend!

IJM, ooooorah! from another chili-head. standing in the blazing sun today drinking hot Starbucks and eating jalepenos from a condiment tray at a barby-Q (ok, I have a problem)

Uni, did your friend's condition stabilize? I sure hope so. please try to rest if you can. xxxx

Lav, I agree on Dr Oz, he's pretty good and has a really good attitude but he's very mainstream and is fearful of rocking the boat.

Italy! my dream is to get DX and I there. some day!

DoggyGirl. woof! LOL sorry, I had something to say but my brain has gone on tilt.

be well everyone,
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

AF Daily Wednesday

Papmom, so happy you scored that job! good timing indeed
                    nosce te ipsum
                    (Know Thyself)

Comment

AF Daily Wednesday

Kaslo;1177670 wrote: I have AL around me at home, in the fridge, cupboard, pantry etc, and it doesnt matter if its there to me at all. The thoughts have gotten less and less frequent. I certainly never get cravings, just an inkling, kind of like how DG described it, where it pops into my head and back out again.
                      Ditto. Now that I think about it, I believe there a a few beers buried in the back of the fridge. And I have real live sherry, madiera, vermouth, etc. to cook with and wouldn't consider drinking them. I don't think about it. That said, I am going to a family birthday do this weekend and have found myself playing it up in my head. I will be in a position to decline and probably more than once. These are not aquaintances, but I haven't seen them since I quit. This goes back to your question bean. And I wonder if you posed it from the place you are now. In the beginning I felt relief through my friends accepting my not drinking and their willingness to engage in AF activities with me just to spend time with me. I was fearful that wouln't be the case - you know how insecure we can be. It's different down the road. I own it in a sense of it being a part of who I am, not something I feel warrants admission or acceptance. So back to the party. It already came up and I was suprised that "I don't care if there is champagne, I quit drinking again" is what came out of my mouth. "AGAIN" AGAIN!! Why did I say AGAIN? I was alarmed initially because I felt like I portrayed myself as a struggling alcoholic. Hate that thought. I realize that is alky thinking and I don't know what the listener thought. Probably nothing. Like kaz mentioned, we play that shit up in our heads. What I think is what matters.

I hope those of you that made it this far enjoyed your sandwich.

PS Kaz EFT is emotional freedom technique, based on accupressure meridians & brain stimulus. I think. I haven't explored it much.
                      EFTUniverse.com
                      The Tapping Solution: EFT Documentary Film | Home
                      sigpic
                      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Working...
                      X