Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily ~ Friday 9/16

Hello, Hello!!!!

Zooming off to Curves then back here for EB's 10 am arrivial for a fun filled weekend with Mi Mom

Have a great day one & all!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

AF Daily ~ Friday 9/16

Lav, I smiled when I read on yesterdays thread about "just the two of you" for a couple of days. I bet EB LOVES his special time with Mi Mom! Your words about getting tired of breaking promises to youself, etc. resonated with me as well. I've been abusing myself with food lately and it really needs to stop. The only one who can do it is me.

Hello fABbies - hope everyone has a great day! Special Friday shout out to Jenny and special "just for today" shout out to Bean and anyone else who nees a little extra AF vibe today!

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

AF Daily ~ Friday 9/16

Hi guys,

I too have been pigging out on crap food lately - don't know what's wrong with me but I got a lot of fresh fruits and veggies at the market yesterday so plan on having a healthy eating day today.

Super tired even though I slept well last night. I think the hectic mornings are just difficult on me. My daughter is miserable in the mornings and getting her out the door without yelling can be a bit of a challenge but I'm trying. Once they are gone I just feel like blah..........

Had a dream about my high school boyfriend last night. He was the one that got away. Pops into my mind every once in a while but haven't dreamed about him in years. I guess that first love stays with you forever, eh?

Anyway, no al for me today. Not sure what is on the agenda just yet, it is starting to get chilly here in Ontario, fall weather is definitly on the way.

Shout out to all those struggling and needing some extra AF Love.

Have a good one guys.
      Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
      :h

Comment

AF Daily ~ Friday 9/16

Hello friends,

I was thinking yesterday how I have given up my efforts to even try to eat or cook healthy meals and exercise. My excuse is that I am too busy, but it probably has more to do with laziness and just not making it a habit. I am also now very addicted to coffee in the morning. I can't imagine starting my day without it. As a matter of fact, you don't really want to even be around me until I have a cup. What bothers me, is the fact that these things are true, yet I kind of just shrug them off, but know I need to do better....reminds me of when I was drinking and smoking. I knew it was unhealthy, I knew I was setting a bad example, I knew it was making me unhappy....yet I kept putting off quitting. For years.
        It took something pretty scary to get me to give it up for good. Deja Vu?
        So how do we find the motivation and drive to do the things we know we need to do?

With this colder weather, I can just feel myself slowing down and dragging. No sun=no energy. More comfort food. If I don't get into a healthier routine I will be 20 pounds heavier by spring. I think I will start with an exercise meditation on my MP3 at night. It is kind of like the MWO cd's. Thank God the sun is suppose to come out this weekend!

#1 son got his tattoo. It is not something I would choose, but it's ok. I'm glad that is over. On to the next trial and tribulation with that child.

Today I am browning 10 pounds of burger for both opposing and our football teams after the game tonight (even though my son is not on the team anymore.) Plus a couple pans of rice krispie bars. I'm making ham and bean soup for my friend with cancer, I need to can a big batch of tomatoes, and go to work. With the weather we have had, I haven't worked at the cemetery much this week. The moisture is going to make it so much better to seed some grass. That season is about over. Hubby just came home from work to take #2 son to doctor for his sore throat. That helps a ton I don't have to fit that into my schedule.

Have a great sober weekend all!:h
        The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

AF Daily ~ Friday 9/16

Good morning Fabbers, I see a round of either sad sack blas or out the door whirlwinds. I am somewhere in between. Maybe a wind in a sac, here. A bag of farts in other words. And that is because I was up and down like a brides nightie last night. I am worried about a client who had me drop everything and go off to an explosion site at great expense, and is making me wait past three months to get paid. I so much hate having to nag big companies to pay me. Im just a little indie (independant contractor), and when it comes to being paid, I sometimes fall through the cracks. Oh well, guess I will have to GET UGLY. :b&d: Ha ha. As if. Usually end up joking with those eegits.

LV and Uni, have you considered that you might be low on Vitamin D? (Sometimes being a toxicologist comes in handy). What you are describing to me sounds a lot like a D minus to me. Its what I got in physics in University, too. But the other D. Vitamin D.
          Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

AF Daily ~ Friday 9/16

Hi All

Today is going to be a GOOD day. It has started well...I have work, I have lunch and a hike with a friend and then another friend coming over for supper.

I spent some time reading the Tool Box yesterday which helped. Thanks Kas and others for the suggestion. I have been imagining this latest bout with AL almost like being strangled. It's both the AL itself AND the thought of quitting that I am fighting against. It's been a pretty violent struggle because I know this part of my life actually has to die.

I am completely clear that continuing to drink isn't an option. It's now a case of stepping into The AF Void and conjuring up all the excitement and joy I can at the new life that awaits me.

One little step at a time...
            Bean

Comment

AF Daily ~ Friday 9/16

Alooooha Friday ABeroooos!

I'm so grateful to be home, AF and in my sweeties arms. sigh

ditto Kas on the vit D. especially the D3. link to tons of info

Vitamin D Resource Page | Resources for More Information on Vitamin D

Bean, you sound very good today and I'm loving the 'tude!

when I finally released my grip on the slippery elusive monster that is moderate drinking, a great calm overtook me. I could go on, but that's it in a nutshell.

crap food, whats up with that lately? I've also fallen off the Paleo plan this week and I know why. driving insane hours, life on the road and doing tradeshows that have no proper eating facilities. when I eat sugar and 'fluffy' carbs I can really feel the mental effects. it reminds me very much of AL and it's pretty creepy. so last night I made a healthy chicken braise with rosehips and dried chilis. my interpretation of a Mexican chicken soup. and this morning it's eggs with Greek olives and sun dried tomatoes, patty-pan squash and fresh garlic! yepper, gotta start your day out right.

ok, off to adventure

be well peeps and all to come
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

AF Daily ~ Friday 9/16

special video. something beautiful and unusual. if in a hurry, fast forward to 2:20

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=WK2LpUoqX6A&vq=medium[/video]]333 Nina Salerosa - YouTube
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

AF Daily ~ Friday 9/16

Wow Det - that vid nearly gave me a heart attack!!!!!! I love the background music. Was that G-man??? :h

Formula for change = Sufficient Effort + Sufficient Time.

Expecing chang to be easy and "right now" doesn't work - at least not with the AL battle.

DG
                  Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                  Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

AF Daily ~ Friday 9/16

Gman has indeed swam with sharks, but I've never pet one! maybe in a future episode of 'the adventures of Garlic Man'. stay tuned.

hmmm fighting feelings of depression last few days. not good. may just be a combination of being overwhelmed with work, lack of exercise, crap food and watching our nation going down the toilet.

sigh. must do something to change my course of thought
                    nosce te ipsum
                    (Know Thyself)

Comment

AF Daily ~ Friday 9/16

I hear ya Det on the depression front. I've been overwhelmed as well. And the dream of my lost first love last night didn't help.............I guess they always say you never forget your first love. And on the homefront with me not getting the affection I need I guess it has hit me harder than it should of. Stupid I know but hey, emotions are @##$@ up little things aren't they.

aaaaaaaaaaauuuuuuuuuuuugggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh

Okay, that helped!
                      Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
                      :h

Comment

AF Daily ~ Friday 9/16

Uni.... :l You are SO loved!! Here ya go ~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4c1woKwjWw&feature=related[/video]]You can relax now_Shaina Noll - YouTube

Det, quit watching the news.
                        sigpic
                        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

AF Daily ~ Friday 9/16

Oh, I can so relate to the crap eating lately. I am so glad to see I am not the only one (in a good way, sorry).

I'm bored. I think that I will go and clean out some clutter from the bedrooms and storage room upstairs. I am going to do a big haul to Goodwill tomorrow. It will feel so good!!! How does one seem to accumulate so much stuff? This will be my 2nd haul to Goodwill in a year.

Nice to see everyone. Hugs to all who are in need today! xo

Comment

AF Daily ~ Friday 9/16

Det: "Give me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change......." Crap eating and lack of exercise are totally within your power to do something about. Work, well that might take a little longer and bigger changes. Our Nation? 2012 Baby!! That's about all we can do about it!!
                            Great video!! I wish I could be hypnotized so easily!!

AFM-so good to see you! How is the new job going? Can you come to my house after your decluttering? I've got a few rooms for ya!!

Uni-I hate those kind of dreams-so unsettling but it meant something. Now if only could figure out what!!

Bean-Saying goodbye to AL forever sure isn't easy but when you start thinking of it in terms of poison and fast forwarding to what it does to your body and mind during imbibing, right after and down the road I think it becomes a little easier to accept.

LVT-do you every give yourself a day off???? Jeez, you made me exhausted just reading about your day today! Hope the grub went over well.

Lav-a whole weekend with EB!! Whoopee!! You should take a video for us!! Aren't you just loving this cool weather? My fav season!

Kas-is it fall in BC too? Shame on that company for not paying you. Hope they got the arse whipping they deserved (after they paid you LOL!)

Class went well today sort of. I think I gave my student assistant too much leeway and he pretty much monopolized the whole hour! He isn't the most animated of personalities so I could see the other students tuning out. Will have to try something different next week. Its amazing the level of stress these kids are under. Was I like that????

Will try to get to sleep earlier tonite. Must be up at 4am for our trip tomorrow. ugh.
                            New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

AF Daily ~ Friday 9/16

Hi all, sorry everyone seems to be feeling off. I jst got the news from the sister of my step mom / that Helen just died of acute / chronic liver failure due to the massive cirhhosis, and toxicosis at 2 PM today. The concensus is it was a response to 40 years of "moderate" drinking of wine, or so she said. So sad. Only 71.
                              Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Working...
                              X