Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily ~ Friday 9/16

Hey all!

I have a few minutes to myself! Turns out my son had a bit of free time between his shifts so he came & took EB out for a bit It's nice that father & son get to spend some alone time too!

This cool weather absolutely rocks papmom :yay:
    I hope your long drive is a good one this weekend, drive safely!

Kaslo, I am currently taking 2000 IU of D3/day. Had my level tested last year & it was just slightly low but because I already have the dreaded Osteoporosis I was told to up my D intake. I'm having a retest Nov. 1.

Hope everyone who was feeling out of sorts this morning is OK now
    I swear it's something that just goes around - I had it last week
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF Daily ~ Friday 9/16

crap, a P51 mustang just crashed here at the air races and landed in the bleachers where the crowd was watching. eeeeeek! 6 ambulances and counting... I guess my day isn't so bad after all.

Kas, so sorry to hear the beast has claimed someone close to you.

Lav, so glad your getting some refreshing weather!
      nosce te ipsum
      (Know Thyself)

Comment

AF Daily ~ Friday 9/16

Awww Kas, I'm so sorry! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I'm glad you got to see her one last time. :l

Det-how horrible! I hope there weren't any fatalities. Prayers going out to NM.

Lav-I have my down comforter on my bed tonite!! yipee! And yet, I HATE winter!
        New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

AF Daily ~ Friday 9/16

looks like at least a dozen fatalities. I heard a report that hospitals are expecting beds for 80 to 100. oh man. not good. this will probably be the end of the air races in Reno. People are already expecting that in light of this tragedy.
          nosce te ipsum
          (Know Thyself)

Comment

AF Daily ~ Friday 9/16

Hugs, to you Kaslo. It is sooooo scary at what alcohol does to our bodies!!! I am scared shitless of liver disease or failure moreso than my whole cancer thing. Seriously! I am sorry for your loss.

Papmom, the job is awesome!!!! LOOOOVE it. I cannot imagine any better job for me. And, I will come over and clean out your rooms of clutter. BUT, there is only one thing I ask in return. To sleep in your pink trailer!!!!! K?

Deter - that is horrible!!! OMG!

It is only 7:20 here and I am already thinking about going to bed. I am wiped right out. Decluttering is hard work and I managed to pack up 4 garbage bags of just clothing!!! HOLY SMOKERS!!! That will go along with the already 4 bags I packed up a couple of months ago I had in storage. Then there is an older microwave, 4 decent chairs, and 2 bags of toys that are in good condition. My house is looking on the lean side now. I am feeling like a very happy AFM! So off to the Goodwill tomorrow.

Then next weekend, I must shop (tee hee) to replace some clothing with winter ones for me and Little AFM.

K - off to bed to read. xoxox

Comment

AF Daily ~ Friday 9/16

Kaz, sorry to hear your sad news. :l

Det, geez were/are you there? What a horrific thing to happen.

P3, congrats on getting that job!

Hi AFM!
              sigpic
              Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

AF Daily ~ Friday 9/16

AFM, I've been joining you in de-clutter mode. it seems to be helping my mood and state of mind.

Greenie, no I wasn't there, I'm about 18 miles south of the tragedy. the town is quite shaken up of course, and I'm sure will be for a few days.
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

AF Daily ~ Friday 9/16

Thanks so ,uch Det, P3 and AFM for your kind thoughts. Its so unfair. My charming funny beautiful step mom went from near death to slight improvement several times since she had the operation on her knee and had that rare bleed that some alkies have following surgery. I thought she WAS getting better, but she had just damaged her liver too much, I guess. Watching her get worse and worse, when she is really only six years older than my oldest brother was really hard. A totally preventable death. Its really because of her that I quit. I just could not believe how totally messed up a person gets inside from many years of AL abuse. Watching her die like this has been horrible, and I didnt want to scare or put people off, but really none of you folks want to go this way. I am mad at the AL industry, the government, the medical community for soft pedalling it. Alcohol is the 3rd largest cause of death in the US, and I am sure it is very big in Canada too, but its not recognized as much as it should be.

I hope some day people will be able to not feel shame about AL abuse, enough to seek treatment and to get support and help, instead of the way Helen felt. Yes it was her own fault, but she was from a generation who hid problem drinking. If only I had known, I could have done something about it.
                  Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

AF Daily ~ Friday 9/16

Kaslo, we cross posted earlier.....
                    so sorry to hear about Helen, happy she is at peace now.
                    I have watched people die in that manner & it certainly is not something you would wish on anyone. I get angry too about what AL does to people, wish is was more tightly regulated & not glorified as it is.

Det, I get 'Breaking News' emails from CNN (fortunately or not) & have been reading about that air crash - what a tragedy.

Guess I should think about calling it a day
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF Daily ~ Friday 9/16

Thanks Lavande, I know you probably of all of us are aware of how horrible a death from liver failure caused by alchoholism is. Its gruesome.

Thanks so much for your support.

I guess to me the really appauling thing is that the medical community went along with research that showed that a couple of drinks a day is GOOD for your heart. Just the excuse us akies needed, right? Now I see thats being rolled back a bit to ONE drink a day for women. But the damage has been done. I wonder how many people used that as carte blanche to get hosed every day???
                      Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

AF Daily ~ Friday 9/16

thankfully it appears there are not as many fatalities in the crash than first reported. a lot of injuries though.

Kas, frightening stuff: Alcohol is the 3rd largest cause of death in the US

it doesn't surprise me sadly. I also wish for a time when we can discuss this toxin and our addiction to it sanely and openly without the stigma and social awkwardness.
                        nosce te ipsum
                        (Know Thyself)

Comment

AF Daily ~ Friday 9/16

Quick pop in....

Kas I am so sorry about your friend's passing. The subject of AL and drinkers is a frustrating one for so many front line medical professionals. Most do NOT understand addiction so therefore find us frustrating. And even the ones who do....well...we are such liars. I know I never told the truth about my drinking to a medical professional. They can't exactly give us good advice if we don't tell them the truth. We don't make it easy for them to proactively help us until they can see our lies on our liver enzyme tests, etc.

Alcohol or drugs are involved in 50% of "accidents" presented at emergency rooms.

Det - I don't know what "air racing" is but I'm so sorry about the accident. I live near the Chicagoland Speedway complex which as a Nascar oval track and also a big drag strip. So far we have not had any huge tragedies. This one in Reno sound really really bad. I'm glad you found something to do to raise your mood Det. Sometimes just getting out of our own heads and realizing our problems really AREN'T so bad is good therapy all by itself.

I'm off to volunteer at the Rally 'Round Recovery event today. The event brings together many facets of addiction treatment in our community. People in recovery, people seeking recovery, treatment providers, families, politicians, etc. One of my AA pals who is now a working comedian is the emcee for all the speaking parts of the event so that should be fun. Another AA friend will be a speaker telling his story of addiction and recovery. Another guy I met not to long ago will be speaking. He is a retired police officer and a few years ago he lost a teenage son to heroin OD. He and another local man who lost a son the same way started an organization to raise awareness about the increasing use of heroin by teens in our neck of the woods, etc. I hope people are listening. Heroin is so scary now days because it's much more pure and therefore does not require needles. So one of the major "turnoffs" is no longer a deterent.

Anyway.. zoom zoom. Have a great day everyone.

DG
                          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
                          X