X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Saturday

Morning abbers!

Det, that's awful about the crash.

To everyone who was having challenges yesterday I hope today is a better day.

I fell asleep at 9pm! And my daughter had a friend over for a sleepover to boot, not sure how I managed to fall asleep, they must have been quiet.

Today is a pretty relaxing day, I am feeling better, no dreams last night.

One thing is for sure today............

Love and hugs,
    uni
    Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
    :h

AF Daily - Saturday

Fabarooooos!

Thanks for the start uni ~ glad you feel better today!

:groupluv: for everyone coping with their "stuff" yesterday. May today be a mega-mojo day!

I slept late in a deep sleep and practically stumbled to yoga. Love that class! What a great way to start the day. Going to the river in a moment and then possibly to an annual greek festival downtown on my way to the relative's birthday dinner extravaganza. The festival is at a new ...... what is a greek church called? A temple? Anyway it is really impressive and this would be a good opp to check it out up close. And the food is always really good. I'm taking amusement park clothes with me for the possiblility of stopping and riding roller coasters all afternoon on the way home tomorrow. It's $$ so I'm on the fence about it. I probably won't be able to resist.

Last night I went to a uni play by David Mamet, "Oleanna". One of those that leave you thinking about the 2 sides of the story at the end. Very good. I really like the student productions at the lab theatre It's in a small room (called the black box), sort of bare bones staging. And it's only $5

Have a satisfying saturday!
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

AF Daily - Saturday

Hi Uni & Greenie & all to come,

I've been going to sleep really early and sleeping well lately too. Change of season maybe? Somebody nearby has bought a cockerel and it wakes the neighbourhood up bright and early. Every time I hear it I think why would anyone want a cockerel in the middle of London? Oh well, nowt so queer as folk.

I've been back at work all week (and today). At first it was nice to get back into the groove but now it feels weird to be back to "normal" when things have changed so dramatically.

Hoping to get out of here in about five hours and meet GF for dinner, possibly in our favourite Turkish place. We were thinking of going to see a film but there doesn't seem to be much on at the mo. Just been reading about a Cuban zombie film that's doing the rounds at the film festivals - can't wait for that to go mainstream, if it does.

Greenie - ask a Greek foodie about "wild greens". Delicious. (Well, delicious when I had them in Greece, don't know how well they "travel").

Papmom - congrats on the new job!

Have a peaceful day everyone
      sigpic
      AF since December 22nd 2008
      Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

AF Daily - Saturday

Hey Abbers!

Have had a rip roaring fun-filled day with EB so far :H
        Unfortunately he decided to start our day at 6 am.....
        I think I'm might indulge in a touch of afternoon (real) coffee - just for today so I can keep up with him :H

Hello to Uni, Greenie, Marshy & everyone! Glad everyone has found something interesting to o this weekend - keeps us out of trouble, right??
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF Daily - Saturday

Happy AF'ing Saturday me loverlies!

Uni, thanks for the kickstart, relaxing is good. I'll join you there

Greenie, what a fun-filled post! you're rocking it bigtime

Lav, I'll pour you a cup. just made a whole pot of espresso. bing! boing! zing!

Feeling better today, and very motivated so I've been working on the house and got in a heavy bag workout. going to do some ham radio stuff with friends this afternoon for fun.

wishing you all a fabulous and tasty Saturday sans alcool.

be well
          nosce te ipsum
          (Know Thyself)

Comment

AF Daily - Saturday

Marshy, is a cockeral a bird or a dog. like a cockeral spaneral

hey, I'm pet retarded....but I want to know
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

AF Daily - Saturday

Det :H :H :H
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF Daily - Saturday

Where's DG??

I have just emailed my parents about how awful my problem is. I think maybe I need rehab or meds or something. Nothing is working anymore. Today my BF told me that he doesn't want to be around me when I'm drunk/drinking - fair enough.

Wow, life is hard right now. But I'm going to keep on keeping on xxx

Comment

AF Daily - Saturday

Bean;1179003 wrote: Where's DG??

I have just emailed my parents about how awful my problem is. I think maybe I need rehab or meds or something. Nothing is working anymore. Today my BF told me that he doesn't want to be around me when I'm drunk/drinking - fair enough.

Wow, life is hard right now. But I'm going to keep on keeping on xxx
                  Bean, I truly believe this honesty with your parents and yourself is such an important turning point. I truly believe you have done the right thing. If you can get some time in rehab, I hope you go for it. Some nice healing time without all the distractions of the everyday world might be a really good thing.

I remember when my husband told me (many more times than once) that he didn't like me / couldn't stand me when I was drinking/drunk. That really hurts, I know. But it was also the truth and I needed to hear it in order to get on the path to freedom.

:l

DG
                  Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                  Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
                  X