AF Daily - Sunday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Sunday

ItsJustMe;1179147 wrote: Good morning all!

I have one thing to say. It’s not a big deal. But just needs to be said…

60 FREAKING DAYS ALCOHOL FREE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy crap! I think I will go spray paint that on an overpass somewhere! I feel awesome! My liver sent me a thank you note yesterday!

Dudes – I’ve never done drugs but the closest I can relate to a high is 60 days AF!

We went out to dinner with another couple last evening that are our closest friends. We went to a pretty expensive restaurant. They are known for their wine selection and also have a pretty nice bar. I drank my unsweet tea and had a great time. AL was not even a passing thought until later… I say later because I think I built 60 days up so high in my head that I dreamed that last night I forgot I was AF and drank a lot at dinner only to realize I messed up. It was so real that when I woke up this morning I had to set on the side of the bed and try to remember that that did not happen!

But I feel awesome this morning. I have a big day planned doing some more work on the man cave. Today I am installing recessed speakers so I have to run wiring in the walls and ceiling.

Have a great day and I’ll check in later to see what all are up to!

Take care!
    IJM

P.S. New countdown in signature updated to my new goal…
    To me 60 days is a big deal. CONGRATULATIONS! https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9...ml#post1179224
    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

AF Daily - Sunday

Hapyy unhung Sunday ABenators across the fruited plains!!!!!!!!!

special manly hugs for IJM for accomplishing a wonderful milestone. Extra hot wings for you buddy!

Bean, what you are experiencing is mourning. you realize something so huge and important in your life has to go, and it's very overwhelming at first. this feeling will come and go but please know it really DOES get better. mourn this loss, and learn new coping skills and just put one in front of the other for now. try not to overthink the process at this point, just hang with us and be good to yourself. if you can get to rehab that's awesome. I did a brief 3-day stint in detox in 2007 and they took really good care of me and I learned a lot in that short time.

Papmom, your so energized and positive! woooooo!

DoggyGirl, the first I ever knew of meth was in Hawaii when I noticed one of my employees smoking a strange looking pipe WHILE driving a fork-truck. yep, didn't even bother to put it in park. yikes.
      Meth has become a huge problem in Hawaii for some reason and it's truly a horrid and lamentable addiction. It makes people irrationally violent and remorseless, like zombies.

Drifty, good to see you here chat buddy

hugs and cheers to each and everyone xxxxxxx

be well
      nosce te ipsum
      (Know Thyself)

Comment

AF Daily - Sunday

Good afternoon Abbers!

I actually did go to church today but today was Lily's christening
        Both families went out to brunch afterwards. I didn't see any AL but I wasn't really looking either. I'm glad my son was able to get someone to cover the first half of his 24 shift for him so he could attend. Pictures later

IJM - CONGRATS to you! 60 awesome AF days!!!!

Bean, sorry you are having such a bad time. I wish you could stop fighting the beast. It all gets much simpler when you just stop trying to control something we cannot control :l

Hello to Uni, DG, papmom, Treya, LVT & anyone I missed!
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF Daily - Sunday

:H :H deter!! I just spent the last 3 hours napping! So much for having so much energy! I feel like a zombie today and now the day is pretty much gone. I've done one load of laundry and worked on my budget. It's so beautiful out there today too. Maybe I'll get somewhat dressed, tame the bed head and sit outside for a few.
          New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

AF Daily - Sunday

((((Bean)))) Can you call a friend and ask for help this afternoon? Someone who can sit with you and just hold your hand and help you through today?

IJM....CONGRATULATIONS ON 60 DAYS!!! IT'S A BIG F'IN' DEAL!!!!!! That is all.

Greenie - I too love reading about your adventures. I would love to spend an evening with you someday wandering around an artsy event or something and just seeing where the breeze takes us.

P3 - WOW that farm sounds awesome. I've always been facinated by herding. Good that you are resting today!!! I'm studying for a midterm but it's cloudy / rainy here and believe me, the bed and bad to worse channel are callin' my name!

Treya, How much longer are you in italy?

Lav - can't wait for the Christening pics!!! You must be so proud of your family.

Det - Meth is :egad: There are people who come to the mission for food who I'm pretty sure are tweakers. Very sad these highly addictive things. Are you still revelling in happiness with Dx home from burning man? Or is life back to normal now? Or maybe all that ___________:h IS normal!

Drifty!!!! So happy to see you post here! You are always welcome and we would love to see more of you! You are fABulous, no doubt about it!

Kas, I hope Helen's sister can come to realize that we can only help alcoholics who are SEEKING help. There is absolutely nothing we can do for an alcoholic who does not want our help. I hope she isn't flogging herself over that. (and I hope you aren't either...) :l

Uni - happy unhung Sunday!!

LVT - My hat is so off to you for somehow juggling work, family, household, garden, in-laws AND CANNING!!!! You are Canning Woman to Det's Garlic Man!!! I can see how it is SO IMPORTANT for kids to get the message that if they are at a party and something goes wrong (i.e. health crisis - OD on drugs or AL) DIAL 9-1-1. It really can be life and death.

Well, break over and back to the books. Hope everyone is having a great one!

DG
            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
            Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

AF Daily - Sunday

Waz up Dudes & Dudettes –

Finally got the speaker system wired and hooked up today. It was a total PIA but it looks pretty good. I can now pipe internet radio into the man cave and control the volume from the wall. Doesn't look half bad for a non-pro!

Bean – I know exactly how you feel. Here are a few of things you might try that I found successful:
              1) Get the right mind set. You need to be pissed off at the situation. Getting mad will really help your resolve. ‘I’m sick of feeling this way. I’m gonna do something about it if I have to take a hostage to do so!”
              2) Get the crap out of the house during the witching hour. I had a very set schedule. Cocktail time started promptly at 6PM. So, at 6PM I was anywhere that Bacardi was not. I’d go to the mall, go to Home Depot and walk around, take Mrs. IJM out to dinner. Whatever. I just had to get away.
              3) There are two schools of thought here. Some go natural and some go with meds. There is a good argument either way. My personal choice was to see a physician and get a script for Antibuse. For me, that drug took the drinking debate totally out of my head. It’s really simple math – I drink = I get really sick.
              4) Substitute the cocktails with something similar. When I got a craving, I would make peach iced tea. I use the same glass and it takes about the same amount of time to make.
              5) Reward yourself. I’d set myself very small goals. If I can make it two days then during cocktail time I will go get a McFlurry. If I can get through the week, I will download that new game.
              6) Be good to yourself. I started going to bed much earlier and started reading a lot in bed.
              7) Tell someone close to you what is up. I was really embarrassed to tell my wife and best friend of my problem. However once it was out they became great support systems.

Ok, that was a few things off the top of my head. I am sure that others on this thread will have even better advice though! The big thing is don’t get discouraged, don’t beat yourself up, and don’t DRINK!

Doggie – sounds like you were really into your element yesterday. Sounds like a great opportunity to learn a lot!

Pap – thanks for the Pink! Dog shows are very bad for me. I volunteered at one once and now I have four Brittany Spaniels that live in my house. One sleeps between me and Mrs. IJM, one at the foot of the bed, and two under the bed!

LVT – I’m making spaghetti as well. My youngest can eat his weight in spaghetti!

Kas – beautiful pic!

Det – no hot wings for a while. It will take my colon at least a month to recover from the last batch.

Hi Treya, Drifty, Lav & Uni.

Off to finish dinner and shoot some pool if my kids will let me near the table. Have a great night all!

IJM

Comment

AF Daily - Sunday

Looks awesome IJM! Hope your kids let you play a game or 2!

I did go outside for about an hour this afternoon-tried to relax on the zero gravity chair and soak up some sun but got antsy. Put DD through some agility drill, then did some manual grass trimming around the pond. Ended up going to Wally World for a few things and then back home. Still was tired so off to dreamland I go.
                New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

AF Daily - Sunday

IJM ~ very nice work. I have a list........
                  Just kidding

My DIL took 120 pics today & I need to sort through them but for now here's Lily & her Mom today.

papmom, you sound jet lagged today after your over done-it day yesterday. Get some rest!
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF Daily - Sunday

One more post for this evening. I have to laugh at myself and thought you might like to as well. Let me be the poster boy for “don’t let this happen to you” in electrical wiring.

Got the man cave all wired. Turned off the lights and started to get ready for bed. Boys both went crazy – “internet is down”. That is a monumental problem in my house!!!

So, I go into the man cave (where the router is), turned on the lights and checked it out. It was functioning fine. Got my laptop out – works fine. Scream up at the boys that all is ok. Turn the lights back off. A few minutes the boys again go crazy. Repeat!

After a few minutes of this I realized that I had wired the light dimmer and wall outlet together! When I was turning off the lights, I was turning off the outlet, which turned off the router. When I would go back and turn on the lights before checking the router, everything would look fine!

So did some 10PM rewiring and now there is peace in the IJM house once again!

Just another example of not taking life too seriously!

Night all!
                    IJM

Comment

AF Daily - Sunday

LOL!!!! IJM now THAT is funny right there!!!:H:H

Your room looks awesome and sounds awesome too I bet!:goodjob:

It was a busy, fairly productive and interesting day full of drama and a bit of humor as well.

While I was canning, there was a show on the National Geographic channel about addictions. The first drug they talked about was Heroin. Hubby was watching it too. That is one scary drug. I just listened to Keith Richard's book in which he talks alot of about the seductiveness of Heroin. Oh, and they talked a bit about Burning Man. I was busy in and out of the room by then so didn't catch all they said. Something about a lot of drugs used there in the artistic community?

Thanks also for the advice about the Vitamin D. I did start taking that last winter and i do think it helped. I am going to get my supps out again and the sunny weather in the forecast will hopefully help too. I had a friend ask me today how I was. She said it seems I look tired and sad a lot lately. I told her I guess I am.

Bean. I hope you feel more hopeful by now. :l:l

Lav, what a beautiful picture of Lily and her mom. I also liked the pics on facebook. Even got a glimpse of YB I think? What a lovely day for you.

Good night all.:h
                      The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

AF Daily - Sunday

Lav, that has got to be the cutest picture ever!
                        nosce te ipsum
                        (Know Thyself)

Comment

AF Daily - Sunday

OMG - Lav - Lily and Lilysmom are PRECIOUS!!!! You must be so proud of your family!

IJM - I am taking bets for how long it will be until there are different curtains in the man cave. Everyone who wants to play can kick in a virtual dollar and pick a date. Closest to the actual date of curtain change wins 1/2 the pot. The other 1/2 goes to IJM to help with the cost of the Man Curtains. That is a funny story about the internet. Your boys sound like me when the internet is down at our house and I'm screaming to Mr. Doggy about it. I can relate! I liked your list for Bean or any others reading it a lot. You are doing awesome. You are very right about the mind set. And asking for help and support even though we don't really want to.

LVT, I wonder if that program you were watching is availalbe on the net? Sounds like an interesting show. I am really beginning to believe that education and information is the only way to save as many people as possible from trying this stuff. The guy from HERO said "with heroin, you only get a choice ONE TIME."

P3 - you are the grown up version of EB!! Hope you got plenty of good sleep last night.

Well, the sun will be up sometime soon so maybe I'll start a thread for today if it's not started yet.

DG
                          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
                          X