Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Monday September 19, 2011

hey Fabbies.

Lav, your pix of your granddaughter and DIL (?) is very sweet, they are lovely, just lovely.

IJM you remind me of Mr. Kaslo and his wiring adventures, he was a lineman as a young man so he has so many cables and wires all over this place its a maze of interconnectedness, and if I had to do anything with it in his absence, i am afraid I would have to call an expert. So whats your phone number? Ha ha.

Treya, I was going to ask you how you have avoided all the renown wines in Italy, but then there is so much other beauty and interest there, yes, you are right.

Det I am chagrined I was not invited to your house to teach you all about the interaction of toxic substances in soil plants and wildlife. I could perhaps start with a looooooooooong diagrammatically illustrated lecture on substance interactions and thier biochemistry....wait...WAKE UP!!! Det???

Great theme for today, DG, as usual you are such a terrific leader. I have always admired your leadership skills, and have enjoyed reading about your most recent adventures as a student councilor.

I am grateful for the fact that I managed to learn that the next set of operations for hip replacements I might have to have could kill me if I didnt quit the sauce for good.

I am gratefull for every day I wake up feeling well, and for every time I go out in my garden I can do what I want to do without feeling like ten pounds of poo in a one pound pail. (I had to say it).

I am grateful that I got to know the love of my dads life better for a few years before she died, and that she taught me that he wasnt the ogre he was painted as.

I am grateful that I have grankids, two girls and a husband, and friends who love me, and care about what happens to me.

I am grateful to live in a beautiful part of the world in a relatively safe, stable and sound country.

Kaslo
    Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Hey everyone

I may, just may have turned a corner. I am wary to say that as usually when I say I am doing well, I almost immediately screw up...

I talked to my Dad yesterday morning. He quite rightly pointed out that I have to decide whether I am going to flush my life down the pan or get better and have a good career and happiness etc. He does understand what it's like since he drank heavily for years and then quit 3.5 years ago while reading Allen Carr's book. My Mum and step dad are on holiday and I am regretting having sent an alarming email about how desperate I am/was.

The party was a success. A lot of people came and it was a really nice time. I didn't drink at all during the party (was feeling too rough anyway) and no-one at any time tried to push me to have AL. All afternoon I had people tell me that they love and care about me and will miss me when I go. :h

I have now told quite a few people in my circle of friends and they are all unfailingly supportive. Amazingly, they all still like me! I am finally understanding that this problem will not go away based on someone else's acceptance or rejection of me. It only goes away when I take responsibility and DEAL WITH IT.

Today I am really, really pig sick of AL ruining my life.
      I am fed up of having no energy, feeling ill and destroying my self esteem.
      I am fed up of hearing myself have the same conversations over and over again about it and crying and feeling bad but not doing anything about it.

Today, I am not going to drink. Thank you all for your helpful advice. IJM, that was a good list. You are right about the mindset and that is what I've been struggling to get back to all this time.

I have quit before, I can quit again. If you all can do it, I can do it!!
      Bean

I am grateful I live to see another day.
      Grateful I have many friends and family who love me and want me to be happy.
      Grateful for all of you at MWO.

Comment

Bean, hope today is your day in all ways possible!
        Make the right choice & be proud of yourself & look forward to a bright future

Kaslo, thanks. That pic is my daughter with Lily. My DIL has two boys, her youngest to be christened this coming weekend

Well I did absolutely no outside work as planned but I did spend a terrific afternoon with Ms. Lily :l
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Good evening abbers!

Treya - nice to meet you, thanks for the hello and I'm jealous that you are going to Italy! Hope you have a wonderful time!

Greenie, I am yawning right now thinking of all the fun stuff you did over the weekend! Sounds like you had a wonderful time and who knew that doing it without AL could actually be fun!!

Bean - I'm totally with you - you did it before and you can do it again. None of us wants to slide down that slippery slope yet once more but I'm living proof that you will always, always have the support of everyone here to pick you right back up. Your attitude sounds positive and I truly believe that plays a big part in beating this thing. Hang in there - you are doing great!

Kaslo - hope your hip surgery (sounds like you may have it planned in the near future?) goes well and I'm sure it must make a huge difference when AL isn't involved in the recoop process.

Det, doggygirl, G, Papmom - hope I didn't miss anyone - I AM SO GLAD TO BE BACK!

You guys are the best.:h
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Jolie, nice to see you again, what you been up to?

well, just back from a wonderful exercise class, made a big chef salad and finally kicking back.

xxxxx everyone
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
            X