AF tuesday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF tuesday

Just saving the space, be back in a bit.

GO................
    Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
    :h

AF tuesday

Good morning Abbers!

Moving like a slug this morning
    Cloudy, rainy, etc so It's not my fault :H

Hello to Uni & all the Abbers!
    Wishing everyone a great AF Tuesday!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF tuesday

Hello friends,

Good morning Uni. Thanks for getting us started today.

Hi Jolie--nice to have you back.

We are going through a little cool spell again. The weather man said 33 degrees F tonight and only in the 50's today. I might have to put on my insulated overalls to mow! We have most of the garden harvested, except my peppers. I'm not quite ready for them as I don't know for sure what I am going to do with them. I already have too much salsa. I went into the greenhouse last night and dealt with all of the weeds. I have some beautiful tomato plants/tomatoes in there. I hope hubby gets the framework done so we can enclose the ends and put a little heat in there if we need to. He was a little horrified when I told him I had also planted a couple of zucchini plants in there. :H

Did I mention how much I love my Vitamix blender for making tomato sauce? It is so awesome!! I just wash the tomatoes and take the stem off, throw them in with all my other ingredients and it totally grinds up all the seeds and skins!!! Good investment!

Greenie--I take 5000 IU of Vit D3 every other day. Is that good? I also dug out all my Adrenal Support supplements, but the problem I have is taking so many pills during the day. I would like to find a good combo. Right now I focus on either fish oil or Flax seed oil, a multi vit, Vitamin B complex, and my Vit D3. Sometimes I take magnesium. I also read that calcium helps with some menopause symptoms. I have quite a bit of stuff in my cupboard that I need to use up too. Any and all advice welcome. I think more physical activity would help with the fatigue I am experiencing as well. And yes, I think the lifestyle with so much going on at once tends to wear me out--I hate to admit that because 29 year olds are suppose to have more energy aren't they?

My son is now officially on the XC team. He won't compete until next week--a meet that is 250 miles away near my hometown. I haven't decided yet if I will make that one. I am going with a friend to watch the rest of the kids today. I might have to wear my long johns! It should help get me in shape, because a lot of the parents run to different places on the course to cheer the kids on.

Have a great sober day all1:h
      The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

AF tuesday

Hey ho! Fly by for me today...

LVT, I would think the D3 dose is good. I take 2,000 mg a day and bloodowork is good. I still take the all-one and the calcium complex also by nutritech; grind my flaxseed, dump it all in a smoothie. Take a spoonful of fish oil and some eve. primrose and some glucosamine/chondroitin/MSM and call it a day.

Gotta run - have a good one!
        sigpic
        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

AF tuesday

Okay, I'm back. Had to get hubby out the door and then lay down for a bit cause I didn't sleep last night at all. I swear I saw every hour on the clock. That is wierd for me too, I usually sleep well. I guess I must have a lot of garbage in my head.

I take 3000mg of omega 3,6,9 every day, 1000mg of vitamin C, amino complete (not sure the dose) and 1000mg of apple cider vinegar. I know I need to add a B vitamin complex in there.

Now that I'm up and showered I am going to take a walk uptown to do my banking and possibly get a pedicure. I know that the excercise will do me well. I have to unload the dishwasher and do some basic stuff around the house plus some homework for my therapist. I also want to cook a large stirfry and freeze some of it so I have healthy meals for myself.

Looking forward to a nice AF day today.

Love and hugs,
          Uni
          Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
          :h

Comment

AF tuesday

Hi Fabs. Morning to UNi LV, Lav and Greenie. Hope you have a nice day.

I confess I am envious of those of you who plan your day with canning, gardening, visiting grandchildren. My daughter is about to move herself and two grandkids back to Vancouver Island with her father, and step mom, so I wont see them as much now. :upset: Its a long, expensive trip from here. I guess I wont be the first grandma to be a province away from her grandkids.

Thanks Jolie, nice to meet you. I am relatively new here. Joined in April, after going totally cold turkey AF in Feb 2011Many earlier false starts. I already had both hips replaced, but becuase they only last 15 to 25 years, in all likelihood I will have to do both of them again in 10 to 20 years, and I want to be stable for that eventuality. Complications from AL abuse is something I want to avoid, as I have seen what it can do.

Hello and fairplay to P3, Det, IJM, Bean, M3, etc. Bean, I sent you a PM, all the best, and have a great trip back to the UK! here is a pix of the Slocan for you to remember it by.

kat

Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

AF tuesday

Hi fabbies!! Whew. Just got back from taking my test. I think I did pretty well. Boy he's a trickster with the multiple choice questions. If I messed up, it was in that section. I was most worried about the essay stuff but I think I aced that part. Worst case is a B I think, and I'm hopeful for an A. Either way, I'll take it.

If you are taking a lot of D3, PLEASE make sure to have your doctor check your levels once or twice a year. Because so many people are low, I assumed I was low too. NOT. I am actually very very high in the range, and you CAN have too much D3. My doc took me off of it.

Another glorious picture Kas.

LVT - YOU LEAVE THE SKINS ON TOO??? Holy crap. Now I'm wishing I would have made some sauce. I've got the tool. At the very least, there is spaghetti now on the menu this week!

Lav - I hope to be sending some sunshine and gorgeous fall weather your way soon!

Uni - hope you enjoyed your walk - that's what I'm about to do myself. Hope you sleep better tonight!!! I have good and bad times with that. Lately it's been good so I'll just hope that continues!!! Making the room 100% dark (i.e. covering up the digital clock, unplugging the night light, putting black tape over the LED on the TV, etc.) seems to have helped. That, and I no longer do any bed time snacking.

Greenie - hope it's a great day in :crowned: land! Sounds busy that's for sure.

Hey ho to everyone else!!! WHERE IS JENNY!!! :soapbox: WHERE IS DOGLVR!!! :soapbox: Some days it's like trying to herd kittens around here.

One thing is for sure.....

DG
              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
              Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

AF tuesday

Hi Gang

Love the pic as always Kas. I will miss these views but they'll still be here as and when I come back to visit. I didn't get a PM from you though...maybe you didn't send it yet?

Yesterday was a quiet and contemplative day. I felt physically and emotionally low still. I have to keep reminding myself that the anxiety, depression, tiredness, sickness, loss of energy and enthusiasm are all CAUSED by drinking, not a reason to keep doing it. But they also take a little time to clear up even once we stop. Tired of feeling toxic.

I spent a bit of time this morning reading about celebrities who are teetotal. Many of them are actors, musicians and comedians which I thought was interesting. I read some interviews and they all talked about how eventually their alcohol problem was just standing in the way of anything/everything they wanted to achieve in their life. That's where I've got to as well. It's no longer a case of drinking and carrying on. It's EITHER I drink and destroy myself OR I get my sh*t together and quit for good and be able to realize my full potential.

I know what I want it to be. I hope this time really is it but just going to go ODAT.
                Welcome back Jolie, hi to Uni, Lav, Papmom, Greenie, Det, DG (I bet you rocked your test. You 29 year olds are always so enthusiastic and dedicated when it comes to going back to school. ) . Sorry if I have missed anyone out...I regret killing so many memory cells with AL!

Bean

Comment

AF tuesday

hidy ho AF kittens!!!

butt kicking workout last night so I'm sore and happy now.

fat soluable vitamins A and D work in a synergistic manner and my source is..... (you'll never guess)
                  fermented skate liver oil
                  it tastes like rotten dog crap and smells just as good too. eeeek! oh but wait....it's also really expensive. LOL I can see you all lining up to get some.

anyone lurking please stop in and say hi. you're not alone!

zooming along,

be well everyone
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

AF tuesday

Hi all,

Lav - the rain is over and the sun is out but the darn humidity is creeping up again! I think after tomorrow we can expect more seasonal temps - HORRAY!

LVT, Uni and Greenie - jeez - I think I may be supplement-deficient! The only thing I take is a gummie bear calcium chew twice a day! I think maybe I do need something more cause by the afternoon at work, I am dragging big time.

Uni - I've had those nights where I'm watching the clock every single hour - no fun. Sleep hasn't been an issue for me so far - crossing my fingers! (oh I forgot to mention I take the calms forte before going to bed)

Kaslo - I don't know where the heck Slocan is but I want to go there! It's beautiful and I bet it's even more spectacular when the leaves change (or do they wherever Slocan is?)

Doggy - way to go on your test - sounds like you did really well. Haven't taken a test in quite a long time (and don't want to have to in the future either!)

Bean - ODAT is a good plan - small steps and just reminding myself how much better I feel without that poison running through me.

Det - fermented skate liver oil??? Dare I ask what a skate is? I probably don't want to know. Does it really help? If it smells that bad I probably wouldn't be able to get it past my nose anyway let alone down my throat.

Think I'll head out for a walk - need the exercise.

Have a great evening guys!
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

AF tuesday

Skate liver oil Det - really :H
                      I wonder how the hell they extract it :H

Hello everyone! I had the most amazing & busy day totally not planned!
                      I ended up with three Grandkids here at the same time & all in lousy moods :egad:
                      EB was misbehaving so badly his mother decided to skip her karate class & just take him home - uh oh! I don't know what was going on with him, he's not usually like that. Lily & Will were just tired, cranky, kinda taking turns.....crazy.''

Kaslo, sorry your grandkids are moving so far away. I've become so attached to mine I would just have to follw them I guess Your picture is absolutely beautiful!!

Glad your test went well today student DG!

Hello to busy greenie, Uni, LVT the tomato lady, Bean, Jolie & everyone
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF tuesday

Glad that today was my 3rd alcohol free day...I am having the same problem with lack of enthusiasum no energy etc,......will be happy to have that end....
                        sigpic[I]

Comment

AF tuesday

Britches, great to have you! and mega kudos on your 3rd day AF! at this point, just get lots of rest and expect to feel a bit weird off and on, it's totally normal. eat well, sleep, and tell us a bit about yourself.

Kas, I have a toxicology question for you: my dear Dx accidentally used a metal spatula in my one and only non stick pan and I noticed just now (hours after eating the toxic food) that some of the non stick coating is missing! should I call my doc? is there something I can take to help the teflon molecules not get incorporated into my body tissue? eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!
                          nosce te ipsum
                          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                          X