AF Daily - Thursday Sept 22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

in retrospect the bird on the right may be a junior. hmmmmm. Ornithologists weigh in please.
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

Comment

So very true, DG... I can do the 'not drinking' part. But I don't feel like much has evolved since then.

Passions? As always... the big four-legged ones And they are actually a tool, too. Horses very much demand that you are 'in the moment', that you are alert, conscious of everything around you and they can tell a fake from a mile away. So much of what is being taught in horsemanship can so easily be adapted and applied to THIS struggle.

And of course my assortment of nuts Grand peanut #1 and #2 :H
      Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

:hallo: Det!!

Them 2 birdlings didn't end up on your dinner table, did they?
        Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Very nice Paint, Sunshine. I bet you have to be on your toes, yes. My days of horseback riding are over I am afraid. Pottery hips now, they break easily. I love the little heart-shaped marking over the left eye. i sometimes go to sleep remembering horses...

VERY nice photo of California quail, Det. I think that is just an adult female on the right, with wind in her feathers, possibly. Juveniles can be a tad bigger than adults (still fluffy). I love this bird...so industrious and pretty as well. Love thier little darting run they do. They are at the northern limit of thier range in the Okanagan, and at Grand Forks. kas
          Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Good evening All –

Hey Sunshine – Welcome (back). Your horse is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! I really wish we had the land and/or funds to have one.

AB is an awesome tool. I’m not sure how long you are on your AF journey so I may embarrass myself giving advice to someone more seasoned than I am but I wanted to share my experience with you and anyone else that may be on it. One time in a far away land (Atlanta, 6 months ago….) I was on AB and doing great. I thought I had this thing licked. I was just over 60 days (maybe it was closer to 90 days but I digress) and I got cocky. I started cutting the tabs in half. It wasn’t long before I experimented and learned that AB was pretty much out of my system by 7PM. Pretty soon I was right back where I started from. It was terrible. I threw away all that AF time. I was so depressed and disappointed with myself.

After a good bit of struggling (and finally passing out one night) I finally got back on track. I religiously take my AB every morning. I talked to my doc about it and he said he has patients that have been on AB for years with no serious affects. So that is where I am.

Doggie – Congrats on your mid term! There is no way I could go back to school. I tried an executive masters program once and it was just too much.

M3 – Glad you are back! Can’t believe you have been gone so long. You have a lot of reading to do. There will be a test tomorrow on what everyone is up to.

Pap – I am so glad that things worked out with your friend. Not to say I told you so because I would NEVER do that :wings:, but I seem to remember telling you that things have a habit of working out… Just sayin! Life is much too short to be upset with a friend. And I don’t know about most people but my “real” friend list is pretty short so I embrace the relationships I have.

Bean – You Rock! What can I say other than you are past the hard part. Now it’s just a mental game.

Greenie – does anyone move faster than you do?

Treya – Safe travels….

Hey Lav, Uni, Marshy, Kas. Hope you all are having a great AF evening.

Oh, before I forget. Remember the presentation I had to do this week. It was such a hit that I get to do it again on Monday! No good deed every goes unpunished!

Night all!

IJM

Comment

IJM-yes, I ahem, um do remember something along those lines and I think I probably said "yeah, right". Eating crow now!! You are so right about the short friend list and how they are so important. I think part of my horrid pain was thinking I had misinterpreted our friendship (sort of like misinterpreting a boyfriend's feelings for you and finding out you care way more than he). So happy to know now that I was dead wrong.
              Glad to hear that AB is and can be working for you for many years to come. That must be a great relief!!
              Love the avatar of you and one of your Brittanys!! They are Brits right?
              You never know, you might have opened the door to a whole new career with your new presentation skills!

Det-great photo of the quail couple!! So pretty!!

DG-hmmm. i think some sort of lottery ticket may be in order! Thanks for the suggestion!

m3-I have always had a problem asserting myself and especially saying what was on my mind. If I was sober, I would chicken out in order to avoid confrontation. If I was drinking, I would be aggressive and angry but still not say what I wanted to. This was my first big test and I passed!!

maybe tonite I will actually sleep!
              New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

has anyone heard from Cinders? I got a PM and I'm concerned.
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

Didn't she weigh in on Jenny's post yesterday?
                  New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Wow Abbers!
                    Sucha busy day around here

Det - quail eggs are a delicacy I hear......

Cindi was on the thread yesterday.

Sunni, glad you are here with the serious Absolutely Fabulous AF'rs!

Just heard 3-4 inches of rain on the way over the next 48 hours

Everyone is kicking arse here these days - me too!
                    I just attended a retirement dinner tonight & found myself sitting between two doctors I've know for 24 years. Nice guys to work with & apparently not big drinkers. They each had one glass of wine while I had a diet Coke. They told me I looked really good & that made me feel good Very few people drank AL & that was nice to see!

Time to end my long but good day!
                    Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hello friends.

Treya, I wanted to tell you how impressed I am that you could "do" Italy sober--so early in your sobriety! That is amazing! I would love to go to Italy someday.

Pap--I have a friend that has been giving me the serious cold shoulder lately. I touched base with her via e-mail, but obviously she is still bothered by something. I'm glad you've worked this out with your friend. I'm glad other areas of your life are looking up too!:h

DG--congrats on the grade!

Sunshine--so good to see you here!!!! Love your input already. TWO grandkids?? How fun!

It's late and I know many of you won't see the tail end of this thread--so limiting my comments. I hope Cindi is OK. She is such a special lady--even thought we've never met, I can just tell!:h

My son was informed this afternoon that he cannot be on the Cross country team after all. Just what he needs, another let down. Apparently there is some policy about dropping one sport and adding another within a certain time frame. I thought (knowing our school system) that they might have a rule about this, but took it for granted that the coaches and everyone else involved would have checked into that 10 days ago when he quit football and was told he could do XC. I just feel so bad for him, but then I keep telling myself what Greenie would say.....things are working out the way they were meant to. He obviously has something to learn from this.

A little girl in a small town near by disappeared yesterday. Supposedly her step father dropped her off at school in the morning, and she never went in. It was noon before the school contacted the parents and another 2 hours later before the authorities were involved. The poor little thing is only 8 years old! No sign of her yet! These kinds of things only happen once in a very great while around these parts thank God. I can't imagine what I would do if that happened to my child. I pray they find her safe and sound.

It has been a busy week with Homecoming stuff. I took today off so I could get some stuff done around here, and spent the entire morning and then some on booster club and I had to make desserts for the junior class soup supper. The way I feel right now I wouldn;t mind just skipping the whole thing.

Anyway...... goodnight my sober friends!:h
                      The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Working...
                      X