Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily ~ Wed. Sep 28

Good day! Lots of anniversaries today..

Jolie, congrats on your sons wedding! XPost with Sunni, Turnagain and Bean! oops. Sunni contrats on Day 11!!! Turnagain, hope its as beautiful over there as it is here. Very clear blue sky. Bean, where ever you go, stay in touch.

Nursie, 6 days is awesome. So early on but so much promise and the great feeling of all the immediate toxicity draining away is very special.

Uni, I am with all the others on doing stuff the night before but some things can be done even DAYS in advance, organizing, pre-packed groups of things to go into lunches, lists on the fridge door, I bet your daughter will actually get right into it. For me organization and preparation is somewhat of a cure for anxiety.

Greenie, you are right on as usual re Bean.

DG, what are the new courses? How interesting, I love taking short courses on stuff. As opposed to long periods of time staring at the same frigging data from 2001.

Congrats LVT on 3 years!!! Wow, thats fantastic. I hope I get there.

Treya....Italy pix? And um, can we trade jobs....?

Lav... 2.5 years!!!! Again, wow, fantastic!!! Congratulations everyone with anni's today or recently. Or ANYONE whos managed to kick the habit.

I have been interrupted by samples having to go out and am quite anxious that they dont go missing between here and the lab. Impossible to replace. Otherwise doing very well, except my computer bit the dust, my laptop that is, so I am on a machine that belongs to my hub....ergo, no photos.

I have discovered cranberry pomegranite juice. BOY is it good, and has a bit of a bite to it, and its good as an antioxidant. I had my blood test results back and my blood sugar is slightly elevated, as is the cholesterol, so I am going to have to stop eating what ever when ever, my excuse that I quit drinking so I should eat like a pig no longer holds, I guess.

Back to auld claes and porridge as they say in Scotland.

One thing is for sure....

love Kas
    Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

AF Daily ~ Wed. Sep 28

Turnagain - can't wait to hear more about healing!

Kas - hope the samples get where they need to go safely. The first Saturday class is "Intake to Discharge" and the second one is "Evidence Based Addiction Treatment." I'm really excited about both of those topics, especially given the years of experience and credentials of the teacher. A couple of students from my Intro to Counseling class are also taking it. I lke them both a lot so that should be fun too - especially since it's Saturday morning! Hmmm.....Just occurred to me there should also be really good parking! Usually I have to hike from the "overflow" gravel lot across the street from campus!

Sunny - what's for dinner and what time should I be there?

Bean, you know I wish you well and I am also sending success vibes to Jenny. Maybe the two of you can support each other since it seems your goals are similar.

One thing is for sure...

DG
      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

AF Daily ~ Wed. Sep 28

DG - meatball recipe - empty box of frozen Angus beef meatballs in crockpot. Add bottle of honey garlic BBQ sause. Serve over rice! LOL - I know you were hoping for an actual meatball recipe but thats all I do and everyone loves it. Tastes really good.

I thought I was going to lose it this afternoon, I was so scared that I was going to have a full blown attack. Hubby was ticked cause of driving everywhere since I have no liscence (which of course makes me feel like caca). Daughter was practicing her "PMS" attitude. Everyone was looking to me. I took my antianxiety, locked myself in my bathroom and had a hot shower, went upstairs and laid down for 15 minutes and came out and all was good. Meds had kicked in, and hubby and stepdaughter had got over their shit and went out to play.

And now they are both at volleyball so I get a little uni time. Life is good!
        Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
        :h

Comment

AF Daily ~ Wed. Sep 28

YOU GO UNI!!!! It is such sweet victory when we learn better ways to handle stressful stuff than drinking, isn't it? :yougo:

And thank you for the meatball recipe! :H I think I can get *all* the ingredients at Sam's Club! :chef:

DG
          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

AF Daily ~ Wed. Sep 28

Yum - meatballs!
            EB's favorite meal

Speaking of EB - his mother just called, they are having a plumbing emergency at their house............. looks like I'm having overnight guests :H :H

Uni, getting away from staring eyes even for just 15 minutes really helps. Good for you

DG, someday I'll have to tell yuo about the patients I helped detox back in 1973/74
            I swore I would never end up like those people........almost did, didn't I???
            Enjoy your classes!

Kas, sorry about the computer - bummer!
            I have two old work horses in my shop but I love my laptop

Hi Sunni, Turnagain & Bean!
            Take care of yourself Bean & stay in touch.

OK, will go get ready for my overnight company - oh boy!!
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF Daily ~ Wed. Sep 28

:H Overnight guets have cancelled - they were able to get a plumber over to fix the problem.
              So I guess it's just me & Maxie as usual (and she's already sound asleep)
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF Daily ~ Wed. Sep 28

oy! finally home again. yay! 10+ hours on the road today and I'm so glad to be back.

Nursie, big welcome to you and kudos on the AF time!

Turnagain, I'm looking forward to the Waffle-House picture you promised on chat

Doggygirl, you can get kimchi in a regular grocery market now I'm thinking....not sure. but a big health food shop for sure. bear in mind that it will be pasteurized which kills the beneficial bacteria (boooo, hiss) but it will taste similar. here's the link to the recipe that works well for me:

Easy Korean Kimchi Recipe

also I made my own dosa (Indian crepes) recently which is quite a bit more involved but very fun.

on the way home I stopped at a huge Asian specialty market in Sacramento and loaded up on all sorts of fun stuff. yam noodles. Philippine fermented coconut sauce (really) and some instant kung fu chicken! I'll post the picture tomorrow.

happy to say being AF tonight and last night was easy but that first night was a doozy for some reason. just got too tired and hungry I guess. I made it unscathed but had some scary thoughts. it disappoints me that i still have hard times like that. so long as I'm getting AF days behind me I'm grateful though, that's for sure. I need to keep my AF mojo up in high-gear, that's for sure.

I bid you all a fond farewell til morning

xxxxx
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

AF Daily ~ Wed. Sep 28

Hey Det - If you're still awake...head back to chat...I have a present for you from the Waffle House.
                  Sober for the Revolution!
                  AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Working...
                  X