Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF daily - Friday, Sept 30th

Greenie,
    Get someone else in to fix the drain.....

Here ya go:
    Apple Cider Doughnuts ? Fire up the oven
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Lavande;1185618 wrote: Here ya go:
      Apple Cider Doughnuts ? Fire up the oven
      OK, I could force myself to eat those. :H That was one cute little girl.
      sigpic
      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

What a cude leedle chyekin! Oy! (Doukhabour accent, sorry).

To answer your Q GreenQueen, Thanksgiving is NEXT weekend in Canada. We are always ahead of you, maybe its cause we are colder up here, winter comes sooner, or we wanna get started on Christmas earlier or sumpin'!

And do I think my relationship with my brother will change...? I wish it could, but time and time again, he lulls one of us into a false sense of security and then pulls the rug out. Hes threatened to sue our home town city hall, my other brother, hes cut me off and told me he preferred to think of me as dead. And then 10 years later when I am cast adrift without a family, he will apologize. I never know when he is going to pull some stunt. The guy is 67 years old, and made 300 K a year as a senior transcontinental captain, but he works at Walmart now. Why? I do not know. If it werent true.... you guys probably think I make this stuff up. Anyway I know he flew all the way here to apologize, and I do feel sorry for him because he is pathetic, but its a hobby of his to go around to ancient and distant relatives and chat them up, hoping they will remember him in thier wills. Hes creepy! I AM nice to him, and that makes the adult children in the all the families feel a little better because he has four adult daughters, and they all have to deal with him. My other brother ceased to speak to him after mom died back in 2007, so I am it for him as far as sibs. Long story. Totally dysfunctional family with alcohol problems, violence, and suicide, and yada yada. I love my AF life now, because I can look back on all of it and kind of shrug it off.

So the short answer is no. I wish I could trust him, but I just cant.

Uni.... Can I just chime in here and say, I agree with Nurse Lav and Greenie. I am just a tox person, but you should NOT have that much fatigue, its got to be Vitamin D, or anemia or something! I would take Lavs advice, dear, and sit down with the best Doc you know and possibly blood work, and just go over the whole shebang.

And yes it is still warm enough to swim in BC but the beaches are getting a bit thin, and I see people ramping up the skis snowmobiles etc. I CAN swim in my unheated pool, but its like 65 degrees, and I need my pink hoodie wetsuit shortie top. I was in the water last weekend, if its hot again this weekend I will go for one last dip. Then we have to close the pool down. :upset: I dont know if the pool at the Cove is heated and still open. But we will be hitting the water in the boats anyway. Rain or shine.

Happy Friday, guys, one thing is for sure.

Kas
        Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

The women at the Amish market make good cider doughnuts - no one can eat just one! Thankfully they make theirs on the small side

Hoping for a less itchy night ~ tired of dealing with PI
          Can't begin to tell you how unattractive it is to have the skin peeling between your fingers - yuck.

Good night
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

I'm very worried about IJM-he hasn't posted since Sunday and he never answered my question about the saltwater fishies and I know that is a hobby of his which he loves to talk about. I just emailed him (he hasn't set his account to accept PMs) so hopefully we'll here from him soon. Come out come out whereever you are!! :l :h

Wow! So much going on today!! Don't even know where to start!

Marshy-have a fab time in Amsterdam! I love how you and GF are these cool world travelers!!

Uni-I sure hope you can figure out what is causing the fatigue and headaches. Maybe Lav, Kas and M3 are onto something re: your meds!

M3- hope you got that paper written!! You too DG!!

Greenie-you've had more trouble with that bathroom! Hope it gets resolved for good soon!

Lav-how great that you got a nice big order!! And you are wanted at the craft fair! Whoo Hoo!! Love the new avatar!!

Turn-way to go on staying AF through the cocktail party! Nice job!! Did you get your paper done too? I've heard that pineapple will also cure doggies of poop eating so you might try that as well.

Kas-oh my that resort looks nice!! If not for the absence of palm trees I would have thought it was in the tropics!! Hope the pool is heated!!

Sunni-you do have a busy month or two ahead of you! Take some time for you OK?

AFM-you sound so good! I'm glad the job is working out and the chemo isn't too bad yet. Wish I had the magic answer for dealing with your mom. I know you'll work it out tho.

Worked my first shift at the NH tonite! It was very nice. We took about 6 residents who have some dementia problems and tend to disrupt the bedtime prep (they had to cut staff as the census is not at max) so we took them into the tv room, sprayed some lavendar/vanilla febreeze (shudder), turned on some pretty electric candles and sat around the table and talked a bit. Then we put a dvd in that was a video magazine. It took us through the midwest and had some music. For the most part the residents were pretty calm and quiet which was our goal. After about an hour tho a couple of them got restless. We distracted them as much as possible until 7:30 when the CNAs were ready for them. My boss was there and she is really excited about this program but it might be hard to find videos that will bring on relaxation nite after nite. We'll see. She seemed very pleased about how I interacted with the residents so that's good.

But to balance the good is the bad. My car cost me $725 to fix and I still might have to replace the Tranny very soon. The fluid was really low and thin and very filthy. Couldn't leave it but replacing it with new fluid runs the risk that what was holding the tranny together (the gunk) will get flushed out and it will cease to work. Oh yea. Guess I'll find out soon enough.

That was the extent of my day. Tomorrow I get my car back from my dad and go dress shopping with my sis. I'll also need to fit in some vacuuming and laundry as I'll be working all day Sunday.

See you all in the morn!

Shout out to Det who was zooming today!!
            New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Kas - brothers - I have 3 of them. I consider myself an olny child, if you know what I mean

papmom, your car is on my prayer list!
              Here's something you may be interested in for work:
              Alzheimer's and Dementia Activities for patients in nursing homes.
              There should be some sort of budget - get your supervisor to cough up some change
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
              X