Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily ~ Sunday 10/2

FABS!!

I'm thinking of being Pandora for Halloween.

It's a cool breezy sunny gorgeous day that I started off with the paper and coffee by the firepit. What a mojo stoker! Going to the river to an art show this afternoon. They have "stations" which are tables, etc. set up along the river trail and the artists have their work displayed. Some are engaged in their work (painting, clay work) and there is at least one stage for musicians. Really looking forward to it.

I bought a replacement bag of candy for my dad but my plans got changed and I didn't get over there and DAMMIT I ATE IT!!!! FECK FECK FECK!!! I will not ever buy candy unless it is at the store right by him and it goes straight there and that is all.

IJM, glad you are holding it together and had a good lesson learned!
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

AF Daily ~ Sunday 10/2

Hey Greenie,
    Here's a really cool article about Pandora. She's one of my favourite godesses.

Pandora ? Life Coaching @Chrysalis

Having a great day here. Sun is shining and thoughts of Al are far away.
    Treya
    AF since 11 July 2011
    You can never get enough of what you don't really want

Comment

AF Daily ~ Sunday 10/2

morning abbers!

Canadian weather - gotta love it. Earlier this week I had the air conditioner on and now I have the heat on! Getting cold here.

Today the child and I are going to go check out the dollar store and see what goodies we can come up with. Always a fun thing to do! Then, once hubby gets home from hockey we will have to actually get our butts to the grocery store but I'll worry about that later. Daughter and I started a puzzle yesterday so we will probably finish that this afternoon and then just veg out and watch a movie and have mommy/daughter cuddles. That's always the best. And tonight - The amazing race!

So that's the plan for today. Still feeling better - anxiety has calmed down and I am not napping at all during the day - going to sleep around 9:30 and waking up between 6:30 and 7. It seems to be a good schedule for me right now.

Okay, off to get dressed for the cold!
      Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
      :h

Comment

AF Daily ~ Sunday 10/2

Good Mornin Dudes!

What a beautiful chilly Georgia Morning! Part of me wants to spend the day outside. But that would require an effort on my part!

Greenie – you just inspired me. Time to get my fire pit out of storage! I may set it up today – would be awesome for the early evening.

Today I am going to be making Atomic Buffalo Turds…. For the uneducated, I take a Jalape?o pepper and cut it lengthwise. I then half fill it with cream cheese and then taco meat. Finally I wrap a piece of bacon around it and use a tooth pick to hold it together. I then sprinkle a small amount of dizzy pig dust over it. Finally I slow smoke them over hickory for about 2 hours. Talk about good eatin! If you put one of these ABTs on the top of your head, your tongue will beat your brain out trying to get to it!

Greenie – That sounds like you have an fun day planned. I wish we lived in a place that was that laid back and relaxed.

Hey Treya, Uni and everyone else to come!

IJM

Comment

AF Daily ~ Sunday 10/2

Good morning Abbers!

Greenie - you need to color in th eyes on that statue.......
          Have fun at the river, sounds like a nice day!

Greetings Treya & Uni!
          Cool weather here too, temps in the 40's this morning - live it

IJM - yikes!!!
          Don't hurt yourself eating those things today
          But if they make you happy :H

I'm going to put something tame like soup in the crockpot, mix up some bread dough & let it rise while I attempt to do a little Fall housecleaning in the chicken house

Hello to everyone & have a great AF Sunday!!!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF Daily ~ Sunday 10/2

Hello peeps!
            Sounds like everyone has a great day planned!

Take 2 today for the Pumpkin Patch. Hopefully we don't get rained out again. Then making chicken soup and blueberry pie on this chilly fall day. Oh yeah. I can't believe this is the second weekend in a row AF!

One thing is for damn sure!
            Day 1 again 11/5/19
            Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
            Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
            Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
            11/27/19: messed up but back on track
            12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

AF Daily ~ Sunday 10/2

Hey Faballoons, Greeting to Greenie, Trey, Uni, Lav, IJM and Nursie. IJM you are hilarious. How could you ever think about leaving the South? YOur ABT sound delicious but dangerous. As I am sure you intend.

My day is going to be like Lavs, the bread part. I LOVE FALL! Here are two pix from yesterdays kayaking at a relatively pristine subalpine lake here. Its only just starting to turn color at high elevation. I am going to try and get some fire wood in today for the first crackling fire of the season. Also to make spaetzle, which is a german noodle. In case any of you think I am German, i am definetely NOT. I am just a Canuck (10th gen) on my dads side and Scots on my mothers side. But I love fall cooking. My favorite. Normally my weekend had to be shared with AL and his hangovers, but NO MORE SHARING WITH AL. He can go to heck.

Love you all.
              Kas

Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

AF Daily ~ Sunday 10/2

Had a blast at the farm and got the beat pumpkins! maybe I will even make some of IJMs atomic whaddyacallits. Lol. I positively LOVE spicy food, and if it's not spicy, I make it spicy.
                Day 1 again 11/5/19

One day at a time.

Comment

AF Daily ~ Sunday 10/2

Hey All!

Good Lord! I have created a dish that is so strong that it could get off the plate and whoop my butt! I know everyone has been waiting to see an ABT so here is a plate of them… (now you know why they are called turds...)

This is the first time I have enjoyed these without a beer. Interesting, they go well with iced tea. Actually they would go well with monkey pee since your taste buds are burned off your tongue before you can take a drink!

IJM

Comment

AF Daily ~ Sunday 10/2

note to self & IJM

small styrofoam container
                    dry ice
                    overnight
                    doable
                    sigpic

Comment

AF Daily ~ Sunday 10/2

Evening Fabbies!

First full day at the NH and I am beat!! My feet haven't hurt this much since I last waitressed which was about 30 years ago!! It was a long day and didn't go as fast as I thought it would. Just think, in 2 weeks I get to do it for a full 8 hours instead of 6! We gave some of the residents manicures (kind of gross actually but I'll get over it) and in the afternoon had a couple of hours of word puzzles and trivia. Unfortunately only 2 of the residents are with it enough to even participate which is sad. I'm pretty sure I want to be put down before being admitted to a NH. Too bad we don't get that choice. Anyway, if I make someone even a little bit happy by being there then I'm happy.

Early meeting in the morning (apparently this is now a weekly thang) so I'm heading to bed early tonite (got the 17th Stephanie Plum book out of the library tonite so can't wait to dive in; also got The Power of Now to listen to in the car). It's so cold but very damp -great reading/snuggling weather!!

See you all tomorrow after my stint at the NH. $$$-keep repeating papmom!
                      New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

AF Daily ~ Sunday 10/2

IJM :H
                        Honestly ~ I hope you enjoyed them

Greenie, would you really eat them? Really?
                        Love the green eyes in your Pandora!

papmom, welcome to the world of healthcare.......long & tiring days, aching feet, yep - been there & done that :H Get yourself some comfy walking shoes, sneakers, whatever to take care of your feet.

I decided around lunchtime to take a ride out & pick up some fresh mushrooms & a few things from the supermarket. When I pulled in the driveway I was surprised to see YB here. It was raining so he wasn't here to cut grass. What was he doing? He was prunning my overgrown lilacs on the side of the chicken house - in the rain. I invited him to stay for dinner, which he did then he took his leftovers & left :H Whatever :H
                        I made Harvest Grain buns to go with my soup tonight - good! (Recipe is on KAF website - I didn't have any of their harvest grain so I substituted with extra whole wheat & flax). Very good!

Greetings to Kaslo - I'm thinking about whole wheat spaetzle.......
                        Anything made with all white flour causes me hot flashes but if I at least incorporate some ww flour I'm good. How did yours turn out??

Hi nursie, sober weekend rock! So do sober weekdays, holiday & birthdays.
                        Glad you are enjoying your AF time!

Currently 46 degrees here at 7:30 pm. I closed the windows in the chicken house!!!
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF Daily ~ Sunday 10/2

Lav –

If you think that is hot – that is nothing. You should try my chili. I call it the ”Intestinal Express”. Just sayin…

IJM

Comment

AF Daily ~ Sunday 10/2

Hope everyone had a good day and polished off an AF weekend!

Lavande;1186661 wrote: Greenie, would you really eat them? Really?
                            Love the green eyes in your Pandora!
                            Yeah, I'd eat them (in moderation, of course ). They sound wonderful.

Love the green eyes too! Thanks for saying it. I had thought about it but with an "eh, I don't know how". So when you mentined it I started playing with it. Ta da! See what an inspiration you are!

P3, hope your job puts forth more excitement tomorrow!

I'm feeling a bit puny. Like I need to kick back a day or so. I practically have to be tied down to do that, but I'll give it a shot before it becomes not a choice.
                            sigpic

Comment

AF Daily ~ Sunday 10/2

Holy guacamole those bad boys look good! Hmm and they might be good dipped in cool guacamole or sour cream... I digress lol

Glad everyone had a great day! I have a clean house, pumpkins, happy kids, and a hot cup of tea. My hubby said this was the best day ever.
                              Day 1 again 11/5/19

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
                              X