Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily Wed. 5th Oct

Good Morning Abblabblabbblabbers..........:l

Off to a wedding this week on Friday (some miles away)
    Lots of family present so no doubt some questions about why I'm not drinking.
    I plan to observe the various reactions.
    Who will look askance?
    Who will laugh out loud?
    Who will give a s***?
    Not me-though I will have the last laugh!
    I plan to enjoy my alcohol free mojitas with lots of ice and lime
    When I come back on Saturday it will be to my 90 day AF celebration.
    Be there or be square Abbers!
    Have a great few days everyone!
    X Treya
    AF since 11 July 2011
    You can never get enough of what you don't really want

AF Daily Wed. 5th Oct

Good morning Abbers!

Good plan Treya - stick to your plan & you'll be fine. We'll party here on Saturday for your 90 AF days

Have to run to Curves, deliver eggs & be back here by 10 am. I'll been pulled for emergency babysitting this morning

Back later - wishing everyone a great AF Humpday

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF Daily Wed. 5th Oct

Hi guys!

Treya, stay safe!

(((Kaslo))) - Please, please, please do not leave!!! No one was hurt or offended or upset or anything by your insights yesterday - in fact, I think they were excellent insights and it was good to have the topic brought up! Many of us suffer from other disorders and often they are not talked about. And it's true, we do sometimes need kicks in the ass if we are isolating. You are an amazing person and we all love you here - please stick around, we need you.

I am up with coffee - today's plan is to clean the office, we are getting a new printer (due to the lightning strike) and are trying to have the office organized properly so we can put everything in it's proper place. How exciting eh?

P3 (((hugs)))) love you - keep your chin up - today is a new day.

Love you guys!
      Uni
      Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
      :h

Comment

AF Daily Wed. 5th Oct

Hello friends,

Quickly checking in this morning to say hi! And great job to Uni for 4 months and Treya stay strong and yes it will be interesting to see everyone's reaction to your af'ness!

Pap, good for you for handling things as they come. I think it takes strong resolve for us ex-drinkers to return to what we know (aka the booze) when we get discouraged, upset, stressed........

I had to :H about the meatball sandwich. I had one at Subway last night and although not as good as Lavs--and not too nutritious--it was pretty good!

Kaslo--I hope you don't leave us. You have a reason to not know everyone's story and background. I've been here over 3 years and don't remember everyone's story and background. I feel you are a valuable asset to our little thread, but if you feel you need to take a break--take care. I'll be thinking about you, and if I ever get caught up I will send you those tree pictures!!

Ok, gotta run! I am so sore and tired from running that trimmer for 4 hours again yesterday, but getting a lot done. I'm going to hop on the mower again today and enjoy this beautiful Indian summer we are having! Have a great sober day all!:h
        The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

AF Daily Wed. 5th Oct

Got thru my morning & early afternoon -
          the grandsons just left, now I need to get to work

Hello to Uni & LVT!
          Having a nice weather day here too, for a change.

Kaslo, please stick around with us - we need your humor & wisdom to balance us out, OK?

OK, time to work
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

AF Daily Wed. 5th Oct

Hi abbers! Good plan Treya! And a virgin mojoto sounds awesome!!!
            I often post from my phone so sometimes it's hard to go back and see what everyone wrote. (as well as proofread what the hell I wrote). Anyway...

Fianc? and I have a date night tonight. First one ever AF. I'm nervous because being in a restaurant is a huge trigger. Maybe we won't go, idk. We could go hiking instead or something.
            Day 1 again 11/5/19
            Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
            Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
            Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
            11/27/19: messed up but back on track
            12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

AF Daily Wed. 5th Oct

Hello all,

Quiet in here today. I'm back from Amsterdam - had a fantastic time. We did all the touristy stuff - flower market, canal boat trip, cheese shops - and hung out with lots of GF's friends that she has there.

Treya - I initially told my family of big drinkers that I'd given up for health reasons (which was quite true but not the whole truth!) and everyone got the message. Hope to see you celebrating 90 days on Sat.

Kaslo - we all need a break sometimes but I hope you're not going because you think you ruffled feathers because I didn't see that at all. Plus, I have a Very Important Question about mosquitoes in Canada to ask you!

Lav, Uni, LVT, hope you all have a good day.

Off to cook dinner for GF.
              sigpic
              AF since December 22nd 2008
              Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

AF Daily Wed. 5th Oct

XPost Nursie - you can do it!
                sigpic
                AF since December 22nd 2008
                Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

AF Daily Wed. 5th Oct

Hey Treya-what does a mojito taste like? I've been racking my brain on what I can order at the wedding besides cranberry juice! I have no problem ordering virgin drinks but I don't know what the popular ones taste like (guess I need to expand my taste buds! :H). I've heard a lot about mojitos lately (big drink on Burn Notice). Any other suggestions? I can't have too much carbonation.....
                  New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

AF Daily Wed. 5th Oct

hidy ho ABlanders across the fruited plains!

Treya, sounds like a kickass Idea to me! be right here to celebrate your big 90AF!

Nursie, yes you CAN do this. restaurant or not, have it preplanned in you mind "yes, I'd like a Pellegrino with lime" or whatever your fav AF drink is.

Papmom, here's a fun one: (this is popular in Malaysia and Indonesia) put ice cubes and fresh mint leaves in a tall glass. add hot tea of your choice. the hot tea will help infuse the mint, then the ice cubes make this wonderful popping noise, then it cools rapidly to a pleasant temperature. i forget what it's called but it's exotic and fun.

zoom zoom

be well peeps
                    nosce te ipsum
                    (Know Thyself)

Comment

AF Daily Wed. 5th Oct

Guys, I'm checking in from my date. (I know I'm a dork). I got nervous walking past the bar. I really want to freaking drink. I felt irritable and antsy. But I took determinator's advice and ordered sparkling water with lime AND hot tea to keep my hands busy and comfort me. Now we are doing wonderful and having a beautiful night.

Off to pick up our little guy and pay a visit to the ice cream stand!

Thank you everyone. Xoxo
                      Day 1 again 11/5/19
                      Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                      Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                      Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                      11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                      12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

AF Daily Wed. 5th Oct

Checking in from a date? :H well at least you have a date :H
                        Good job on walking past the bar ~ with practice you get real good at it Nursie

Marshy, I just got a postcard in the mail today from a friend ~ she's in London right now & headed to Ireland. I should have gone with her.....
                        Glad you enjoyed your trip, nice pic!

Hello to Det & everyone.
                        Where are the elders - DG & greenie?

I'm still working
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

AF Daily Wed. 5th Oct

hey! Gone most the day. Lunch with the dad, meeting, dropped by to visit friend on her birthday after that and I was curious that she had been anxious for me to arrive. We went to the pet store and she bought herself a parakeet for her birthday. What a cool pressie for oneself! Feel drained and I'm glad it's dark already because I think I'm going to bed.

WB marshy!

Date? Whassa date?
                          sigpic
                          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

AF Daily Wed. 5th Oct

Nursie!!! :H We are always hiding in a corner somewhere eating our popcorn and spying on you. So no going to the bar - you will be so busted! Ice cream. Now there is a good idea!

Det - did I see you say SNOW?????? I heard on the radio this afternoon that the long range forecast for winter around here is for a bad one. Good thing the weather forecasters are always wrong! :H

So Lav - Did YB have anything to say? Did you feed him a meatball sandwich? I'm speed reading here so sorry if I missed it!!

Marsy - welcome back! Wow the canals look fun - did you ride in the little boats?

Kas - what's up???

P3 - I'm jonesing for a lemonade right now so that's all I can come up with in the non-fizzy department! :H

Treya - can't wait for your 90 day party!

LVT - Mr. Doggy went on a bee rescue mission to the Abraham Lincoln National Cemetary today - it's close to where we live. He said it was beautiful. I've not seen it. I thought of you as from the sound of it, it's maintained with the same kind of love and care you put into it!

Uni - I wish you would come here and help me organize my office!!!! It's fun to get new equipment though. What kind of new printer? We just finally got a color laser so I'm having fun with that toy. Mr. D. got it used off of e-bay on the cheap.

Where is everyone else?

Quiz tomorrow, final a week from tomorrow. Midterm a week from Tuesday. Then I have two week window to go to the testing center and take the midterm for another class. I either need to do it on Monday before the other ones, or wait until after the other ones. I'm thinking I will Power Study and go for it on Monday. Otherwise I think I will have a nervous breakdown waiting until the end of the two weeks. Oy. Decisions decisions. I love everything about school but the tests! :H

One thing is for sure....

DG
                            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                            Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

AF Daily Wed. 5th Oct

Hi-ho... real quick... so sorry, no time to read back!

All is well here in sober land.. albeit a bit on the busy side! Gonna try and catch up tomorrow... have a lovely evening all!

Oh... and WAY TO GO, Nursie!!! (Both, on the date and the soda/tea!)
                              Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Working...
                              X