Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Friday October 7

Up and at 'em fABbies!

Have only had about 3 sips of coffee so nothing much to say yet. (HEY! I can hear the sighs of relief all the way in Illinois! :H) Just getting things going for the day.

IJM, the posse is coming. That is all. :b&d:

I was really immature when drinking. I drank over everything of course, but one thing that was always a "good excuse" for me was when things didn't go my way. Any time I didn't like what somebody else said or did, that was reason for drama and drinking. Without AL the great numbing agent, that sort of behavior really became tedious after sobering up. I still have to work at it and I'm far from perfect. But today I am much better able to keep my nose in my own business, not act and react to what other people are saying and doing, and get on with my life. What a blessing!

One thing is for sure. I'm not drinking today. And another thing is for sure. I can make a sandwich post even with a few sips of coffee in me.

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

FFFFFFFRIDAY!!!!!!

DG, and did you notice that the more you drank, the more things didn't go your way? Funny though, how we just can't seem to grasp that when we are immersed in it. GRATEFUL GRATEFUL GRATEFUL to be off that hamster wheel!!!

Meeting a friend today at a food truck and then a bit of work. Then going with GF to one of those reception artsy things. I hate to drive into town and back twice in a day, but the time lapse in between the two things is way too long. I bailed on the one last night. My mojo wasn't up to it and I've got some physical stuff going on (soreness & stiffness here and there,a bit puny) and it just felt like I was being directed to staying home. So I did and listended to two telecasts that were way better than I expected. So now my mojo is a bit better and I'm more rested.

About the fall and the planets..... fall is a good time for cleaning and clearing. The autumnal equinox jus passed. I read that the way the planets are lined up makes things move into sort of upheaval and it's to push us to address the things we've been putting off in terms of clearing/cleaning. Get rid of bad habits, unhealthy relationships, etc. Addictions to name one. Here's a bit of an article.

The secret to success is taking action. Unlike the essence of Libra, which prefers peace over conflict and keeping all options open, the planets are now demanding a showdown. Bad habits? Kick 'em. Negative friends- give them a boot, too. That thing you have been talking about doing for so long: honey find the door.

Remember always - crisis is a doorway to opportunity; use this month of Libra to create a new relationship with your dreams and to open a doorway to your deepest desires. It's not going to get any easier, in fact, to resist this compelling call to action burns up more energy than it takes to follow your path to self realization. Stress, yes, but think of it as a once in a lifetime opportunity; and we all just won!

coffee (just another habit for me to address)
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Good morning Abbers!

DG & Greenie, you both have me laughing & I'm not totally awake yet either :H

Got a call at 10 pm last night to go babysitting first thing this morning.......
      So I'm going there now, then to Curves (with my new shoes), then to the supermarket for a few things then back home & into my shop. Work, work, work this week

Wishing everyone a great AF Friday!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Morning abbers!

Well yesterday turned out to be a lot busier than I thought it would be. My hubby and I took the dog for a long walk in the morning and then off to Walmart to replace the last of the things from the lightning strike. Then he had a court case at 1pm (traffic court) so I went with him. We waited until 3:30 before he could present his evidence but he won (it was a bogus ticket) and the judge said you are free to go. So that was good. Then home to let out and play with Boo, and then off to vote for our provincial leader. Then out to dinner and home. Crazy long day for me! I think I was asleep at 9:30.

Today will be a little more low key. But I am looking forward to not having to run around like yesterday - that just exhausts me!

One thing is for sure!

Love and hugs,
        Uni
        Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
        :h

Comment

ahh... I guess that means you saw the browser bitching before I edited :H
          sigpic

Comment

Hello friends,

Greenie, I have been in the mood to do some serious cleaning out of stuff lately. I have the whole basement piled with totes and boxes. I was watching Hoarders yesterday and there was a lady on there that reminded me of me in a way. She had lots of stuff--but it was good stuff, see? It actually had some value. Collectables and stuff. My problem is, I have no market for my stuff. It won't sell at garage sales. I guess maybe some of it might go on EBay if I knew how to do that, but some of it is big--like an antique sewing machine that and some furniture. We don't have "freecycle" here--though I wish we did. So for now, I am going to buy some more totes and bring home some boxes and get some of the stuff out of the house at least into a storage shed--which I have to clean out first. UGH!!!

Yesterday it was windy and miserable outside so I stayed home, hoping to get some projects done, which I did. I made 15 pints of salsa and got a coat of stain on my door trim and varnish on the door. Washed some bedding too. But it still looks like a bomb went off in here!!! I am so tired of the mess and I know my family is too. This morning we have a funeral to go to, and then I get my hair done--yay! I was hoping to spend the whole weekend doing stuff around my place, but then realized it is cleaning day at the church. UGH again!

Hubby and I went to parent/teacher conference last night. All the teachers like our boys. Had nothing but good things to say about them. Except #1 son is slipping back into his old bad habits of not trying and not turning assignments in. It has been so difficult this year getting him out of the summertime--lets have fun fun fun into time to buckle down and work hard at school. He really has no good excuse, and I don't know if his meds aren't working as well as they were, or if more of it was mental--"Now that I know there is something wrong I can do better" attitude? I'm also tired of the fight every morning to get him up and going. He waits until the very last minute to leave and it drives me crazy. We are going to have another talk this weekend because something has to change--I already told him I don't know what else to do except take away some of his freedom since he is not holding up his end of the bargain as far as school goes.

Anyway, I'm sorry for the long post all about me. I am very happy and grateful to be sober. I can't even imagine going back to that lifestyle. And I did have to lol at the 10 beers and 10 people story. Seriously? I would have drank as many as I could, and then gone for more at least once. Yep. Been there done that.:H

Have a great sober weekend all!:h
            The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

greeneyes;1189176 wrote:
              fall is a good time for cleaning and clearing.
              Could you please tell my girlfriend that? :H We still have bags and bags of god knows what lying around from when she moved in. We've bought some new shelving units and she's promised we will have a big sort out and throwing away when they are delivered in a couple of weks. We shall see...

DG - good to see you using the college computer for important MWO work :tsk:

Lav - you must be loving all the babysitting

Uni - I've been very busy lately too. We're looking forward to a lazy Sunday and Monday. Possibly going to see Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy although I can never follow spy films (not even James Bond :H) and Gerhard Richter exhibition Tate Modern| Current Exhibitions | Gerhard Richter: Panorama

Until then, working. Have a peaceful day all. I'll post another pic from the weekend when I get a chance.

Hi LVT!
              sigpic
              AF since December 22nd 2008
              Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Yeah greenie - I saw your brower bitching this morning :H

Hello to Marshy, LVT & Uni!

I am enjoying the time with the grandkids. I would be too freaking lonely without them.

LVT, I'm an ebay seller! It's easy - just get on ebay & take the tutorial. Someone out in the world wants your stuff, honestly.

Must get back to work, I must!!
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

LVT, what about craigslist?

Dang if the BBQ truck didn't happen today because of a private event! There we were on the street corner :gramps: looking at his iphone trying to hunt down a food truck without twittering. :H However we did luck up on a weekly marketplace event with street vendors in the plaza in front of the art museum and we had some Ray's World Famous BBQ. Not truck food, but street food was a good second place. This was after we walked out of my fav resto. One of the owners can get an attitude and be a total prick and today was one. We wanted BBQ, not prick-on-a-stick. Humph.

Lav, I'm sure glad you started going to curves! :l

I sort of meant emotional / behavioral clearing out but if it's external you need well that's good too. That never seems to end either.
                  sigpic

Comment

Prick on a stick. Hmmm.... Is it too early to start planning YB's 2012 birthday dinner???? :angel:

DG
                    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

I feel a poem coming on...... :H
                      sigpic

Comment

Afternoon all...

It's been a whirlwind since I got back from New Mexico. We are having an extended fall here in the great not-yet white north. I am grateful for that ....but BUSY! Please lawd, give me just one more week before the hard freeze to replant my mailbox that crazy teen drivers keep plowing into.

Lav...I thought about you and your chickens in NM at the Balloon Fiesta. Seems the French were the first to launch a hot air balloon a few hundred years ago. The first airborn crew consisted of a duck, a sheep and a rooster. The reasoning went like this...the sheep was there for the weight....and if it got too hot up there or something else went wrong, the duck and rooster would make a bunch of noise!

The kisosk didn't have the complete story though...did the critter crew survive - or did they get fricassed? Now, there's a google for a rainy day!

I've included a link to my entire NM album down below...if you want to see lotsa neat balloon pix. Here's one from the Evening Glow...

http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l577/Turnagaintoo/New%20Mexico%20Fall%202011/

Sober for the Revolution!
                        AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

"We wanted BBQ, not prick-on-a-stick. Humph." :H:H I still do not quite understand the food truck thing. I picture it as something one usually sees at county fairs and carnivals???

"I sort of meant emotional / behavioral clearing out but if it's external you need well that's good too. "
                          Ooopsie! :H I guess I'll work on that after I get rid of some physical clutter!

Lav--I may just consult you for advice on Ebay selling. I really wish the American Pickers would come for a visit. I might send them a message too.
                          As far as Craigslist--I will check that out too, I don't think we have it locally, but maybe that doesn't matter.

It was a nice day however unproductive. I love getting my hair done and I did a little power shopping at Walmart. It will always amaze me how all those little purchases add up. And I did buy a new scale. Maybe that will motivate me to get busy.

Turnagain-I can't wait to check out your balloon pics!

Hi everybody! (WIll be patiently waiting for the poets to chime in!!!:h
                          The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Heya abberoonies. Looks like everyone had a productive Friday. I had a busy one as well, then picked up the little one from daycare and my stepdaughter from her mom's. She is having a friend over and I made BBQ pork, spicy rice and a big salad. The girls are now eating junk food and doing their nails, listening to their iPods. My son played with his Legos and chased the girls around the house. The Mister was goofy and the girls made fun of his uncoolness.

As I watched this all unfold, I almost felt outside if my own body. Because on a "normal" night, I would have been smashed. I would have been loud, spilling things, embarrassing my stepdaughter, and been clueless the next day. But tonight... Tonight I was present.
                            Day 1 again 11/5/19
                            Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                            Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                            Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                            11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                            12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

checking in from Old Cape Cod!! took me 4 hours due to lots of traffic. Geez, I thought everyone would be heading north for leaf peeping! Hotel is rinky dink-room is wicked small and there is no hot water!!:durn: hopefully will be fix by morning. Nice view of P-Town from the parking lot tho and there really is a beach right across the street. can't wait to check it out tomorrow. Dad arriving around noon-hoping he'll want to walk around town for a bit before we hit the Roll and Bowl event the bride and groom are putting on tomorrow nite.

Turn-no album!! just the pick of the balloon you posted. boo hoo.

ready to pass out (naturally, not substance induced unless you count an awesome pasta dish for dinner :H !)
                              New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Working...
                              X