Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Saturday 10/8

Wakey Wakey!

Reception last night was fun, feel great, off to yoga!
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

AF Daily - Saturday 10/8

greeneyes;1189681 wrote: Wakey Wakey!
    Been up for six hours :H
    Workin
    sigpic
    AF since December 22nd 2008
    Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

AF Daily - Saturday 10/8

Good morning Abbers!

I'm up feeling good, drinking coffee & telling myself to get to work - soon :H

Hope you have a great day greenie, Marshy & everyone!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF Daily - Saturday 10/8

Morning abbers!
        I'm up and drinking coffee and not quite awake yet. Today we have some #'s to crunch for hubby's business, then off to do some weedwhacking on a property my dad owns that is apparently a mess (afraid to see it!) and then up to dad's place for dinner. It's thanksgiving weekend here in canada so lots of running around this weekend.

But one thing is for sure - no AL for this girl!

Have a great day guys!
        Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
        :h

Comment

AF Daily - Saturday 10/8

Heya abbaliciosness,
          Some errands today, then a birthday party for the Mister's mom.
          Cleaned my house till 11pm last night because I knew I wouldn't get to do my Saturday ritual. (dork)
          Today is day 15, so half way through the 30 days. I haven't decided if I will mod after 30 days or not. My addiction counselor says I need to decide. Right now I'm enjoying 30 days. And after that I may enjoy 30 more I don't know. I think if I decide today that I'm going to have a drink in two weeks that my frame of mind will change and I will just be not drinking as opposed to AF.
          Idk, this is probably for another thread.

Determinator, I am a female version of you with the garlic. Lol my Facebook status the other day, for example "Nursie logic 101: if the recipe does not call for garlic, add 4 cloves. If recipe calls for 2 measly cloves, add 6 cloves. If unsure, add the whole head. More garlic more better"
          And don't even get me started on the hot peppers!
          Day 1 again 11/5/19
          Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
          Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
          Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
          11/27/19: messed up but back on track
          12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

AF Daily - Saturday 10/8

Morning everyone - I haven't been on the threads for a while - but know I feel better and stronger when I am here - so here I am.

It's beautiful weather here and I am heading to the gym - hope everyone is doing great.

My plan tonite is AF at the hockey game - easy because I can't stand the lite beers they sell, and I cancelled a trip to Vegas next week for work - who needs the temptation, right? I need to get stronger before I face that music.

Det and Nursie - how can you get a reluctant spouse to love garlic?? I throw it in everything, and he probably thinks I have too heavy of a hand on it.

Welcome to an AF day.....

Comment

AF Daily - Saturday 10/8

Prick on a stick????? I was reading all the posts from the last few days to get caught up and almost sorted tea out of my nose!

Good mornin? everyone. It?s been a little hard to post daily the last couple of weeks. I think I have determined that I have a toxic job. It has really been bad for the last couple of weeks and has been a major challenge to stay AF. Every time the idea pops into my head I think I smell popcorn from around the corner or behind the couch (get it?.) Anyway, the company I work for is huge (30K employees) so I am going to start looking at other business units to see if I can find something that will get me back to a fun job like the one I have used to be.

Today me and Mrs. IMJ are going fishing ? that is a euphemism for hitting all the local salt water fish stores in the area. Not sure what she had in mind to get but that is something we both enjoy. She is much more selective then I am. She acts like it is buying a dog! She wants a complete history ? how long has it been in the tank, what is it fed, how was it caught? Yes, they have different ways of catching reef fish. Way one is that the diver swims into the reef and shoots a chemical into an school of fish which temporarily paralyzes them. The other way is more natural with a net or tank raised. Mrs. IMJ will not consider the ones caught chemically. I guess if you are paying $50 to $100 for a single fish, you can be picky!

Last week I dropped my freaking iPhone and totaled the screen. I figured it would give me an excuse to buy the new iPhone 5 that was to be announced. Turns out that there will not be an iPhone 5 yet ? it?s going to be a 4s which isn?t exciting enough for me to upgrade. So I ordered the parts to fix my phone. They came in yesterday so that will be part of my weekend as well.

Ok, I am off to get ready for the day. I?ll check in later and see what all is up to.

Hope you all have a great AF day!
              IJM

Comment

AF Daily - Saturday 10/8

Good morning all....

Its great to see how everyone is getting through all of life's stresses - big and small - without alcohol. I have found that gratitude provides me with a potent protective sheath at this point in my renewed AF life.

Yesterday...when I picked up our 2010 Tax Filings (EXTENDED!) from our accountant, I found out we OWE taxes to the gubmint. "My" old liquor store was right on the way home. But before I could turn in...this great little thought popped in my mind: The money I have saved from NOT drinking and smoking for nearly 3 months is just about the same amount that we owe the IRS. We can pay this - no sweat as I have been 'saving' this money in a special account at the bank.

Now that's what I call saved by the spin! I drove on...got home and popped on the board. Drinking disaster averted and payment problem solved.

Marshy and Lav...I am joining you in working today. Weekends don't have the same meaning when you're self-employed. I also have work at home to finish today while the weather is good...

Pictures please, IJM, of the pretty fish you bring home today? Good luck with the iphone repair. I have been through that. You're taking the correct route. I bought a big old ugly "OTTER" cover for mine after I fixed it. So it doesn't look sleek...but hey...it keeps working even after I drop it.

DoggyG - what a CUTE avatar. IS that your little pup (a Boston?) all dressed up for HOWL-o-ween? And speaking of Avatars...Greenie...my what piercing eyes you have!

Uni - Happy Thanksgiving! A few years ago, when my son was playing juniors in BC we got to celebrate Canadian Thanksgiving with his billet family. It was so much fun to have Thanksgiving twice that year. It is my FAVORITE holiday...it's got it all...Gratitude...Family and great food!

Doglvr...great decision to forego bad beer at the game. Who are you watching tonight?

Nursie...good on you for the long AF stretch. I don't want to preach to you...but I will share my own experience for what it's worth. I would go for long stretches without drinking...and then would have just 'one or two.' And within weeks...if not days...I would be back to daily extreme drinking. Each subsequent episode was worse...I drank more and hurt more. This last time...I did something different. I finally accepted that my body just does not tolerate ANY amount of alcohol. That decision has been so liberating! I stopped mourning what I was 'giving up' and began focusing on what I was getting - my health...my self-respect...my future. Life isn't perfect...but it is real and I can deal with it and feel good even when things go bad.

xxxx to all....
                Sober for the Revolution!
                AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

AF Daily - Saturday 10/8

Happy AF'ing Weekend from sea to shining sea!

Nursie, we are most certainly related! how cool.

Dollvr, great to see you!

Turn, the pictures are working now and they are very groovy. the one picture it looks like the guy is holding the hot air balloon by a string....cool. and good job riding ooot that craving!

well i slept in bigtime this morning and I'm totally happy 'bout that. I needed the sleep.
                  off to a childs Bday party today. in my old days it was a bitch trying to figure out how to incorporate imbibing at a such an event even though its totally inappropriate. somehow I'd always figure out a way to go to the bathroom and sneak some chugs off a bottle. ugh! how disgraceful. and I was just sure that the breathmint would hide any al odors. LOL

ok, i go peel garlic for breakfast

be well everyone
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

AF Daily - Saturday 10/8

Oh Det...I had to do a doubletake of your last line...I'll blame it on my aging eyes...but at first, I thought you wrote...

i go PEE garlic...!

That pix you were talking about? Those are some friends of ours who went with us to the Balloon Fiesta....I can't wait to email them that...quite the fun accident!
                    Sober for the Revolution!
                    AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

AF Daily - Saturday 10/8

Naw....I WISH the doggie in my avatar was my very own little doggie but alas, I do not have my very own LITTLE doggie...yet.

HI FABBIES!!!

IJM I feel your pain cracking the screen on your iPhone. Been there done that. Had to send it off somewhere for repair. Got it back, and the screen they put on it was defective and had an area that didn't pick up the touch. So had to send it back again and argue about who was paying shipping, etc. etc. blah blah blah. That is when Mr. Doggy bought a third iPhone so we always have a backup if something like that happens again to either of our phones. I hope your repair goes smoothly. Glad you smelled the popcorn. :b&d:

Dog Lvr great to see you! And good for you having the courage to cancel that trip and put your sobriety first. It won't be this challenging forever.

Nursie - you are right this is not the place to discuss the mod drinking. Mainly because nobody on this thread can help you beyond telling you that all of us tried and none of us were successful. I don't think I'm speaking out of line by saying that - usually I will only speak for myself. I guess I will ask you this - you've been posting about the positives of being AF. What do you think is going to be different for your with AL this time? (I assume it was not a wonderful relationship before, since you're here) What is changed? I will only speak for myself here - 60 days of AF time changed NOTHING for me and AL. Nothing. Re-engaging just quickly destroyed everything I gained from getting AF in the first place, and then try as I might, I STRUGGLED to get AF again. That took 8 months. Scared the shit out of me. I'm afraid if I ever drink again i will NOT be able to get back on the wagon. Rationally, I see now that if I could just decide on a dime to drink or not drink, I never would have developed a problem. The real issue for me is that once I drink, my life belongs to AL. I am no longer in control. That is scary and not a place I ever want to go again if I can help it.

Greenie - so...do we get to hear some details about this reception???

Hi marshy! I am following the World Gymnastics Championships in my spare time (:H) and I understand Great Brittain's women's team qualified in the top 8 teams so will be competing in the Olys next year. I'm sure that will be exciting for them at the "home" Olys!

Uni - have a great family weekend!

Lav - good to know you are so busy right now with work! Ours is still up and down and scary...

Turnagain - I'm with you on gratitude. It's a great tool for me. It's my pity party antidote many times.

Hi Det, Sunny, LVT and other fABbies yet to come.

I guess I better give some thought to what I will say tonight when I tell my story at the Open AA Speaker Meeting.....

One thing is for sure...I defo won't be drinking tonight! :H

DG
                      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

AF Daily - Saturday 10/8

The reception was fun because that place and the event organizers put off a good vibe. Big happy energy sort of thing. What really made it fun was the friend that went with me is very happy and engaging with everyone she interacts with in a beaming sort of way. That's fun to be around.
                        sigpic

Comment

AF Daily - Saturday 10/8

Good evening all,

Well, I'm back with a confession -
                          I went on a date with YB :H :H

He sent me a text message last night asking if I would go to the outlets with him today (where I took my daughter on Thursday) so he could buy new jeans - really :H Then he said he would buy dinner so I agreed to go. Nothing major from him but I really do think he is trying to act more normal? He dropped me off here saying he would come back tomorrow to till the garden & wash windows which is perfectly ok by me No, I'm not making any big deal of this, I just plan to smile & say thank you!

Glad you enjoyed the reception with your friend greenie! It's so nice to be around happy people - really!!!!

IJM, did you fix your phone?

Doglvr, hello, glad yo are well!

Nursie, I made all my attempts at moderation before finding MWO - failed each & every time too. I think most of us have passed the point of being able to return to 'normal drinking'. For me it's like potato chips ~ can't have just one
                          I am sooooo much better off without AL.

Hi Marshy, Uni, Turnagain, Det, Sunni!
                          Hope your talk went well tonight DG!!!
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF Daily - Saturday 10/8

Thanks everyone for the support and advice. I will definitely post in a different thread about that issue. Sorry if I kicked up anybody's stuff. It's obviously still got a death grip on me. :/
                            Day 1 again 11/5/19
                            Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                            Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                            Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                            11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                            12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

AF Daily - Saturday 10/8

Nursie, it's cool. Nobody's stuff is kicked up. (I can say that because I'm queen of the universe :H) This IS the place for you to get in a 30 day stint. We try not to let you waver in that time, or beyond. We just are useless in discussions about whether or not to drink after that. We tried and can't. You sure sound happy AF.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X