X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF DAILY Sunday 9th October

Well I did it!!
    90 Days AF
    Not a drop of alcohol has passed these lips in that time and I'm so grateful
    Thanks to everyone on here who has helped me through my moments of doubt and fear that it could be done but particularly to those who have just enjoyed my successes. It means so much to have people rooting for you and everyone of AF daily does that so well. :goodjob:
    I believe I've gotten over the intitial everyday temptations to drink and now I'm in it for the longer haul.
    That involves remembering daily that I can't control alcohol. It controls me.
    That involves daily surrendering (just a little every day) It's like a simple tap on the head to say OK you'll be fine as long as you don't go thinking you're over this or you can drink safely today. You can't and you never will be able to. Get over it. Enjoy life sober. That's how you were born and lived the first half of your life when your brain cells were overflowing with life and vitality. Count yourself blessed.
    It also means remembering on a daily basis that will still be times when I feel and overwhelming urge but that it's only a temprary aberation and it will subside if I surf the waves the way I was taught in the toolbox section. it means having faith that it can be done long term with just a little effort.
    My dependence on alcohol hadn't taken over my life or relationships. I was/am simply an overindulgent drinker on the way to developing a full blown dependency but I am in no way different from anyone else even the most severely addicted. I know that I have to keep on working on the rest of my life and root out all the false programs for happiness that I engage with on a daily basis in order to conquer this long term. Thus, my recovery will involve constant attention to the the stuff that leads to inner peace and transformation. For each of us that path is different but we each have to find it.
    I'm off to enjoy my day now with my family.
    If any of you feel inclined to send up a prayer for my continued success I wouldn't say no!
    Have a great day lovely abbers. Here's to the next milestone of 120 days
    Treya X
    AF since 11 July 2011
    You can never get enough of what you don't really want

:yay:CONGRATULATIONS, TREYA ON 90 DAYS AF!!

I never post on this thread but I do read your posts and I am so happy for you....here's looking forward to 120 glorious AF Days!

Comment

:wd::happy: CONGRATS ON YOUR 90 AF DAYS TREYA!

I'm very happy for you! I love that you feel safe & secure in your AFness & we all do need to remember to be grateful each & everyday!

Rusty, you need to post here more often
      G stops in here too - you may be able to catch him!!!!

Good morning to all Abbers! I am grateful to be alive & well today, AF & looking forward to having my windows cleaned outside by YB :H I'll do the inside window cleaning when I have time

Wishing everyone a great AF Sunday!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Treya!!!!! Congrats girl!!! That's awesome, welcome to the club.
        Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
        :h

Comment

Hey folk's,

Congratulation's Treya! 90 day's is fantastic.

Now, Uncle G say's keep it going friend!

Best wishes G-bloke.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Hey folk's,

Congratulation's Treya! 90 day's is fantastic.

Now, Uncle G say's keep it going friend! :h

Best wishes everyone, and go kick some ass! G-bloke.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Rusty;1190164 wrote: :yay:CONGRATULATIONS, TREYA ON 90 DAYS AF!!

I never post on this thread but I do read your posts and I am so happy for you....here's looking forward to 120 glorious AF Days!
              Hiya Rusty!

Comment

Congratulations Treya on 90 days! This post made me weep, and I think it would be nice to have in the Toolbox too. Beautiful words and the logic...is so...logical.

Yesterday we took the kids to a safety and fire prevention day. My 3 year old got to go inside the fire truck and sheriff car (but not in the back like some of us), the ambulance, and got to make a rescue boat and pet the police dog. GREAT DAY!

Today, we have church then Lowes for a new mailbox and stuff. Then Yardwork. Exciting, right? Anyone want to come over for a firewood party? I will cook and make hot chocolate! Lol

Hope everyone has a beautiful day today.
                Day 1 again 11/5/19
                Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Hi Nursie,

I was often in the back of a police car too, lol.

Great to see you here, and best wishes on your journey.

Greg.

Comment

G, it was only once for me and it was such a stupid thing. But my drinking got me there and it was the turning point of making changes in my life.
                    I had a designated driver. Who was drunk. Only I was too drunk to know or care that he was drunk. He got pulled over, jumped in the back seat and threw the keys into my lap. The sheriff questioned us and of course I was irate that this person would do this, so I was yelling drunk girl style. They called for back up and arrested both of us for DWI and I had to tell my job. Report it to the state board of nursing. Etc.
                    After we got out, I went to his house with my iPhone on record, I had a talk with him and asked him why he put me in such a position. He apologized and said he already had 2 dwis and he was drunk, and could I get him a lawyer. I took that recording to the district attorney and my charges were dropped and my record sealed. But I would have never been in the situation if I hadn't been blasted out of my mind, someone could have gotten hurt, there could have been an accident.

I have made so many positive changes since that night, one of them reconciling with the Mister and taking a realistic look at my relationship with Al.
                    Day 1 again 11/5/19
                    Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                    Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                    Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                    11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                    12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Hello friends,

Treya--congratulations on 90 days! I feel that one is an especially life changing milestone. You've written a beautiful insightful post and I hope you share it in General for all to see!:goodjob:

Lav--perhaps you could send yb over to do my windows. We had wind, dirt and a sprinkle and now they look bad. I am glad he is helping you with some stuff around the place.

Nursie--that is quite an experience! Is that friend still a friend I wonder. Is he still a drinker? The main thing is you took a bad situation and have made some wonderful life changes!

G and Rusty--good to see you! Don't be strangers ok?

Hi Uni.:l

We spent the day yesterday in the basement. Hubby was cleaning up the mess in his "gun room" and I was moving shelves and putting my canned goods away. I am forcing myself to go through all the boxes stored under the stairs and sorting. I think I'm making some progress but we were interrupted by a visit from my hubby's aunt and uncle which was really nice. So hopefully today we'll get some more accomplished.

I'm teaching Sunday school today so I best get going. Our weather is wet and cold. I think I am almost ready for winter. Almost.

Have a great sober day all and Hi to all to come!:h
                      The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Good Morning Abbers!
                        Thank you Treya for such an inspirational start to the day. I recommitted to this website yesterday and decided as I woke up today, that I wil start the day with a quick post on here. The only issue is that once I get on here, I get absorbed in so many posts that the time dwindles. But they all help me along.
                        A couple minutes ago my husband asked me to go to the store to get us a couple energy drinks. I told him I would, but to let me go on my daily thread real quick. He said, "What? Daily Bread?". I kind of got a chuckle out of that because getting doses of encouragement on this website are kind of like a "daily dose of bread". We must keep ourselves fed so that we do not hunger for the old habits.
                        "Today's Test Is Tomorrow's Testimony"

Comment

Treya - :goodjob: 90 days AF is magnificent! Great post and wishing you all the best!

GoAway - :welcome: back! I agree - this is my daily bread as well!

LVT - I have a hubby with a "gun room" too! He's an avid deer hunter so I sometimes consider myself a "hunting widow" from October until December!

Nursie - wow - what a story. Interesting what makes all of us stop and realize the moment when we know we need to make a change. Good thinking using the cell phone to record that conversation!

Happy Sunday to Mr. G, Rusty, Lav, Uni and everyone else!

Went on a 3+ mile hike with my daughter yesterday at nature center and planning on a bike ride with my best friend later today! The leaves are beginning to change and I love being outside this time of year.

Hope everyone makes it a great day!
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

:yougo::yougo:CONGRATULATIONS TREYA ON 90 DAYS AF!!!:yougo::yougo:

And thank you for that beautiful post to kick us off for the day!! I have sent a request up to the Universe to bring you peace and happiness along with AFness today!

Nursie - WOW what a terrifying experience that must have been. I applaud you for not only viewing it in terms of yourself (gratitude for not having a DUI on record, losing job, etc.) but also the gratitude that others were not effected. When I was actively drinking, my world view really centered on me. It was all about me and how *I* was affected by my own actions and the actions of others. I'm glad I have grown up just a tad and now at least try to consider how my actions might affect others and not just me.

Good to see you GoAwayC. and a hearty hello to everyone else!!!

I'm zoom zoomin. I slept later than I wanted to this morning (until SEVEN :egad. I'm behind on the day but at least the shopping and errands are done. Now I'm hitting the books in hopes of feeling ready to go ahead and take the dual disorders midterm tomorrow. Couldn't do it if I were hungover, that's for sure. I probably couldn't have handled grocery shopping if I were hungover, much less the study of mood & anxiety disorders, schizophrenia, etc.

So.....one thing is for sure!! I'm grateful to be sober today and that is all.
                            DG
                            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                            Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Good Mornin’ all –

First of all, Treya – totally awesome. I am right behind you and can’t wait until I can claim those 90 days! I especially loved your insight. You should be really proud of yourself.

Nursie – Your story was very interesting. Just curious, was there any repercussions with the state board once you reported the incident? Mrs. IJM is an RN as well so I was just morbidly curious what happened. I know that some nurses that she works with have gotten into other issues (controlled substance abuse) and the GA board came down pretty hard on them.

Goaway, Welcome and thanks for joining us. Just pull up a chair and stay around. Today is the hardest but MOST IMPORTANT step you can make. Just commit yourself like so many of us did in the past and you will do fine. Post here with any concerns, feelings, questions, thoughts, mindless dribble – it doesn’t matter – just stay around for help and inspiration. Without this tread I don’t think I would be where I am today.

So yesterday totally blew! I tried to replace the iphone screen and fried it! Mrs. IJM left the room. She said she saw that coming as well as the web of profanity that I wove throughout our house. So now I have to order another screen. Glad they are only $7 on eBay but I have to wait another week for it to get here! Feck! Maybe I should be in LVT’s Sunday school class this morning….

Lav, why don’t you trade the inside window cleaning for another meatball sandwich. Just sayin…

Good morning to G, Rusty, Uni, Jolie, Doggie and everyone else that shows up today.

I haven’t graced the tread with a IJM thought of the day so here is one to inspire you all: Why is it when we talk to God we're praying, but when God talks to us, we're schizophrenic?

IJM

Comment

Working...
                              X