Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF DAILY Sunday 9th October

Happy Sunday ABenators near and far!

Treya, super good job! so pleased for you dear.

GoAwayCabernet great to have you in the 'hood.

Lav, how did date with YB go? sounds more positive...yay!

well, I survived a childrens bday party last night and I must say I was NOT comfortable with the social scene. it was a large crowd, people that I don't know. the church pastor was there. maybe I'm just over analytic but these kinds of events just feel so fake and pretentious to me. Maybe I'm just a cranky antisocial weirdo. yep, I think that's it. at least there was no AL so what the hey.

well, off to sneeze on the day. I mean seize the day.

be well
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

Comment

Way to go Treya! It is inspiring to hear how you have liberated yourself from alcohol. Your brain is firing on all cylinders and your system is free of the toxin that does so much damage. That is power. That is strength. I know you will continue to get even stronger. The milestones will keep coming!
      Sober for the Revolution!
      AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Hey guys, Just checking in before the Amazing Race starts! What an amazing day - it was so beautiful out here (odd for us up in Canada at this time of the year). My daughter played hockey this morning and seeing her smiling face just lights mine up as this was her week at her dads. (she comes home tomorrow - we do the week on, week off thing). Then we went and got groceries and vegged out and watched some football. Then I remembered that I forgot to buy pumpkin pie for dinner tomorrow night (Cdn Thanksgiving) so hubby and I jumped on our bikes and rode to the store. It was so exhillerating - we just got the bikes last week (free!!! And they are like brand new, got them from a friend). I just felt so peaceful and happy.

So now we are going to watch our 2 shows in our pj's and then go to bed! tee hee
        Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
        :h

Comment

Evening one & all!

IJM, it's just amazing what you can get done with a potful of meatballs :H
          My friend, a born & raised South Philadelphia Italian girl taught me how to make the meatballs & sausage in a big pot of 'gravy' (spaghetti sauce to the rest of us).
          Everyone loves them even my grandson Sorry to hear about the passing of your iPhone!

Uni, Happy Thanksgiving to you & Sunni tomorrow! Enjoy the pumpkin pie!

Hi Turnagain, Det, DG, LVT & Jolie. Welcome back GoAwayCab! Stick around with us for a while

Well, most of the windows were washed on the outside. YB suddenly noticed how dirty the siding was getting & started cleaning that as well :H I'm really, really glad that he's finally starting to notice things & people other than himself Who knows, maybe there is still some hope left......but I'm not getting too excited yet. I will continue to stand by & be neutral
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

TREYA - CONGRATULATIONS ON 90 DAYS!!!!! I'm jealous

Hi all - so glad to say I made it through last night
            TURN - Capitals won in Overtime - yeah!!!! - sorry for any NC Hurricane fans.

Made dinner for a bunch of friends - and my pellegrino tasted fabulous!!

Take care everyone - will post when I get time tomorrow.
            So glad to be back

Comment

I thought about you guys today while I was hiking with my family. We were On a blue diamond trail (the hardest trail) and I was thinking I couldn't wait to tell y'all what a great day it was. Then I thought we can add it to the thread of what to do for fun if it's not already there. When I figure out how to post pics, I can show ya.
              Hope everyone's day was great. I didn't drink and it felt normal so mine was great. I have so much energy!
              Day 1 again 11/5/19
              Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
              Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
              Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
              11/27/19: messed up but back on track
              12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

DogLvr, yay for pellegrino success story! that's one of my fav drinks at restaurants incidentally.

Nursie, hiking is such a great healthy activity, that rocks! dont' you just love the AF energy? i used to be so slow and tired all the time in my 'blurry' days. I sure don't miss that.

Lav, you you've got me thinking about a marinara sauce...yummo

ciaoski all
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

Thanks to all for your lovely comments. It feels good.
                  T
                  AF since 11 July 2011
                  You can never get enough of what you don't really want

Comment

Working...
                  X