Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy News

Hi All!

I just wanted to share with all of you that Maddy got an e-mail from one of her top college choices that she has been accepted. She came home from work tired and cranky, but the mood lifted in a moment! It was a great Christmas present for her--as she put it, "Now I know for sure that I am going to one of the colleges that I WANT to go to!" So she is really happy tonight.

Also to follow up with a few people who wanted to know about what she got for me (since she was really excited about her present to me), she got me a spa treatment, including a massage, a haircut, and a manicure. It was quite an expensive present, and she was really proud to be giving her mom something so luxurious! I can't say that I was at all disappointed, either!:H This mom is looking forward to several hours of luxury!

Anyway, I am happy to report such happy news to all of you that have been so supportive when I have been upset about all of Maddy's and my ups and downs.

Thank you and blessings on this Christmas Eve!

Hugs,

Kathy:l
    AF as of August 5th, 2012

Happy News

Dear Kathy,

Good to hear the news. It's not always easy to weather life's storms. But with the help of God and good friends, it becomes at least a bit more bearable.

I'm on break until 5 January, which includes a conscious break from internet ... which can also be addictive, grin ... During this time, I'm really trying to make a conscious effort to become AF again. Yup, as one of our friends mentioned in her posting ... we've had many first days ... Let's hope it's the beginning of a definite first day AF...

Have yourselves good holidays,

Love,

Paddy
    Paddy
    Time's fun when you're having flies. - Kermit the Frog - eace:

Comment

Happy News

that's great news kathy
      i'm so glad that things are turning around for the better for you
      you have given so much to so many people on this board i guess you could possibly be Ms. Santa Clause
      Merry Christmas and a Happy new year

Comment

Happy News

Kathi,
        That is such wonderful news! I am so happy for you AND Maddy. NOW - where she is going?? Hope it is not too far away. Enjoy your day of beauty - you know how I feel about massages! Maddy sounds like she is turning into very thoughtful young woman ....
        Hugs,
        Pans

Comment

Happy News

Good news indeed Kathy.

It's Christmas morning and I have been up for an hour now. Nobody else seems to want to wake up, so I shall have to stomp around the place until I make enough noise and 'accidently' rouse my wife and son from their slumber......oops..I just dropped a frying pan on the floor......

Merry Christmas everyone.

Comment

Happy News

Kathy, what great news, that in itself must have felt like a wonderful Christmas present for both of you.

Paddy, I'm rooting for you, come on lad you know you can do it,

Paulb, WHY ARN'T YOU READING ALL THOSE TERRY PRATCHETT BOOKS YOU BOUGHT IN WH SMITHS YESTERDAY????? Ha ha,

Have a peaceful day everyone,

Love Louise xxx
            A F F L..
            Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

Happy News

You know .... sometimes, being on your own, isn't all that bad ?

Just learning that.

Comment

Happy News

Kathy -

That super news for both of yyou. Just knowing that you will be going someplace you want to not have to go makes a world of difference for the reminder of one's senior year! I am happy for you both.

And you - well you certainly deserve a luxury day at the spa! Enjoy that wonderful treat.

Have a very Merry Christmas!
                Hawk

Comment

Happy News

That is great Kathy! And what a thoughtful gift from Maddy. What a great Christmas for both of you!

:goodjob: Maddy

Maggie

Comment

Happy News

Kathy,

This was good to hear: your Happy News, and ours too.

Best,

Capto

Comment

Happy News

Kathy,

:l :l !!

Love and more blessings.
                      Nancy
                      "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Happy News

Dear Y at H......Fantastic news!! It must be SUCH a relief for Maddy, and an even greater one for you....we moms do tend to want better for our kids than we ever do ourselves, and it is always a great comfort when things seem to be heading in the right direction for them.
                        Particularly nice for her after her gift to you...a case of instant karma????? Enjoy your spa day Heart (I think this is a very appropriate shortening of your name, your posts are always full of yours)
                        Are we thinking of a noo avatar after the rejuvination??? Young at heart and in body after the pampering....a picture of Shirley Temple perhaps.......just don't sing....(that childs voice is an aural cheesegrater)

Have a VERY happy holiday with your family...sounds like a lot of the ingredients are there for that
                        Much love.........and thanking you VERY much for your posts, warm, funny, loving, thoughtful .....they really are the biz Kathy, and they always leave a shine on this little melons rind!!!xoxo

Comment

Happy News

Merry Christmas Kathy...AND Maddy, what wonderful news! EnJoy!
                          Love,
                          Dianne

Comment

Happy News

Kathy,
                            I'm behind a few days but I am so Happy for you both. What a relief!!!!
                            Now you can REALLY relax during that wondeful massage you're going to get. What a nice Xmas present form Maddy.
                            Happy Holiday to you both.
                            Hugs,
                            Janet

Comment

Working...
                            X