October Opportunities - Week Two

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

very cute Chill! Do you have a fireplace? Can't quite see what's at the end-these old eyes and such :H

I'm really getting to like smaller places. As long as the furniture fits or you can find furniture to fit they are really quite cozy. For 17 years i've felt uncomfortable in my bedroom and never felt like it was the sanctuary it should be. Now it is!! Oh and my new office? Going to paint it dusty rose pink. Because I can!! :H
    New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Happy Friday to all!

Sorry - been away for 2 days because of internet issues. Well I am happy to report that I have finally said goodbye to dial up! Just installed my new 4G USB modem and I cannot believe how fast my internet is now! Not to mention the fact that I can take my laptop with me all over the house and I'm not tied down to the phone jack. I know you guys probably think I'm a nerd but you have no idea how liberating this is for me. I can no download itunes in less than 12 hours and can actually post pictures! Battery is getting ready to die - be back later!
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Jolie,

All right! I am so happy for you...you will have so much with your wi-fi......and NOOOOOOOOOOOO, I don't think you're a nerd at all. I've missed you. Howya doin'? How are the newlyweds getting on?

Comment

Rusty - I just loaded up your email with pictures of stuff :H :H

Jolie, welcome to the 21st century neighbor
          I'd have to kill someone if I had to use dial up! Actually I was stuck using it here when I moved in the summer of 2003. Took a year to talk the cable company into running cable down this road
          Hope you have a nice day for your Lancaster trip tomorrow

Hi papmom!

Chill, nice room - glad you are settling in & chilling a bit!!
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Rusty I hope you are feeling better and are in a good place, just come on here and vent away anytime you want. You are such a support for all of us and always so positive and enthusiastic but at the same time you seem to work yourself into the ground. I?m glad to hear that you are taking time out and being good to yourself, but maybe next time do it before you are exhausted? Constant travelling around the world and 16 hour work days are very taxing on the soul and I too am on that work hamster wheel so I know what I am talking about sister. I hear you on wanting to volunteer on Saturdays for the elderly at your church any maybe that will be an opportunity to relax and feed your soul, however only if it truly decreases your stress and exhaustion and doesn?t add more pressure. Please ignore me if I am talking out of turn but I worry about you and it?s coming from a place of concern and love :heart:

Lav you seem to be really enjoying Curves and losing weight at the same time is no bad thing alongside exercise for mobility and to get those endorphins flowing, good for you girl! As for YB I have no idea what to say ? I?m flummoxed to be honest, you clearly still have strong feeling for the man after your many years together. Jolie I totally agree with you on loving this time of the year, I must admit Scotland is just beautiful in the autumn and it is the season I love most because of the colours and changing scenery. I also love the cooler days and the smell of smoke as people start to light coal fires and wood burners, you can smell it on the way home in the evenings now. I just wish it would last longer and we could have shorter winters. Yaahhh to the fast internet connection !

Chill
            it must be a wonderfully peaceful feeling to relax for a few months and simply ?be? wherever you are and I hope you enjoy your new home, I know my surroundings have a huge impact on my feelings and emotions and I sense you are the same. I hope your new home is a little haven for the next 6 months or longer if you decide so. Love the word guddle ? my Mum uses it all the time and it made me smile, it somehow makes the experience sound much less stressful (nlp at work?). I?m sure you will work out a good exercise schedule for yourself no matter what the circumstances, and I love the picture of your new home, it looks very welcoming. Papmom3
            ? you are such a busy and energetic person I wish I could accomplish half of what you seem to get through in any one day ? how do you do it?? And on top of that you have a fulltime job, part time job, quilting class and goodness knows how many projects on the go. Why are you changing around the office/bedroom/attic? Maybe I missed that so sorry if I did.

Star
            I trust you are well and life is good, I realised recently that I don?t actually know what work you do, do you mind sharing? I am in the middle of reassessing my work life and my career and contemplating big changes so it?s interesting to hear what other people do. I would like to leave 2011 behind and start 2012 with new opportunities and a new zest for life. I?m sorry to hear of your temperature problems, been there and it?s no fun and unfortunately I have no advice and I too have tried everything

I?ve been reading back and catching up with you guys at the airport and on the flight and it?s great to read your posts. I am really looking forward to getting onto the hills on Sunday and we have such stunning scenery here at the moment I just feel so fortunate to be surrounded by so much natural beauty. Now keep your fingers crossed it doesn?t rain, however we will still go no matter what the weather. I?ve just heard from a friend who is over here from New York for a long weekend and she?s visiting me tomorrow so I?m really excited to see her again and catch up, great weekend ahead so must get some sleep.

Big hifive to SD & Rustop will catch up with you over the weekend!

Dewdrop :h
            Enjoy today - there will be no other one quite like it....

Comment

Just wanted to say happy late afternoon folks,
              Jolie congrats on high speed internet. I can't even remember what having a dial up connection was like. Course my memory's not what it used to be.

I'm feeling spoiled when I hear all of you talk about your jobs. Not even substitute teaching anymore. Volunteering at a homeless shelter 3 days a week and doing a little after school tutoring. I am lucky to be married to a very contented mathematician who doesn't seem to have any inclination to stop doing math any time soon.

Chill, wish I could package these sunny 75 degree days and swap with you. Sometimes a rainy grey day feels so soft and good to me. Too much of anything is simply too much. Hope you find a way to continue your exercise regime, know how much you love it.

Dew, have a good walking weekend. Hope it doesn't rain.

Pap, how is your new job, the one working with seniors? I use that word like I'm not one but more and more I'm qualifying for senior discounts. Life marches on.
              At least I'm done with night sweats. I slept with open windows and fans for years.

Lav, know I've been out of touch. Did your daughter move?

SD, don't we have 4 months pretty soon here???

Star, Rusty, Rustop, all of y'all. Have a cozy sober Friday night.

What ever happened to Sooty, Dill, LBH??

Comment

Hi Dewdrop - you must be home by now
                Enjoy your walk on Sunday!

Shelley, there you are :H
                Yes, my daughter has moved & I didn't drop dead or anything. More than ever I am keeping myself in the present moment, not worrying about past or future events & just staying as busy as possible. I have been blessed with more work the past few weeks which is a good thing & some folks are ordering Christmas gifts
                My main goal is to occupy my brain & hands so I don't start feeling sorry for myself - I know where that leads me & I'm not going there again :no:
                I'm glad your volunteer work keeps yuo busy 3 days/week - that's great!

I think by increasing the dose of my HRT & keeping my room as cold as possible & wearing cotton clothing......my night time hot flashes are under control. If I eat something I shouldn't (white flour, sugary products) then I suffer
                I was told years ago that smoking & drinking makes it worse so I figured when I quit they would go away - oh well.

The rain seems to have stopped & a cold front is supposed to be moving in - we shall see
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hello.............

Where is everyone?

I'll be outside cleaning the chicken coop today - lucky me!!
                  Have a great day everyone!

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hi I'm here!!

I meant to check in least night but...imagine that I fell asleep on the couch on a Friday night!!! ANother wild and crazy one here!!!:H

Lav-Chicken coop, huh?? I'm going to be cutting back some bushes, I guess??? Apparently, I need to do that in the fall (yep, according to my neighbor). Geez.... I also really need to clean....again....I swear my son is like that cartoon character from Looney Toons....that always spun in a tornado???? TAZ??? Tasmanian Devil??? :H

Sped--So good to hear from you!!! Yep...we are rounding another month here...they seem to be going pretty fast don't ya think?? Imagine how fast November and December will go??? THere never seems to be enough days in those months...maybe because I'm always scrambling to get my Xmas shopping done!!

Dew--Hope you made it home safe and sound!! And I think if you open a business you should think BIG...then you can hire both Chill and I!!!:H I'm really serious about looking at some different options career-wise as well. Perhaps just expanding on what I already do into private practice even?? I dunno how involved that would be....more than I think I'm sure!!

Rusty--How are you doing? I think it's awesome that you recognized you needed a day of downtime and took it. I think I'm still in the frame of mind of worrying of what people think....even more so with this new principal. I honestly feel like I should have probably just "been away" from that place for a day or two after all that crap 2 weeks ago. I admire you for being so strong!!

Jolie--I remember getting wi-fi in my house last year...it was so awesome....I loved being able to lay in bed and type on my laptop!!! Not having to sit at the computer in that hard chair was the best Christmas gift I got last year!!!:H

Chill--your house looks SOOO NICE!!! AND CLEAN!!!! No CLUTTER....TOYS....empty juice boxes on the floor!!:H I'm glad you are getting settled in and beginning to enjoy some chill time!!

Pap3--I will think of the room as a new beginning...that will be a perfect way of looking at it!! I need to really turn my thinking around...again there is that creeping in of "feeling sorry for myself" ya know!! Turn it into something positive!! Thank you everyone!!!

Well I better go get my Saturday started!!! Star...I didn't forget to answer your question that you asked me about being AF....it has just really got me thinking these past two days...reflecting on what I have done and what I am thankful for in these 4 months....I will get back to you on that.....very thought provoking question for me...thank you!:l

Wishing everyone a SUPER Saturday!!!!
                    SD
                    "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
                    7/29/12

Comment

Hi Guys
                      Where has my Saturday gone?!

I was up early and at the gym spinning - great class! Set me up for the day.
                      The rest has been shopping and making soup, collected my Parents from the airport then they came back to see my house and have just left....

Its hardly been light all day, one thing sadly about the West of Scotland is that the cloud sits really low so the grey blanket makes it pretty dark all winter. Mum & Dad never saw a cloud the whole week in Portugal and the temperature was perfect! *sigh*

SD - Is there opportunity for you to work privately? Like Dewdrop Id love to do something for myself but in the currect financial crisis its finding something that people are willing to pay for. For now i will stay in the safety of my job but alway looking out for ideas.

Lav - Probably the hot flashes would be worse if you were still smoking & drinking. Im amazed how much the drinking did effect me physically in ways I didnt even know. I used to get terrible colds, I mean absolutely dreadful ones. Id be really ill for a couple of weeks and my whole system would be shot to hell. I just thought thats how colds were! Now I get one for say a week and yes, its annoying, but it doesnt completely debilitate me the way they used to.

Jolie - Your post made me laugh! I have a vision of you sitting with your oil lamp and a wind up telephone :H

Dewdrop - I think our language is very important and not just our self talk, I do try to always used positive words, guddle is such a fun word! I hope you get on your hill walk tomorrow, you are a hardier breed than I, I think God meant to drop me on the equator and I got ambushed by some Scottish Spirit :H

Im really enjoying my new home, it just feels so much more "me".
                      "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                      AF - JAN 1st 2010
                      NF - May 1996

Comment

SD, you & Shelley are coming close to your 4 month

I have cleaned the chicken coop - the girls are happy. Did some more cutting of overgrown shrubs & I sanded & painted my back door - I'm beat!!!!!

Chill, I definitely feel healthier since my quits, no doubt!
                        Keeping my bedroom as cool as possible is a must for less interrupted sleep

Think I'll go stir fry some veggies for dinner
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Well Lav I had some veggie stir fry too for dinner then a huge piece of low fat mandarin cheesecake with soya cream.... It was yum yum yum

I'm beat too so goodnight my friends.......Zzzzzz
                          "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                          AF - JAN 1st 2010
                          NF - May 1996

Comment

hey Fabbers-well, the testing goes on. I rear ended someone this morning on my way to pick up my friend before we headed out to the Aussie shows. Their car sustained worse damage than mine I think and one passenger in their van said their back hurt (I was at a red light, she started to pullout, i looked to the left, it was clear and I started to pull out and WHAM!! For whatever reason she had stopped again. Doesn't matter, in MA it's my fault)-I couldn't have been going more than 5 mph and she was in the front seat so I fail to see how she could have been hurt when the driver wasn't. The ironic thing is they were heading to my quilt shop a few hundred yards down the road for the first stop on the annual shop hop!! Figures. I made it to my friend's and we headed out to western mass in her car. The show was pretty boring-I did get to laugh as I watched the duck herding. Now that is amusing. The agility was so so. After about an hour we headed to the playday where the minute we turned in the skies opened up in a torrential downpour for about 10 min. Nice. They had just put all the food out too. We still managed to gorger ourselves after it all cleared. Now I'm home, thinking about my insurance surcharge and higher premiums and my $500 deductable and the possibility I'll have to rent a car for however long it takes to fix my car. I figure paying $500 to fix a couple of thousand worth of damage is a bargain. I could leave it but would have no trade in value left.

Sped-nice to see you again. Hope you can join us regularly if you feel like it.

Dew-hope your hill walking is going just fabbers!! Can't wait to hear all about it.

Chill-I defo know what you mean about finally feeling like the house is you.

hey to Rusty, Rustop, Jolie, Star, Lav

Going to crawl into bad with a cuppa and lick my wounds.

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Ah papmom :l
                              Are you sure someone hasn't put a hex on you? Just asking :H
                              I sorry your day was difficult.
                              Not a drop of rain here for a change - about time too!
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

I don't know lav. I'm not sure why I'm being tested so much and what I did to deserve all this. Am I just being a crybaby and everything isn't as bad as it seems?

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Working...
                                X