X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily ~ Monday 10/10

Good morning Abbers

Here's a gift for DG

Wishing everyone a great AF Monday, I'll be back!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

AF Daily ~ Monday 10/10

Hellllloooooooo Johnny!!!!

Morning abbers! Today is going to be a nice lazy day. I have to put the stuffed chicken in the oven for dinner for our Thanksgiving but other than that not much to do. I am reading a mystery novel so I'll probably just veg out and finish that. Maybe go for a bike ride later - looks like it's going to be another beautiful day.

Have a fab one abbers!!!!
    Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
    :h

Comment

AF Daily ~ Monday 10/10

Good Morning fabbalenas!

Everyone sounded GREAT yesterday!!!! Special CONGRATULATIONS!!! to treya!!

This came across my eyes today. Eat foods prepared with tender loving care (TLC) rather than those cranked out by cheap uncaring laborers and fast food providers set on a quick profit. Need to do a bit more mindful eating.

Have a lovely start to your week!
      sigpic
      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

AF Daily ~ Monday 10/10

Yum! Yum! Way to start the day Lav! How can it not be a great day when it starts with a lil' dose of Johnny? I'm looking forward to a fantastic week filled with Fall weather. My favorite time of year! I'd like to go to a meeting this week. I've never gotten into the AA thing and to be quite honest with you, with 3 small children and a "not so supportive spouse", fitting the meetings in gets a little challenging. I have no family in the area and with the cost of babysitters, we're talking $10-$15 per meeting. Many would say, "That's what you'd spend on alcohol." But a main contributor to my no longer partaking in alcohol was because of the costs. I can't financially afford to be an alcoholic! So, until I get the opportunity to go to a meeting, this website is my morning meeting. Glad to be here!
        "Today's Test Is Tomorrow's Testimony"

Comment

AF Daily ~ Monday 10/10

Good morning abbers, I'm a late-join ... thank you Greeneyes for the reminder of cooking with TLC! I was just thinking about some frozen stuff I'd throw in my lunchbag ... but yes, I do have time to make REAL FOOD! I got horrible food poisoning Friday (from old, homemade soup) evening and still don't feel 100%. The only upside is that AL does NOT sound good right now ... nor solid food in general.

I'm 5 days AL free, and it hasn't been hard ... had one tiny trigger-pang grocery-shopping, seeing some wine on sale, but was with DH and my sensitive stomach said no. Will be more cautious once I'm feeling fine.

Looking forward to finishing October booze-free!
          "There are two types of education... One should teach us how to make a living, And the other how to live.? ― John Adams

Comment

AF Daily ~ Monday 10/10

Hey All!!

I'm 11 days AF and looking for some encouragement as today is Thanksgiving and I know the drinks will be flying!!

I'm going to the gym and hopping up on supplements....wish me luck!!

:thanks:

Boh
            http://www.aahistory.com/days.html

Round 1 - AF/NF Sept 29, 2011-June 23, 2012

Round 2 - AF/NF October 6, 2012-December 2012

Round 3 - AF/NF January 5, 2014 - ????

Third times a charm!

Comment

AF Daily ~ Monday 10/10

Hi Boh!
              I just mentioned this in the Newbies Nest - holiday dinners actually go quite well without wine ~ you just have to try one & find out for yourself Keep checking back in if you need to - we'll be here

Hi zincityzen! Welcome, glad to see you here & congrats on your 5 AF days!!
              Stick around with us for the rest of the month. We are serious about our AF lives here Hope you are feeling better today!

GoAwayC., MWO has been my substitute for AA too. This worked for me & I hope it does as well for you! Keep coming back each & every day to help keep your focus!

Hi Uni & Greenie!
              I couldn't get the link to work greenie - what's the website??

I'm all Curved out & in my shop working away now :H
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

AF Daily ~ Monday 10/10

BOH!....leave the drinking for the turkeys...hon! Lav speaks wise words.

Today..you can give Thanks that you are one day healthier and happier by not pouring a damaging liquid substance down your gullet and into your gizard.

Today...you can burn new pathways in your brain by CHANGING the old ways and doing something new.

EVERY time you do that...you get stronger...the old 'pleasure pathways' get weaker. Your brain will soon be enjoying a new buzz that comes from connecting the neurons in a healthy way. You will be building positive associations that will change the way you view this gathering.

Whenever I am faced with old situations where I used to think of drinking in a fond way...I immediately begin reciting a list in my head of what I have gained by being AF. I refuse to indulge in thinking in terms of what I have 'given up.' Because you know what? The only things I really gave up all needed to go away anyway!

You can do this...I KNOW you can!

Happy Thanksgiving to all my friends down south, eh?
                Sober for the Revolution!
                AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

AF Daily ~ Monday 10/10

Oh...DoggyG?

Is Johnny D YOUR boyfriend....too?
                  Sober for the Revolution!
                  AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

AF Daily ~ Monday 10/10

fABbies!! AND JOHNNY!!!! :h:h Thank you Lav! (I'll share, but only with you!)

:welcome: zincity and boh!!! Great to have you both here with us! Lot's of good AF energy on this thread.

Greenie - eating mindfully is something I need to do more of as well. What is it with food? I guess that's the "last frontier" for my addiction loving brain. Or maybe there is yet another frontier to be explored?? Gosh I hope not!

Uni - boy an afternoon reading a mystery novel sounds like heaven! Please remind me to do that once holiday break time rolls around!

Turnagain...TOO???? NON!!!! Johnny is mine all mine!!!!

Goaway, this place is my "meeting" a lot of days too!

Nursie - can't wait to see your hiking pictures! Sounds like you had an awesome day yesterday.

Hello to all other fABbies far and wide!

Well, one test down and two more to go in the next week. I think I did OK on this one. It's hard to get motivated now to dive right into studying for the next one, but that's what I gotta do. So zoom zoom.

Oh. I'm taking Johnny with me just so you ladies don't get any ideas!

One thing is for sure - AL will not be crossing MY lips today.

DG
                    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

AF Daily ~ Monday 10/10

Leave the drinking to the turkeys!!!
                      Well said Turnagain, love it :H :H

DG does have a long history with Johnny I'm afraid! :H

I fired up my laptop this morning, have MSN set as my home page & the very first thing I saw was that picture & just knew I had to post it here

Hope DG is studying with Johnny on her lap
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

AF Daily ~ Monday 10/10

Hi Levande & Doggygirl, You helped me last night. Happy to report Day 1 AF! Thank you. Having support makes SUCH a difference.

Today finally getting to grips with the paperwork pile up, "getting my house in order", made lovely healthy food for myself. Had a strong early evening craving but managed to ride it out.

Reading what everyone else is going through really helps. Thanks again to all :-)

PS. I hope to be changing my name soon but reckon I should give it a bit longer than one day!
                        You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

AF Daily ~ Monday 10/10

Hello all - Day 3 again for me - doing well today

Lav - I think that photo was a gift for me too!!
                          Happy Thanksgiving to the Canadians.

Comment

AF Daily ~ Monday 10/10

Hidy Ho ABeroooos!

big welcomes to our newbies!

Boh
                            CantbelieveI'mstillatit
                            and the return of zincityzen

just a quicky as it's a maniacal Monday and I'm zooming.

hitting the gym is a super idea, in fact I'm off to the park now even though it's rainy and cold.. I MUST do it! my last class for a week since I'll be on the road this Wed solid through to Tuesday. boo hiss!

on the subject of food I'm with Buddha on this one 'one cannot take eating too seriously'

be well
                            nosce te ipsum
                            (Know Thyself)

Comment

AF Daily ~ Monday 10/10

Hi zincity, boh, and believe! Great to see you here!

Lav, it wasn't a link. I just colored it to indicate a quote. Regarding the mindful eating, I am keeping apples and fresh ground peanut butter for emergency. Well technically, there is no crap in the house since I'm by myself, but I'm only a short drive from crap. :H I have a pretty strict rule about not eating at a place that serves food out a window.

Everybody is doing such an awesome job! Feel the power!!!
                              sigpic
                              Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Working...
                              X