AF Daily ~ Monday 10/10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily ~ Monday 10/10

Greenie - sometimes I'm clueless......thanks for explaining the non-link to me :H
    I am fairly picky about eating out around here. Bless the Amish & their 'home cooking' but their lack of refrigeration & proper food handling has been known to make people sick, sick, sick :yuk: I will only buy their baked goods which are usually pretty good if you don't think about the calories

Hi Doglvr & Det!

It was 85 degrees here yesterday, 81 today. 1" of rain on the way here for Wednesday - oh well. Guess I could catch up on housework or something!
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF Daily ~ Monday 10/10

Good evening abbers!

Lav - I did not know this about the Amish! Planning a day trip with my girlfriend to Lancaster in a couple weeks - guess I'll be careful what I choose at their markets

DogLvr - hang in there - it does get easier!

Helloooooo to Det, Greenie, DG, CBISAI, Turnagain and anyone I missed

Busy day at work and after hearing some comments from fellow workers about our IT department, I think I will only be loggin in from home from now own so I'll be catching up with all of you at the end of the day instead of the beginning!

Hope you all have a great evening! Off to catch the last 15 minutes of the new Rosie show!
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

AF Daily ~ Monday 10/10

Jolie,
        If you are actually going to Lancaster city you shouldn't have a problem.
        It's all those touristy places on the way to the city you have to watch out for.....
        If you go to the Central Market right in the city you'll notice there is refrigeration in there. Just don't buy their potato/macaroni salads with mayo - you know what happens to that stuff if it's not handled properly. Their canned foods seem to be OK
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF Daily ~ Monday 10/10

full moon!

Arrrrroooooooooo!! Arrrrroooooooooooooo!!

that's all
          nosce te ipsum
          (Know Thyself)

Comment

AF Daily ~ Monday 10/10

Hi Abbaroobaloobas!
            Welcome to the newer folks, and I thought Johhmy was my BF? Lol
            Another busy day today, some quick shopping, laundry and a BBQ at my Dad's with my Sis and all our kids.
            Nice to see the family. I knew they would ask to pour me a wine and I predetermined my response (thanks again Determinator) and said "nah I'll just have some nice cold water". nobody asked why, I didn't tell. I come from a family with our own revolving door to the "wagon". So the writing was on the wall. I was fine after I said water. Even though they were drinking, I was fine for today. I will not be so naive to say I can walk into those situations without a plan.

You know what else is weird? I have dreams that I was drinking and wake up like "oh shit I did it again" or I will wake up with that hung over feeling and then remind myself "dummy you are AF!!!"
            Or driving home at night worried about getting pulled over, and I'm like "Wait! Who cares? Pull me over I'm sober!!!" all these strange feelings getting sorted out.
            Day 1 again 11/5/19
            Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
            Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
            Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
            11/27/19: messed up but back on track
            12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

AF Daily ~ Monday 10/10

A big up thanks for the support! The encouraging posts were amazingly helpful knowing all you guys were here for me!

Turnagain that was hilarious! And that is exactly what I did, left the drinking for the turkeys! haha.. I was thinking of that post, the comic relief was great!

I made it just fine on cranberry juice and I had a great time with my family!

I truly love it here, thank you all! I find this this much easier knowing I'm not alone!!!!

One step closer....

:thanks:

Boh
              http://www.aahistory.com/days.html

Round 1 - AF/NF Sept 29, 2011-June 23, 2012

Round 2 - AF/NF October 6, 2012-December 2012

Round 3 - AF/NF January 5, 2014 - ????

Third times a charm!

Comment

AF Daily ~ Monday 10/10

absolutely fabulous Nursie and Boh!

sterling example of how it's done.