What's going on??
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF Daily - Thursday

det-we're here for you. Please check in and let us know you are OK. :h
      New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

AF Daily - Thursday

I will be. yes, I'm mostly ok thank you. i just drank a swig of beer.

I was waiting for my workmates to have dinner and finally I got a call from one of them (drunk) saying to go ahead and eat since they are still partying, which is fine by me, I'd rather eat alone that with a bunch of power-drinkers. off to a very promising restaurant named 'Johnny Garlic's' sit at the bar and order an o'douls as always. guys says they don't have o'douls but have coors N/A beer. I say that's fine and he slides it to me (label facing away) and I have a swig. moment of terror closes in. it's real beer. I slowly rotate the bottle and it's regular not even light coors. F*CK! I'm really angry. the barkeep is already gone so I'm sitting there with alcohol taste in my mouth and no water or anything. sitting there shaking with anxiety, starting to sweat. crazy thoughts are coursing through my brain. 'f*ck it may as well finish it....I've already 'drank' now. thoughts like this are coming and going. finally after an eternity he comes back and sees the look in my face. told him 'you gave me the wrong drink'. he was really embarassed. I was going to yell at him but it was obviously a mistake. thankfully my food came fast and eating really helped.
        I'm ok, just shook up. i wish I wasn't in a hotel. I wish I was home with my wife. but this is what I've got to work with and I'll have to make the most of it. thanks all for letting me bend your ear.
        nosce te ipsum
        (Know Thyself)

Comment

AF Daily - Thursday

Det,
          You were a victim of circumstance buddy -
          You did well! Sorry you had to go through that though
          Get a good night's sleep now
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF Daily - Thursday

thanks family. knew you'd be here for me. xxxxx
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

AF Daily - Thursday

Det....you are my hero!
              Sober for the Revolution!
              AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

AF Daily - Thursday

Determinator;1192836 wrote: but this is what I've got to work with and I'll have to make the most of it.
                My hero too! :h
                sigpic
                Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

AF Daily - Thursday

Bean,
                  The only question you need to ask yourself is how sick do you want to get before you do something about it?
                  Detrminator,
                  Thanks for the sugar warning again. We all need to hear it repeated and repeated. Sugar is a big problem for many of us. I am starting today on my staple anti-candida diet (that I do every so often when I feel the symptoms taking hold again.) I am convinced it was the candida problem that led to the wine problem. I crave yeasts and sugars to feed the (by now systemic) candida. Anyhoo, like you I have had a lot of success with Paleo or close to it -food combining -and once I've got the candida under control again I will return to the low carb lifestyle.
                  A question for anyone living in Uk. Does anyone know where I can get Lglut powder? I only seem to see LGlut pills in health shops and I'm not sure if the dose recommended has had much effect on my cravings. I find the only thing that works to cut sugar cravins is to give up the sugar and refined carbs altogether.
                  AF since 11 July 2011
                  You can never get enough of what you don't really want

Comment

AF Daily - Thursday

Treya, try vitacost.com
                    sigpic
                    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

AF Daily - Thursday

Det-I'm so proud of you!! Not only did you not give in to stinkin' thinkin' once your realized it was real beer, but you didn't attack the barkeep who had made an honest mistake. You rock!!
                      I hear ya on the whole job/traveling thing. I so wish you could somehow find a different line of work-one which keeps you active in mind and body but keeps you home with Dx. Promise me you'll do some research?? Hope you're on your way home soon. :l :h

Treya-how did you find out that you had unsafe levels of candida in your system? I have ALWAYS craved yeast products and most other carbs. If given a choice of bread or protein of any kind, and I am free to choose, I'll go with the bread every time. It's a struggle for me to get protein in my diet (or anything else except fruit for that matter).
                      New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

AF Daily - Thursday

Det :l

No wonder you were shook up! But you handled the situation brilliantly - kudos! Hope you're on your way home soon.

Geez... the stuff we have to look out for.
                        Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Working...
                        X