X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Friday

Glad to hear that Marshy - a nurse knows how to stick people properly:H :H
    Honestly, a pharmacist is a pill pusher (my FIL was one so I know) :H

Treya, the main stream medical folks won't believe in anything they can't write an Rx for.......
    Honestly, I'm sick of dealing with all of them
    Hope you can work out your diet so you are comfortable!

Uni, keeping sticking to your guns girl - you're doing great!

What are you up to today greenie??
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF Daily - Friday

Coming up for air - only have a few minutes!!!

Det - WAY TO GO!!! That would have freaked me out too. I've had dreams along the lines of what happened to you. HOLY SHIT BATMAN! I'm so glad you came here and reached out.

Bear, it's good to see you. The door is always open here - NEVER GIVE UP. Marshy made a great suggestion to call the AA number and go with someone. I would also suggest trying out several different meetings. Each group of people seem to generate a slightly different vibe. I never ever ever thought I would go to AA myself, but it's been so life giving for me. Who knows if it will be that way for you, but you won't know if you don't try it out. It's just a group of people who all have one thing in common - and it's not biting each other.

GAC - I really love your post. I admire you and all the others here who have gotten sober while living with a partner who drinks. Mr. Doggy is a "normie" and he does have the occassional beer with his pals but never when we are home alone together. I recall having that same motified :egad: feeling when I realized how bad alcohol smells. I too thought I was "getting away with it." :H

Bean - if you are reading, I truly hope you have the courage to look at where AL has taken you, and choose a different path. Rehab is a wonderful opportunity if you are able to view it that way.

Uni - that is cool about your degree in psych / social work! I have a degree but it's in marketing - so it really doesn't help me much in my career path as a counselor. It sounds like we have one class right now that is similar - I have one that is commonly referred to as "Dual Disorders" which sounds like something that was on your list. Would love to share more about our respective classes!

Hello to ALL you other fABbies!!! P3 I liked your post too about a productive week rather than a drunk/hungover/proscrastination week. Amen Sistah!!!

WholeApproach.com - Natural Candida Treatment - Systemic Yeast Infection and Candida Diet Recipes, Forums and Products
      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

AF Daily - Friday

hey..... Macarena!

thanks for the nice kickstart Uni

just now checked into yet a 3rd hotel in so many days.....ugh.

in a better mood even if I'm super tired and beat from a long day and not sleeping well last night after the incident. thanks again everyone for the super support.

GAC and Treya, super posts today. Treya if I may add that removing ALL grains and all gluten containing substances (even whole wheat and quinoa) will help you rebuild a compromised gut. for a really comprehensive look into this I'd recommend Dr Natasha Campbell-McBride. she's an absolutely brilliant PHD MD.

Papmom, this made me smile: In the tech world, I would've have been traded in for a new model because of this malfunction it's funny but true. we are all kind of messed up somehow. yet those imperfections and blemishes have also given us great character and layers of complexity. we wouldn't want to be boring now would we

ok, off for an early dinner and I'll be VERY carefully scrutinizing labels.

be well friends
        nosce te ipsum
        (Know Thyself)

Comment

AF Daily - Friday

Oops! I meant Holy list Treya!

Anyway - my friend is bitter, angry, resentful and just generally being a total Bitch about the whole situation. She has made comments like "oh, well I guess you can't be my friend because I screwed up and I must be the only person who has ever done that, like you haven't ever done that" and just general sarcastic comments like that. I said to her that I'm sorry you feel that way, I know that this is your addict talking and not you because the you I know is kind, caring, generous and loving and would never speak to me that way. I hope that you can work your way out of this negativity and I will always be here for you with loving and open arms when you are ready to focus soley on your sobriety and rid the negativity from your life. I love you dearly but cannot be with you right now, especially if you are going to lash out your pain at me.

So I know I handled it right but it's still hard. She's in a very resentful place and blaming the world for her problems right now and we all know what that does -resentments kill addicts. Period. I hope she finds her peace and can help herself out of this hole.

anyway on that note I'm off to bed - I'm exhausted.
          Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
          :h

Comment

AF Daily - Friday

Hello friends.

I've really enjoyed reading through yesterdays and todays threads this evening. Alot going on in AFland! Det--I had a similar experience last summer. I was drinking tonic and lime at a function. When hubby came back with a refill I took a big drink and whooohhaaa--apparently the bartender didn't know how to make a tonic and lime without vodka.Fortunately it didn't do a thing for me or to me--tasted just like the poison it was. Now if someone handed me a real beer by mistake....that might cause a problem.

Bean and Bear. I truly hope both of you take the huge difficult step you need to get the help you need to get sober for good. It is so worth it!:l

Uni-I feel for you with your situation with your friend. Good for you for taking care of you first!

Pap--what an amazing post! I can so relate to all the stuff I would never get done if I were on a stay home vacation. I was such a slug! Good for you!

Goaway--I get really irritated when I have to go to bed and breathe the stale beer and listen to my hubby snore like a friggin I don't even know what to compare it to. I lay there and get madder and madder sometimes. Last night he fell asleep in his chair (again) when he came to bed he turned off the porch light and locked the door. So when our son came home I had to get up and let him in. He didn't even know he wasn't home yet. Tonight we would be home alone together, but he has been doing some tree cutting for his mom and that kind of thing always involves beer, so I'm alone and not looking forward to faking niceness when he comes in.

IJM--sorry about your job struggles, but good for you for not drowning your problems. I hope you can work things out to your benefit.

It has been an interesting couple of days for me. I got a phone call yesterday morning from my ex-employer. She wondered if I could fill in for the techs in the afternoon and a couple of hours today. I really needed to get my cemetery stuff done while the weather is so nice, but I told her I could rearrange my schedule. I kind of wanted to get my foot in the door as I could use a little extra money this winter. When I "retired" 4 years ago, after working there for 26 years I got nothing. No going away party, no gift, no pay for the vacation I didn't get to use since everyone else took their vacations. Anyway, I told them in my resignation letter I would be willing to fill in if needed but it would cost them.
            I enjoyed myself yesterday, although I couldn't do any bookwork like I was used to. I enjoyed working with the animals again, but I just hate dealing with some of the clientele.
            Anyway, when she asked how much per hour I failed myself and said $15. Instead of $18 or $20 like I should have. If it happens again, we may have to talk. I did get a phone message from my ex-boss saying how much he really appreciated me helping them out and he wanted to make sure they made it right with me.
            The rest of my day kind of went downhill from there. I put myself behind on my outside work and the weather is going to turn Sunday. Oh well.
            Enough rambling. I am listening to the high school football game on my computer. Don't feel bad if you don't read my ramblings. But have a great weekend!:h
            The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

AF Daily - Friday

Awww Uni-you are handling this so well! I'm sorry you're friend can't see the trees from the forest right now-hopefully she will soon but in the meantime you are protecting your sobriety the best way you know how and that is all that matters right now. Big :l coming your way and you know you can vent away to us whenever you need to. We're here for you. :h
              New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

AF Daily - Friday

LVT, your ramblings are great! no worries here.

wish you didn't have boozy hubby to deal with. just keep up the good work and remember that could be the both of you. but it's not! yay! xxxx
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

AF Daily - Friday

Thanks Det!:l
                  The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

AF Daily - Friday

I'm here too! Almost pulled an IJM as well because my job as been in scree flux and restructuring, etc. I'm sick of being a boss too! Demmit. What a week. I feel like a super hero for getting through this week AF. And really, if I were drinking, I would have never been able to juggle the stuff I was doing.
                    Day 1 again 11/5/19
                    Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                    Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                    Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                    11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                    12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
                    X