AF Daily ~ Saturday 10/15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone. It's been a while, really intense work situation trying to fix mistakes made by a senior geologist and basically cover for him but overnight almost and then watch him take credit for it which sucks and also just way too much stuff to do. I hope you all forgive me for leaving it was just getting to the point where I felt I should argue a point and what for? I had my weekend away, and it was good, visiting fam. It was ok, expensive. But I knew that.

I just had my nine month anniversary yesterday.". I would like to say I'm caught up and know what's going on but I don't. Hope you are all well. Now it's out to get firewood. Take care everyone.

Kaslo
    Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Kaslo - we missed you! Good to see you back. (((hugs)))
      Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
      :h

Comment

Kaslo, very happy to see you
        Stick around - please

Hi to everyone who dropped in today!

I just wanted to say mission accomplished - I have a clean chicken coop. everyone can breathe easier now :H
        I've dumped in all in the garden which will be tilled in tomorrow by YB.
        I also sanded & painted my door & door frame - the sun has baked the color out of the paint over the last 8 years. I guess I need to stop thinking of this as a new house. There are lots of other outside jobs I want to get done before the cold weather gets here........looking for the energy :H
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

hey Fabbers-well, the testing goes on. I rear ended someone this morning on my way to pick up my friend before we headed out to the Aussie shows. Their car sustained worse damage than mine I think and one passenger in their van said their back hurt (I was at a red light, she started to pullout, i looked to the left, it was clear and I started to pull out and WHAM!! For whatever reason she had stopped again. Doesn't matter, in MA it's my fault)-I couldn't have been going more than 5 mph and she was in the front seat so I fail to see how she could have been hurt when the driver wasn't. The ironic thing is they were heading to my quilt shop a few hundred yards down the road for the first stop on the annual shop hop!! Figures. I made it to my friend's and we headed out to western mass in her car. The show was pretty boring-I did get to laugh as I watched the duck herding. Now that is amusing. The agility was so so. After about an hour we headed to the playday where the minute we turned in the skies opened up in a torrential downpour for about 10 min. Nice. They had just put all the food out too. We still managed to gorger ourselves after it all cleared. Now I'm home, thinking about my insurance surcharge and higher premiums and my $500 deductable and the possibility I'll have to rent a car for however long it takes to fix my car. I figure paying $500 to fix a couple of thousand worth of damage is a bargain. I could leave it but would have no trade in value left.

Kas-so happy to see you again. Sounds like a number of us are ready for early retirement or at least a huge change of scenery.

Det-what the heck line of work are you in anyway????

IJM- :H :H on the bond cashing adventure!!

Greenie-how'd you do at the garage sale?

DG-how'd the final go?

hey to everyone else. Going to crawl into bad with a cuppa and lick my wounds.
          New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Evening all = just jumping on to read the posts before I go out to dinner w/hubby and the friends. Having major cravings right now - so I am happy I jumped on at least to take the edge off - where is my ice cream when I need it!?!?!?

Comment

Thanks so much for the warm welcome back. Hugs to all, esp. Universal, and Pap (not good Pap.. you need the economic stress of this like another hole in the head....) (ANOTHER hole in the head?) and IJM, egads IJM what now? And yes, I would love to leave my job, but it would prolly come and find me. :H THere just not enough people who do what I do, apparently. What ever the frick it is. Lav glad you destinkified your chicken house. I could sure use some manure for my flower beds. Other than the stuff I produce in the office of course.

Love yez all.

Kas,.... one thing is for sure.
              Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

KAS! About freaking time you were getting back here. I was about to head north to seek you out. I figured I?d pour a few cans of Quaker State Motor Oil in a local stream and you?d show up sooner or later. Anyway, I am certainly glad you are back. Cyber-hug headed your way.

Pap ? that is what car insurance is for. Be glad that you and the other driver is safe. Unless you are like my 20 yo, don?t worry about surcharges. You have to have several mess-ups within a three year period generally. I have State Farm and had a fender bender several years ago. Did about $1.5K to each vehicle and was my fault. Not only did they not apply a surcharge, they left the safe driver discount on my policy. My son however? Accident 1 ? rear end someone at school ? no surcharge. 11 months later ? rear end someone at a red light ? surcharge. 9 months later ? totaled Mrs. IJM?s minivan and $10K damage to an SUV ? insurance dropped. Had to sign a form that we would not let him drive any of our cars. I guess I can see their point. As far as the deductable ? if your car is drivable then hold off a couple of months to fix it. You could always put back a few bucks a week so when you do pay out the deductable, it doesn?t hurt as much. Finally, check your policy. Mine covers car rental as part of the deductable. I know, you didn?t ask for advice but figured I?d put it out there anyway. No charge!

Nursie ? I will send you my check book register. Please balance it, find me some more cash I may have overlooked, and send it back please?

Hey to Det, M3, DL, Turnagain, and any late night check ins.

IJM

Comment

Welcome back kaz! Take off your coat, slip off your shoes, and stay a while.

P3, don't waste any angst over this. Let insurance handle it.

IJM, so what's on the barbie for tomorrow?

Garage sale was eh. I enjoy the people component of it. I made enough to put gas in my friend's car I borrowed and have some pocket change but even better I took what was left straight to goodwill. I tend to hang on to leftovers.

Fake vomit eh? My mind just doesn't know where to go with that. :H

Might go back to work. Feels like the universe is putting something together for me.
                  sigpic
                  Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

yep, nothing spices up a party like fake vomit. I was going to get a picture of myself laying next to it, but there's a lot of broken glass on the ground so i took a pass.

Kaslo!!!!!! where's the cool picture? comon....you spoiled us rotten with the photo shows you know.

Papmom, what a fright. glad to serious injuries. my line of work is law enforcement and first responder equipment supply and training. it's really pretty interesting for me.

today we were cleaning all the hazmat suits with spray bottles of.......you guessed it..... alcohol! so my whole day I got to smell a mist of straight AL. geeeeze. I'm pretty sure the universe is just screwing with me. Anyway I just see it as funny, I'm good and well.

Turnagain, you're quite right about the grass fed beef. it's loaded with CLA (conjugated linolenic acid) which is a potent cancer fighter among other things. wish we were closer, we could do some bulk buying together and share the savings.

ok, off to early dinner. at least I'm in the same hotel tonight as last night. jeepers what a week.

be well everyone
                    nosce te ipsum
                    (Know Thyself)

Comment

[S][/SIZE]
                      ItsJustMe;1193697 wrote: KAS! About freaking time you were getting back here. I was about to head north to seek you out. I figured I’d pour a few cans of Quaker State Motor Oil in a local stream and you’d show up sooner or later. Anyway, I am certainly glad you are back. Cyber-hug headed your way.

IJM
                      :H:HIJM, You are so damn funny I swear!!!
                      :lTo Kaslo. Yep, sometimes I feel the way you do too (re: about arguing a point and what is it really worth in the long run). Happy you're here.

Turnagain. Another victory! You are doing so well.

Det, cleaning with alcohol. Yuck.

Greenie, TELL US MORE about the job

P3. Sorry about the fender bender. IJM is right. It's what you pay all of the insurance for.

Hey Lav, Uni, Dglvr and everyone else.

:hM3
                      AF Since April 20, 2008
                      4 Years!!!
                      :lilheart:

Comment

I'll pass on the fake vomit too Det

Greenie, I don't have the energy for any more yad sales (like last Fall) so I have scheduled a pickup for the 20th by the Purple heart Organization. So all I have to do is drag stuff outside for them - yay!

Papmom, I had a fender bender in the supermarket parking lot. Some old guy decided to try to drive around me as I was backig out of my parking space. Who was at fault? Who knows? I was inching out of my parking space very slowly because there was a giant SUV parked next to me blocking my view of the aisle. His insurance company & mine decided no one was at fault so he got his car repaired & I just buffed out a few scrathes on my car. No changes were made to my premium, no surcharges either Hope it works out well for you!

greenie, what kind of work are you looking for???

I need to go bleach the inside of my nose - I keep smelling chicken poop :H :H
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Thanks everyone! I do appreciate the words of comfort and assurance. Thanks too IJM for the advice. I guess I'll find out about the surcharge and rental when I talk to my ins. agent on Monday. I will definitely hold off on the repairs for now. My biggest fear is that the woman who complained of backpain, was checked out by the EMTs and didn't get transported will all of a sudden cry broken neck or something like that. BUT, no sense worrying about something that didn't happen yet right? And of course, that is what I have ins. for. Breathing deep, breathing deep, ommmmmmmmm..........

Det-I sure wish there was a way for you to do what you do without all the traveling. You obviously love the merchandise and the training bit. We'll have to put our thinking caps on for you!

Kas-you too!! and BIG CONGRATS on your 9 months AF!! Way to go!! And yes, any pics you have would be great right now!!

Nursie, when you're done with IJM's checkbook, I'll send you mine Try to squeeze around $500 out of my meager earnings will ya??

Hey Turn-I think DG did something similar with a RIP cow last year. If I had someone (maybe 5 someones!) to go in on it with me I would consider doing something similar even tho I'm not a big red meat eater. But I can see where it would be pretty cost effective and better for you. Bon Appetit!!

Hey Doglvr-hope dinner went really well for you and you rode the crave wave like a champ!

Hi Uni-how'd your day go?

Lav-great job on cleaning the chicken coop of poop!! I can only imagine it being like cleaning a 1000 kitty litter boxes!! :H Your garden will thank you next year!

It is very cold and windy and I'm thinking about taking a couple of ambien and turning in. I got no sleep last nite-not sure why. Have to be at work by 8am tomorrow which is just barbaric as far as I'm concerned!! Ugh. $$$$$$
                          New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

AWESOME ON 9 MONTHS AF KASLO!!

IJM, you are closing in your countdown too

Because I'm too tired to do anything but sit here -
                            I just counted my days & will have 1000 on Dec. 20. Perfect Christmas gift to myself

Papmom, better days are right around the corner lady :H
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

LAv did you know that some people bleach their arseholes? I was quite amazed about that. Not firsthand knowledge, mind you - just read it. :H

I've been making these great grilled sandwiches to go with my veggie chili. Avacado, monterey jack, red onion, tomato on sprouted grain bread. Use a little chipotle mayo or something interesting too.

The work I'd been looking for was office stuff and with no discernable level of excitement; all along thinking in the back of my mind... I really LIKE cutting hair. However, I'm not crazy for chemical use so I didn't feel like I'd be much of an asset to a salon and didn't pursue it. But I saw somebody spruce up this cool little place 2 1/2 miles from my house and put up a barber pole. And somehow, driving by one day I ended up in his parking lot getting out of the car. I just walked in & said hello, chatted with him, ate peanuts with some of his customers and it was more about the space -it's a cool little stand-alone house-like building where I'd seen businesses come and go and really wanted to see something take root and complimented him on what he'd done and wished him well. On my way out I said oh by the way, I have a barber's license and if you get in a jam on a busy day call me and I'll come over and help you out. We chatted after that a couple months ago. So he called me yesterday and we're sort of doing some non-committal navigating. And that's the story. Wait till I tell him about my "special" haircut!

Kaz, CONGRATULATIONS ON 9 MONTHS!! :rockband:

Doglvr, I hope you had dessert for an appetizer. Let us know how it went and especially details on what you had to eat.
                              sigpic
                              Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Hi again everyone. Late check in here. Wow - busy day today for fABbies!

Greenie - that is an awesome story about the barber down the street! Wait until he finds out about your special haircuts. A marketing campaign might be in order.

Welcome back Kas! P3 - so sorry to read about your accident. :egad: Hope all goes smoothly and it doesn't cost much and you get no rate increase. YOU DESERVE A BREAK TODAY!! Duck herding??? :H I gotta see that! I think the final went OK. With this teacher and his tricky multiple choice questions, I hate to even guess until I actually see my grade.

Lav - I am very excited about your 1,000 day party!!!!!

Det - sounds like you are having a stressful week on the road but I did have to laugh at the fake vomit. I just had a vision of some bars I used to drink in. (but it wasn't fake)

M3 - what's on the agenda for teacher training this week?

IJM - you've had quite a stressful run with your job, eh? My husband is a techie dude and he was very glad to get away from management. His work in his business is definitely "individual contributor." He doesn't want to hire anyone, and I can see how he is just better off NOT being a manager. So I can understand your point of view on that for sure!!! Hope it all works out well for you. THREE MORE DAYS!!

Doglvr - good that you came here! Hope you are doing OK on your night out.

Sunny - no naps today! And I think you SHOULD talk to a therapist with all that domestic goddess stuff you've been doing!

GAC - I will have to see if Netflix has Bridesmaids. I should at least get the AA part! :H

Turnagain - we get some cow every year too (grass fed, etc.). 1/2 is a bit too much for us as well. The farmer offers a mixed quarter so basically, you split a 1/2 with someone else, but I don't have to find the someone else - they do. So that's a nice feature! I placed my order a few weeks ago - I'm hoping pick up isn't until after the first of the year - need to get the freezer emptied out a little more. I hardly ever eat grain fed beef any more - forgot what it tastes like! It's been several years now. I like the peanut butter analogy!

Lav - I'm glad YB is helping you out these days!! Your vegetables will be amazing again next year.

Went to AA tonight to hear a friend speak. Step Coach's wife was there. It's nice to see her coming round again. It was very very hard for her when Step Coach died last winter. I know she will always miss him deeply but it's good to see she is healing enough to be able to come 'round and smile again.

Another good friend is really struggling right now (relapse) and is back in the hospital. That is a grim reminder of where AL can take people like us. The ONLY way for me to avoid trouble with AL is to not take the first drink. Period.

Anyone else following gymastics? The World Championships are almost over. The women's vault final was cool today. 15 year old from the US won gold. 30 somethting year old from Germany won silver. (she won her first world championship medal before any of the other vault finalists were born) And a girl from Vietnam took the bronze - the first gymnastics medal ever for Vietnam. SO much better than football! (RUNNING FAST BEFORE I GET EGGED!!!!!)

One thing is for sure....

DG
                                Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                                Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
                                X