Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tuesday, December 26

Morning all,

Weemelon and Tawny, Bill Bryson is the best. May I recommend " A Walk in the Woods." It is about the Appalachian Trail in the Eastern US. Very good stuff.

I was well right to stay home all. Although I stayed home primarily for 2 reasons (1) elective stupidity on part of eldest sibling that resulted in my shopping for previously unnannounced guests (that he said he was bringing) on CHRISTMAS DAY (and spending 100 dolllars) and then said guests not coming (to which he responded, I don't know why anyone thought they were coming) AND (2) generally helpful second sibling who tried to rush me to get ready and gave me 10 minutes to get ready while I was in dripping towel and would not consent to commencing the dinner without me (I forced them to agree to eat from paper plates, the queen was not coming). To all those who know of my family, the kitchen bitch sib was good, he was innocent in last night's insanity.

Lushy, at the GAP I have found some boy cut jeans and silly green flats that will make me look like a court jester. Thank you for offering to take the card off my hands though.

I missed many interesting events last night that bolster my decision to stay home. For, you see, it is not just my family. My family is forever intertwined with even crazier family ... da inlaws. My dearest sister in law has crazy family too. Her lovely father has the most insane children ever. Her malicious sister #1 rode up on broomstick to cause havoc and berated and belittled him. He has sold family home (so there will be NO room for his adult children to roost). He wanted to have last Christmas in his beautiful old home and has prostate cancer (he does not know). Crazy and Malicious are mad he has sold house. He became irate and confused and started talking babble. Crazy and malicious sister #2 called police and had them come over to house and asked them to remove the devil from her father (she is like in mid 40s and works as police dispatcher)??? Sister in law called about 10 churches and could not raise one priest.They must have caller ID too? Now my poor sister in law SO upset and sad. She know her father passing and her nutty ass sisters do not know, he does not know, and she is carrying huge weight on shoulders.

Also, malicious sister #1has FOUR children who are now coming over for Christmas today. SO, I now have to go out and buy gifts. My board friends will remember that I have been trying to get people to commit to the "RULES" as far as gift buying ... do I buy them gifts, am I allowed to buy them gifts. Sister in law is trying to provide them with normal family (and yes, relative to her family we are fairly normal, only one true nut). But, now I have to go Christmas shopping AGAIN - the day AFTER Christmas!!! ARRRGGGH.

I am laughing though. I feel like Salvador Dali.

Merry Day after Christmas ... now you see why I was on strike ...
    Hugs,
    Pans

P.S. I am fine, this is for entertainment purposes only. Please do not provide preferred methods regarding means of exorcisms.This is not mini-drama. Do not try this at home.

Tuesday, December 26

Dearest P......hope the ps is true and you ARE fine.....I'm not sure about your rules for gift buying....I was still mainlining vino tinto then, and so have missed that little piece of xmas wisdom, but from the sound of it, It seems they all need a gift wrapped shaking, and a 3D card, containing a pop-up smack around the chops!!!!...

Your poor sister in law has her hands full and no mistake...there isn't a 'my way out of my crazy family' website that she could subscribe to is there??? Must have been hideous for her father with all the exorcism stuff going on.......Not always the best way to calm someone down who is obviously very stressed and upset.....

Hope you can have as nice(?) a day as possible......don't forget, if you are Salvador Dali, or one of his paintings...your ears will be glued onto your shoulders, and you eyeballs will probably be lurking on a nearby lobster, so at least you can be hear no evil, see no evil!!!!

And yes...have read walk in the woods..with dear old Katz struggling with a problem close to many hearts here...have read them all actually...many times...happy day pans (I am invoking the spirits of all deities known to man as we speak to ensure that this is so....do not be surprised if thunderbolts play a large part in disposing of obnoxious relly's today!!!) Weegratefultobelivingontheoppositesideoftheworldto herfamilyapartfromtheonessheactuallylikesmelonhead
    xoxoxoxo (the spellchecker has just had a meltdown trying to come up with likely substitutes for THAT word)

Comment

Tuesday, December 26

Hi Melon,

I actually like them all Melon (well, not all my sis in law's rellys), but I can only take certain of mine in measured doses. As of this morning I have spoken to all except the very inconsiderate one (unannounced guest bringer) and they are all SO understanding .... "yeah, he's an a-hole" is a very common expression in my family LOL.

Happy day, Melon. When is the bald getting your avatar up? I am getting impatient Melon!! The world must see!
      Hugs,
      Pans

Comment

Tuesday, December 26

I have got the 'bits' I need, waiting in word.....but the bald has been working on another little project for a couple of friends of ours Darn Saaaarfffff, I was hoping that today would be the day, but he needs to go back to work apparently, so I may enlist the help of the offspring.....the avatar spring collection is really a little late this year I know.................

Comment

Tuesday, December 26

Pans, everything about your post made me laugh. Where is your court jester avatar????
          I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Tuesday, December 26

Hello all,

Having a nice quiet Boxing Day....we are just about to sit down to my favourite dinner of the year....turkey curry.

I have read everything of Bill Bryson's that I can get my hands on and an half way through the Thunderbolt Kid....good stuff. My favourite is' Notes from a Small Island'. The stuff about Mrs. Smegma is hilarious.

I have to go to work tomorrow for a few hours, then I'm off until the 8th....hopefully...so I am planning on climbing a few hills and a couple of fishing trips to keep myself busy.

......AAAHHHH!, that's my curry ready...I'll hear from you soon......
            Love

Comment

Tuesday, December 26

Paul, Happy Boxing Day!!! You have mentioned your turkey curry dish before. I have never had it. Any chance you could post it in the Recipe Corner on here? It sounds yummy.....
              I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Tuesday, December 26

Pansy,
                Thank you for making me laugh. At least I realize now that my family has not cornered the market on being crazy.
                Happy (and very thankfully) day after Christmas Day,
                Janet

Comment

Tuesday, December 26

Hello again,

Lush...I just pick over the turkey and fry up onions, peppers and garlic. I throw it into a big pot with Schwartz's curry powder. Simple and delicious.

Comment

Tuesday, December 26

Merry Day After Everyone-
                    Pansy my hat is off to you! Thought I had a stress with the relations......congrats for getting thru it all!

Hope everyone had a nice day yesterday. I'm back at home after visiting my mom and stepdad out of town. I went to visit a good friend (known her since I was 14) at her house xmas eve - her husband, her ex-husband, their kids (3 girls), ex-husband's new wife and their 4 year old, another friend, and my mother's neighbor and I were all there.
                    My friend was so excited(perhaps a little stressed) about christmas etc that she over imbibed a bit. A little too much wine. I was tempted but not a lot - I had diet root beer.
                    Talked to my friend on the drive back home today and she said she was pretty ill all Christmas day. I felt so bad for her.
                    And she isn't a big drinker either - just got over excited and drank about 6 glasses of wine on an empty stomach.
                    I tried to discourage her that night but others surprisingly said things like - oh, give her another glass of wine, she's not driving! I said, I know, but I bet she'd like to enjoy Christmas morning with her kids without a major hangover!
                    Oh well....she said she had a good time that night anyway.
                    So that is my Christmas story. One special thing was that I went to midnight mass at the Cathedral and it was so so nice. I've been to midnight mass before - but used to go after drinking...not a good idea. The music and the service were just beautiful. Made it feel like Christmas.
                    Night all - hope your day was a good one.
                    I'm looking forward to 12/28 - that will be 60 days for me. Guess I will need to figure out my new goal after that.

Lisa

Comment

Working...
                    X