AF Daily - Sunday October 16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IJM we are better than Al. He lies to us. He tricks us. We should all kick his fricken ass.
    Hang tough!

Everyone else, whew! What a busy day you're having! We dealt with the aftermath of our darling shoplifting. Her mother and I had a long talk and I think we are all on the same page now. The kid was so disrespectful but broke at the end when we said nobody is giving up on her so she can cut the act. She needs to face the music bit that doesnt mean we don't love her anymore. She thinks she's depressed. Idk. We are takin her for an eval.

Anyway, on top of our family crisis, I went to a work fundraiser. As soon as I walked in, there were tables of filled wine glasses just ready to be plucked. And honest to God, all I wanted was a hot coffee. I mingled with families, coworkers, politicians, etc sober and clear headed. Not once did I struggle or consider getting wine. I watched other coworkers get wine after wine and now that I'm reading the Kick the Drink book, I realize that they have a problem too! What the he'll is everyone drinking for at 1pm in the afternoon? Lol

I can't believe how good it feels to have my first indifference experience. And during a crisis as well. That's amazing to me. This is because of you guys. This program is working. MWO Rocks my socks off.
    Day 1 again 11/5/19
    Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
    Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
    Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
    11/27/19: messed up but back on track
    12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

For Det....

Please send more ammo...

Sober for the Revolution!
      AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Thanks everyone for your support. Looks like I got my train of thought changed. Right after my last post my oldest son called to let me know he was in an auto wreck. His girlfriend was driving and ran off the road. He is ok but the gf is not in good shape. So I drove an hour and a half to east bumble and am now setting in the er waiting to see what's up. I thank God that he is ok. Had I been drinking there would have been no way I could drive here for him. Hopefully everything will be ok.

Anyway, just wanted to thank you all for reaching out to me.

Comment

Holy cow IJM, thats just awful. I hope she is gonna be ok. what a mess. Its gotta be late there. I hope you are ok.
          Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

IJM-so sorry i went to bed early and wasn't there to help support you last nite. I am praying that your son's GF is OK and I am so glad your son wasn't hurt. Although this is extreme, the Universe does work in mysterious ways. You were in perfect shape to be there for your kid and that's all that matters. If it helps, one of the things I do when I just want to go numb is try to remind myself that if anything ever happened to one of my family members or my "kidz", I would need to be sober and present and be able to drive anywhere at anytime. 2 years ago that would not have been the case. But it is now and I think God, the Universe, whatever every nite that I am now sober. Hang in there-I pray that today at work will not be as bad as you have imagined it to be. :l:h
            New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

IJM, ditto everything Papmom said. I pray your son's girlfriend is ok and I'm glad you are able to be there for them. You must be exhausted. Keep us posted ok? (((hugs)))
              Day 1 again 11/5/19
              Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
              Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
              Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
              11/27/19: messed up but back on track
              12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

IJM - really hope all is ok with your son's girlfriend, and isn't it such a positive that you were sober and able to drive?

re work anxiety I hear you!I've had 2 lovely weeks off and am due back tomorrow - I started worrying 3 days ago about it!

Kaslo - you're right it is just work and not our lives - I really need to remind myself of that a lot of the time.

All of the meditation info was really useful as well - have been thinking it would be good for my grasshopper mind.

Well I am about to have another coffee and do the changeover from summer to winter clothes in the wardrobe. Then cleaning, planning food for week, gym and a bit of vegetable shopping.Focusing on eating better(I hesitate to use the word diet!) and exercising - weighed self - eeek!

Loving being AF - life would be so much harder being drunk/hungover.
                Day 9.
                one day at a time

Comment

Working...
                X