AF Daily ~ Thurs 10/20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily ~ Thurs 10/20

AMEN DG!! and way to go on your A for the class!! Keep up the good work!

Just popping in real quick. Home late from the NH and have a 7am PT appt tomorrow morning so need to get the pups/kittys fed, some tea made and then in to bed for me.

IJM-please check in or are you too big a star for us now???
    New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

AF Daily ~ Thurs 10/20

Good evening Abbies!

Lav is tired but in good shape. Today involved a little bit of everything including feeding YB (not sure why), feeding DIL & watching grandsons while she went to her karate class, work, food shopping, animal care, etc, etc, etc.

Turnagain, glad your procedure went well & welcome to the snoring sufferers club

DG, awesome on the A!!!!

IJM on location on his latest film today ? :H

Wishing everyone a great AF night - tomorrow is Friday - yay!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF Daily ~ Thurs 10/20

Hi Ab-Fabbers!

I haven't been here in a long time, but I think of all of you and I get a real pang of nostalgia when I pop in. It's great to see so many old friends still doing well! I have been AF for 262 days now. It's working for me. Life is better. I like myself more. I worry a lot less. Lately, though, I've felt some of my old depression creeping back in, and I still sometimes have an urge to drink. I can honestly say I can't really imagine doing so...I am clear and solid on this now. But it still pops into my head sometimes, and I wonder if it always will. Most days, I don't even think about it. But then sometimes it seems unreal - that "what NEVER?" thought comes up.

Be well everyone!

Sara
        "When she enjoyed her drinking she couldn't control it, and when she controlled it, she couldn't enjoy it." (from The Big Book)

Comment

AF Daily ~ Thurs 10/20

Good job, DG!

Comment

AF Daily ~ Thurs 10/20

Hey ho and good night! Yes I worked today. Yoga, made dinner & participated in an on-line workshop (energy stuff). Wanting to go to bed but I've got a few things to do first. I think I'm managing the shop. I'll give it a shot anyway - don't even know what's involved really. I look at it as the universe presenting me with this package deal so I'll just show up for it and see what unfolds. Did I mentinon the different guy gave me a haircut yesterday? I KNEW he wouldn't be able to look at my imperfect hair more than a day or two. :H Sara, good to see you! Never is still one day at a time.
            sigpic
            Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

AF Daily ~ Thurs 10/20

P3! Kitties??? Why do I not remember kitties? did I miss something? forget something? either way is entirely possible!!

Hi Chief!

Lav. You should start charging for your restaurant services. Well, for YB anyway.

Greenie - sounds like the universe is busy in your life!!! So do you like your even hair better? Or your uneven hair better? Did you explain to strange guy how those "special haircuts" work, so he knows to be on his best behavior?

Sara - WONDERFUL to see you pop in. Congratulations on your AF time!!!!! :yougo: This is NOT EASY - especially at first. My best friend is my gratitude list. I keep it going in a journal. I add to it and review it any time my thinking gets funky. Just an idea of a tool that help me with strange thinking. FWIW, my strange thinking is really rare these days - for me it keeps getting better/easier with more AF time. The best way to set myself back would be to drink - I'm very sure of that. How is life?

Sunny - is Mr. Wonderful your.......husband? If so, where can I get one of those highchairs? :H

Any "social media marketing" experts on board here? If so, I would love to pick your brain about it.

One thing is for sure...

DG
              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
              Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

AF Daily ~ Thurs 10/20

Hello again friends,

So, no one has any real good advice for sleeping with a snorer. And yes, my husband's snoring is directly related to the amount of beer he drinks. Not that he would ever admit that. I'm already making plans to turn my son's bedroom back into the guest (me) bedroom when he goes to college.

Congrats on the A DG! I got a chuckle out of your need to pee during your talk with the teacher though.:H

Sunny, after much thought, I assume the high chair is the scaffolding? I am always really glad I am not an animal when the weather is bad!

Hey to everyone and good to see you Sara!

Hubby did just kiss me goodnight, but I had to remind him where his new bed was.:H

The universe not only spoke to me today it screamed and shouted. I can't wait to tell you all about it. In the morning.

Good night.:h
                The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

AF Daily ~ Thurs 10/20

WE HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL MORNING????????? (does this mean you are ____________:h??????) We need to work on your priorities LVT!!!

DG
                  Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                  Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

AF Daily ~ Thurs 10/20

Doggygirl;1195921 wrote: WE HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL MORNING?????????
                    Well fecks sake, LVT!!! Do you realize how long I have to wait now that I am away from a computer all day?????? :H BTW, they make these little wax ear plugs that are really effecient. Conforms to YOUR ear. Get them at the drugstore. Little clear plastic box. Extra benefit is that relaxation/falling asleep is enhanced because you really hear the sound of your own breathing. sort of like biofeedback.

DG, yes my haircut rocks! Style is the same but you can imagine the difference in precision.. especially the in the back :H
                    sigpic
                    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Working...
                    X