AF Daily - Friday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Friday

man, am I having a hard time staying upright today! Not sure why - just incredibly exhausted! I did get the vacuuming done and had a shower (woo hoo) but can't seem to get the motivation to do my assignment. Their is no due date so it doesn't matter but I hate feeling so blah.......

Oh well, at least I'm not drinking!

Going to go veg in front of the tv or something. I don't want to go back up to bed. It's only 3pm here so this is a little ridiculous. Maybe I'm coming down with something.
    Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
    :h

Comment

AF Daily - Friday

Hello FABbies!

Uni.. you're ahead of me.. I, too need to confront, capture, and dispose of the fluff balls. Which I will do momentarily. Gonna have me some quality time with Mr. Dyson (I SO love him!)

Sorry, been a busy day here but all is well in this corner of the globe and one thing is for sure...

Have a great weekend, everyone!!!!
      Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

AF Daily - Friday

Hi Uni and Sunni! I'm with you Uni - I'm still not fully recovered from this cold and I think it's caught up with me. I feel like I can barely hold my eyes open today. So I AM going to lay down and may not move for the rest of the night!

Sunni - hope you have more energy than me and Uni today!

Just talked to the local contact from WFS. No meetings in the area currently. BUT...she sounds very interesting, and she just completed her Masters Degree (at 29 years old :H) to become licensed addiction counselor (a bigger deal than certification). She gave me a lot of good info about avenues for that which might be next. I love the people I am meeting in recovery!! She also goes to some AA meetings and told me about a good womens group I want to check out. So I 'm glad I contacted them! I look forward to learning more about the WFS program.

One this is ABSOLUTELY sure...

DG
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

AF Daily - Friday

Hey Peeps-
          Just popped in to say hello; keeping myself accountable. I'm hecka busy right now so I haven't even read any posts, but WOW!!!!! Kaslo's picture caught my eye. What beauty!!!!!! I LOVE that picture. My kids are having a couple friends over tonite for a sleepover, so I don't know if I'll get the chance to pop back in, but will catch up on all posts when time permits.
          "Today's Test Is Tomorrow's Testimony"

Comment

AF Daily - Friday

I love Fall, too, Kas! Fall has come and gone this far north....we're just waiting now for the inevitable. Last week, my hubby and I went north to the Matanuska Valley to pick up our cow. The farmer we buy from raises grass-fed stock - no antibiotics or hormones. The cows have a nice life....and then help us sustain ours. Thank you, cows. Thank you farmer Larry for raising your cows right.

Here's a little photo album of some shots I took...
            Alaska Fall 2011 pictures by Turnagaintoo - Photobucket

and here's a little sampling of typical Alaska Road signage along the way...

Today....marks 90 days for me af and nf....I am grateful every day for the new life I have and am thankful for the support and encouragement all of you share so graciously....

I will save the celebratory jig for 6 months...when the knee has healed!
            Sober for the Revolution!
            AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

AF Daily - Friday

Well,
              I did take a nap this afternoon & thoroughly enjoyed it too :H
              Must just be something in the air today!

Kaslo, such a pretty picture, thanks!
              Don't blame you wanting to be out in the fresh air

Hi bear & DG & Uni agin!

GAC, kiddie sleepovers.........bless you!

I made myself a nice pot of lentil soup with spinach this afternoon
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF Daily - Friday

Cross post Turnagain!

Congrats on your 90 AF NF days! Wow, great work!!!!
                Love your pics - looks chilly up there
                Hope your knee is healing well!

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF Daily - Friday

Congratulations on your 90 Days, Turn!!!!

I'll jigg for ya! With Mr. Dyson in tow! Mrs. Doubtfire style! :H
                  Love your pictures.. but.... what's with your road signs!!!???

Gotta run, hope you're all having a wonderful evening!

Oh.. and I went to a lovely dinner party earlier... with my tea bags and lemon, had a grand time!
                  Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

AF Daily - Friday

Hello again.

Just popping in to say WAY TO GO TURNAGAIN!!!:goodjob: I think 90 days is huge! I took a peek at your pictures which are beautiful! Not sure why it is so much fun for people to use road signs as target practice. Just costs us taxpayers money!

Love your photo too Kas!

Came home to
                    1. Hubby drinking beer with neighbor
                    2. Stray male dog
                    3. New microwave for birthday.

The second 2 were surprises, the first one not so much. And, I'm not too thrilled about any of the 3.
                    When he asked me what I wanted to do tonight I think I actually said anything but watch you drink beer. So, I decided to rent a PPV movie and sent them to town for a pizza. Yes, I am an old lady. And I don't care.

I actually dislike it when he gets me appliances. I love the fridge he got me last birthday, but I kind of wanted to wait until old microwave crapped out and get a new stove AND microwave above. Like the fridge--there would need to be some remodeling to make room. I feel bad for not loving the gift. But I did tell him my thoughts, and he didn't get mad which helps.

Time for a hot shower and my comfy jammers. This has been a good day.:h
                    The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

AF Daily - Friday

Happy birthday LVT!!!!

Congrats Turnagain on 90 days !!!!! :goodjob: awesome.

Nice bullet holes there but it always scares me when I see that!

Kas
                      Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

AF Daily - Friday

I have NEVER been anywhere else where the road signs have been so shot up. In town...out of town...nearly every sign has a hole in it. Just the other day, a friend and I were pondering...who does this? and when? Most likely alcohol is involved and well...guns and booze are a bad combo. Very bad.

When the kids were young, we used to play a great little road trip game: We would give them a nickel for every road sign they could count that did not have a bullet hole in it. At most, a 350 mile trip would net those poor chilrun maybe a quarter.

That always worked out well for us until we took a trip down to Homer AK right after ALL the signs had been replaced! Kids made bank on that 250 mile trek!
                        AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

AF Daily - Friday

That's pretty cute. Your kids will grow up to be gun control advocates! Just kidding. But ya know I've worked out of fort Nelson and Yellowknife for many years and I don't see that in the Canadian north. Must be a US phenom. Maybe a few times in Alberta, lol!

Kaslo
                          Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

AF Daily - Friday

Canadians are just so gosh darned civilized!
                            AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

AF Daily - Friday

:yougo::yougo:Congrats Turnagain on 90 DAYS AF!!!!!:yougo::yougo:

I'm wondering if we have a party thread. If not we need one!!!

On the shot up sign....your comment about wondering if AL was involved made me :H. Every time I hear a bizarre story on the news, my mind automatically says "I wonder if AL was involved?" And inevitably........

On to find the Saturday thread...

DG
                              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                              Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
                              X