Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Saturday 10/22

Wakey wakey!!!

:cheering:CONGRATULATIONS ON 90 DAYS TURN!!!:cheering:I'm so glad for you! You rock!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LVT!!An appliance, eh? I would like an appliance for my birthday, provided it came with a newly remodeled kitchen.

Lovely pics yesterday - I really enjoy seeing where you folks live.

Yesterday a guy gave me a tip equal to half the price of the haircut. You can imagine the surprise on my face (I never would have guessed it would come from this guy - judging the book by the cover thing) and he said it was the best haircut he EVER had. :crowned: I was particularly happy because he was on his way out of town to be in a wedding.
    In other shop news, the shop owner is vamoose to go work for the instructional schools. We cut a deal in my rent for me to hold down the fort and I signed the lease (terminate any time for any reason by either). That felt like something between hilarity and panic and I still have flashes of it. Inappropriate laughter is a mild comparison.nfire:
    Is the different guy a dealer? Eek! I overheard a phone conversation and it sure sounded like it. I have to bring it up because my client heard it too and it seemed to just hang there. I sure felt uncomfortable, not wanting to reveal how I interpreted the conversation.

Off to yoga and then to work for half a day then to a blues festival downtown. I'm looking foward to Sunday. I have a new appreciation for a "weekend" day all of a sudden. One thing's for sure!
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

greeneyes;1196684 wrote: coffee first
    Paracetamol, box of tissues, cough sweets. Bah. And at work. Double bah.
    sigpic
    AF since December 22nd 2008
    Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

______________________ first!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

______________________ first, now Greenie, where's the coffee! :h

Hello friend's. I hear this thread is full of luuurve, and this where a fella or fellette comes to get it?

Hope all is well, and positive vibes and thoughts out to those folks who might be having a hard time at present.

Have a great weekend Abber's!

G-bloke.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Marshy;1196686 wrote: Paracetamol
          I don't know what that word is, but I'm sure sorry you feel bad! Be well soon!

G :h
          sigpic
          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Happy birthday LVT!

Congratulations on 90 days Turn! Keep it going!

Nice to see you Greenie.

Comment

Happy birthday LVT!

Congratulations on 90 days Turn! Keep it going!

Nice to see you Greenie. I know you're rockin' it.

Hi Marshy! Get well soon.

Comment

Turn 90 days is amazing - be happy.:goodjob:
                Marshy - feel better - tis the season to be snotty.:l
                Happy birthday LVT!Did you want a microwav?

Day 15 here - feeling good -booze cloud lifting.

Can I ask those of you who adopt AA approach - how many of you do meetings?

I'm finding a lot in the big book I identify with - and a lot that is quite soothing to read - e.g. giving it up to a higher power - i always read that as saying we are weak/low self esteem enhancing - but it's not it's about letting go isn't it and not trying to battle the battles you can't win(e.g. not trying to control alcohol when evidence shows you can't).

Here is my meeting for now, I may do the resentment exercise the big book recommends over the next few days.Anyway gym, hair dying and friends for dinner later.
                Tomorrow skating early morning zzzzzz - at least I can do it sober!
                one day at a time

Comment

fABbies!!!!

Greenie - I love the story about your new customer and his happiness and the nice tip. For me, getting my hair cut is about so much more than a hair cut when I like my stylist so much. I bet that guy will be back for another awesome one!!! :crowned: Lease, eh? Sounds like you are off on an entrepeneurial adventure! (did I spell that right?)

Congrats Turnagain!!!!!! (party thread???)

G-man, good to see you here sober and lusting after our green one. :h You are both worthy.

Marshy - I don't know what that p-thing is either, but it doesn't sound good. I hope you are feeling better soon! I hope XNGF is taking good care of you!

Bear, I go to meetings regularly. I found a home group I really like that meets at a great time of day for me - 7AM. So I am usually there on average 2-3 times a week. I'm not much of a night owl but will be going to a speaker meeting tonight as one of my friends will be telling her story. It's very cool how people really come out to support each other when friends or even acquantances are the speakers at speaker meetings. I want to hear her story of course but also, it's her first time being the speaker at a speaker meeting, so there will be tons of us from the home group out to give her support. One of the massively wonderful things I learned in AA was how to let go of resentments. I'm not always perfect at it, but DO now have a way to go about it. It's great not having resentments eating me alive all the time.

Speaking of programs/meetings, etc. I guess I am turning into a sobriety tart myself :H and have signed up over the last couple of days at the Women For Sobriety on-line forum, and also the WFS main site for their monthly newsletter. It's nice - when I signed up for that I got the last 4 issues in my inbox. I am thinking about sitting in on a chat meeting this morning at 8AM central time just to check it out. I also ordered the "beginners kit" of materials so I can read moe about the program. Sounds very empowering.

Well, I need to seriously get going on this paper. Still stalled. That's got to stop! One thing is for sure....

DG
                  Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                  Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Hey DG.

I think paracetomol is like panadol? do you have that there? An over the counter med, typically for headaches/light fever.

:h

Comment

Morning guys!

DG - WFS is very empowering, the main reason I love it so much.
                      Greeny - wow, sounds like you have your own shop!
                      Marshy - feel good soon, take care of yourself.
                      Guit - always good to see you!
                      Bear - Glad you are enjoying the book - try to get out to some meetings, It will help. As well, doing step 4 is important to do with a sponsor, it's a challenging step to do alone.

I'm up, drinking coffee, watching my stupid dog tearing apart my desk and trying to eat the wood from it. Man, he's lucky he's cute!

Hubby is working today - he has not had a good week. I hope his day goes better as he is grumpy!

I have to start on my assignment today - that is my goal. Other than that, not much. Grocery shopping later.

Hope everyone has an awesome AF Saturday!
                      Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
                      :h

Comment

Paracetamol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I thought it was universal! Obviously not.

Turnagain - congratulations on 90 days. Great achievement.

LVT - happy birthday!

Hi G and DG and Uni!

Bear, the meetings are not as scary as you're imagining. I don't go very often and I don't follow the "programme" but there's something very comforting about the face-to-face support. Give it a whirl!
                        sigpic
                        AF since December 22nd 2008
                        Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Good morning Abbers!

Wow, busy, busy here today!

Greenie, sounds like you are on your way to being a business queen - good for you
                          Overhearing conversations can be confusing.......gets the imagination going

Marshy, hope you are feeling better soon! I looked up Paracetamol ages ago you you or someone else mentioned it here

Hello to G, bear & Uni - hope you all have a great day! DG - get thy homework done :H

I plan to get some outside work done today & the weather is decent so there's no excuse!
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Congratulations Turnagain! Ninety days feels great. Very well done on that milestone.
                            And nice colourful post Greeneyes
                            And poor Marshy having to work with a gunky cold. I suspect that the American equivalent of Paracetamol is Tylenol. Anyhoo get well soon.
                            Kaslo's not here yet but I LOVED the Autumnal pic that was posted yesterday. Beautiful.
                            Hi DG! Hi Guitarista Hi Uni Hi bear. Hi to all to come
                            xTreya
                            AF since 11 July 2011
                            You can never get enough of what you don't really want

Comment

Fabeens! Good day, eh? Ah, Marshy its called Tylenol here. Well hope you feel better today. Do you find you get sick LESS. i swear, its only been 9 months and a bit for me, but usually (touch wood and whistle) I have gotten any of the typical late winter, summer and/or fall colds and a flu at least once.

Greenie, I am pumped for you. Great! Happy customers, get to cut hair, its a win win. Can I be frank here? I would watch out for the other guy there. Is this one of the reasons why the owner is bogging off? My spidey senses are going off. First the big inquisition re drinking, then the overhearing of incriminating details.... do you have the power to replace him if he turns out to be trouble with a capitol T. An eegit? Im just sayin. What is your sense of the whole thing?

MrG I read your thread on Need Help Now, and I was very impressed with your advice to the person asking herself why bother. Well explained.

bonjour to Uni, DG, and all others here.

Umm, pssst. Can somebody please tell me what WFS stands for? And what the heck is the Big Book? I lead a sheltered life.

My story is I have four documents to write in two months. Its insane. Ordered a multivariat ordination statistics package yesterday called PCOrd, and I cant wait to put my species releve data in there and see what kind of horse hockey I can create. But I also want to take the kayak out for one last paddle. Have a great AF day!!!

Kaslo
                              Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Working...
                              X