Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily ~ Sunday 10/23

Good evening Abbers!

I have survived another weekend with the Insanity Twins & they're back home now

Had my son, DIL, grandsons & YB here for dinner.
    YB cleaned up his garage - why? I have no idea :H
    My son cut the grass - why? I don't know :H
    Just happy to see these jobs getting done!

IJM, your block party sounds like fun! No one even goes trick or treating here in cow country. Tokk me a few years to figure that out!

Kaslo, I just love your pics - no wonder you like to be out on the water!

papmom, get that arm looked at!

Glad to hear everyone had a good weekend.
    bear, what's happening with you?

Chief, I agree 100% drinking is definitely not worth the battle.

Boy, I am tired!!!
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF Daily ~ Sunday 10/23

Hi fABbies! Late check in for me. Good day but very busy. Nothing *special* just getting a lot of crap done. Had hoped to get at least a bit of time in studying, but no such luck. Did manage to see a few figure skaters though. :bling I have no idea how I used to function being drunk or hungover all the time.

IJM - we were about to send the posse out to look for you! Good you are back. Don't let a lost movie part get you down. Keep trying. Your BBQ sounds like fun!

Cindi, Don, good to see you here!

Bear, it was very very hard for me to accept that I just can't safely drink, ever. That was the hardest part. I spent a long time holding out a little bit of *secret* hope that I "wasn't that bad" and that somehow I could control it. Even while I was "talkin' the talk." Sobriety was elusive for much of that time, and not really happy for the other part of that time. So it you are 100% on this acceptance, I think that is a HUGE step forward and I am very happy for you. What are you planning to do differently on the weekend nights, etc. until you get your sober feet underneath you?

Hi to all the "regulars!" Special :l to Uni and anyone else who is going through a rough patch. Uni I hope your FIL is going to be OK.

Well, I gotta hit the shower and get some sleep - long day tomorrow. Will be helping out my friend who is struggling with relapse and a falling apart marriage. Will be helping her pick up some of her things from her home and get from the hospital to rehab. Then home for studying!

One thing is for sure..

DG
      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

AF Daily ~ Sunday 10/23

Kaslo, what a beautiful picture of Slocan Lake! Fall is so darn beautiful!!!

Hi to you all! Had a great day today. It finally stopped raining and my GF and our kids went to a corn maze. Got some pumpkins, and petted some pigs, goats, and harassed some chickens. :H

Bear, Bear, Bear!!!! :bat Come on, GF! You can do this. Aren't you tired of the roller coaster ride? You are right about books not going to help you cure this. They are useful in adding to your tool box, but you really have to want to end the madness!!! From the years of my reading your posts you have a lot going for you in life, and the drinking (as for many of us who use to drink, or are currently drinking) is a complete energy drain!!! I am giving you a personal butt-kicking! Get back on the wagon!!! We are all here for you and routing for you!!

K - gotta run. Little AFM is kicking me off the computer. Dang!

Have a great night everyone!! xoxo

Comment

AF Daily ~ Sunday 10/23

I can't wait to go to IJM's party!

GAC, thank you for the marketing ideas!!

P3, I hope you heal quickly. I know that's hard for you!
          sigpic
          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Working...
          X